But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by shrek2 »

Man, I can't understand why there is so much noise about Colin Kaepernick and not having any job at QB. He was never any good at UNR (impressive that is) and I don't think they were ever able to beat Hawaii with his arm.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/col ... smsnnews11

There is so much noise out there that Colin Kaepernick is out of a job because of his stance on kneeling during the anthem. He couldn't pass at Nevada but he had this long stride that made him good on the outside run after the half back dive. His passing was atrocious at the 49ers and had to take lessons from veteran QBs. He was hyped at being better than Tom Brady after he took over for Alex Smith but he still looked awful. Anybody really think that Colin Kaepernick is being iced because of his stance on kneeling during the national anthem or the fact that he's black?
Last edited by shrek2 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: But, but Colin Kaepernick was never any good

Post by shrek2 »

I know of a woman who's niece dated Colin and her neice said he was dumb. You know, it doesn't make sense to give up a $11M contract with the 49ers when no other team really wanted him. He did get boo'ed at Levi Stadium in Santa Clara but what quarterback would give up $11M to do the same thing he is doing which is sitting on his butt and not getting paid. Pride is supposed to be the worst sin according to some ministers.

I think he had a good cause and maybe not so much brains behind of the move. He did start a trend and I believe he will be an icon for the BLM movement but not remembered much for his football.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

As a quarterback, he couldn't hit the side of a barn with the football. His only redeeming value in college was his legs with the long strides.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

What fool would quit on an $11,000,000 contract just to kneel?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Here's a stat to ponder...the moron was 3-19 while QB in the NFL. That never works in your favor regardless of your political view or race if you're a QB!!! 'Nuff said.

Only reason he started the whole dumba$$ed kneel down crap last year was to make himself "bigger" than he really was. The players who has been doing that this year are just doing it to piss off Trump. Nothing more.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:30 pm What fool would quit on an $11,000,000 contract just to kneel?
Even though he kneeled, the 49ers were forced to pay him $11M in 2017 but it was Kaepernick who decided on free agency and get out of sitting on the bench for $11M. He might have even played this year for the 49ers this year with the 49ers being 0-6 right now. I think he didn't like the fans booing him in the stadium when he threw interceptions and played terrible. Alex Smith was different because he got another contract with KC Chiefs to start rather than be second string to Kaepernick. Alex Smith wanted to play football and Kaepernick was defined by his ego. Now he's trying to sue the NFL owners. To me, he's just causing more division between finding a solution to the BLM movement.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 am Only reason he started the whole dumba$$ed kneel down crap last year was to make himself "bigger" than he really was.
My point exactly. He would have been a better champion if he was still with the 49ers sitting on the bench. Thanks Cowboy.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Watch Colin Kaepernick not show up for the owners meeting because he's so dumb. Muhammed Ali was not all that smart but he knew what to say about his cause when protesting his draft status. Kaepernick has scrambled thoughts about the BLM movement and how it relates to football.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... spartandhp

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

I couldn't disagree more. Please take a look at the facts. He is the quarterback who is single most averse to interceptions of all time. He has never had any legal problems on or off the field. Kaepernick should win a lawsuit against the NFL for black balling him.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I guess when I watched Kaepernick when he was with the 49ers, I didn't think he could throw the touch pass. He also was not mindful of staying in bounds when he needed to kill the clock in an NFC conference title game. When Michael Crabtree (not the best either) left the 49ers to go to the Raiders, he said he was going to a team with a quarterback (Derek Carr). Also, in a town where differences are most accepted, fans boo'ed him for his terrible play, not his stance on kneeling.

Just think of all the quarterbacks that could claim collusion, RG III (actually won the Heisman), Colt Brennan (Heisman nominee) did not play for Washington although had a great pre-game, and a few others.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/n ... rg3-032917
The only thing that Kaepernick did was run the ball better than any other quarterback other than RG III and Michael Vick. Russell Wilson for Seattle was going to beat Kaepernick every time.

I have to say that Kaepernick has done great community work since he has been out of football and has donated a large amount of his millions to charity. This will be his legacy, not his quarterback play. Kudos to him for making his statement and backing it up.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

It is not uncommon for Heisman winners and nominees to bomb in the NFL and Kaepernick was not a Heisman candidate. I, for one, was sure glad when he graduated from Nevada.

Dude led his team to the Super Bowl and an NFC championship a year later. A new coach at SF and a terrible defensive effort destroyed San Fran. Kaepernick was not the culprit there. His numbers are good. Check them. His rushing ability is and has been phenomenal. While he never had the greatest touch, his strength and accuracy cannot be questioned.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I see what you're saying Sunday Jam. Lots of people touted him (especially sports commentators) as better than Brady after going to the Super Bowl. People were saying that he was the franchise. I still didn't see it in him. I have watch Jimmy Garoppalo play the last few games for the 49ers and I'm more excited about Jimmy G than with Kaepernick. After the Superbowl, the other teams covered the receivers knowing that Kaepernick could not thread the needle, and watched for the Kaepernick run. Jimmy G is playing with a team with no offense, no defense and wins the last 5 games he starts. Richard Sherman of the Seahawks psyched out Colin Kaepernick so much, they never threw where Richard Sherman was and when they did, it was intercepted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3EdDR4kU20

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Maybe Kaepernick will get to prove himself.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... hp&ffid=gz

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

It would be a shame and a sham if the NFL were to force the Raiders to sign Kaepernick.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I hope that Kaepernick does get signed somewhere but he was never going to be a great quarterback. I never thought Alex Smith was going to be any good but he turned out to be a mediocre quarterback that has appeared in a few post season games. I just think Kaepernick was in the right place at the right time with Jim Harbaugh.