*** Official McKenzie Milton thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: McKenzie Milton verbally commits to UH!

Post by My3Cats »

:hello1:

Thank you for choosing the Warriors McKenzie!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

Think Rolo screwed up by not convincing lifelong UH fan McKenzie Milton to stay here when he committed to Chow as a junior. Upon Chow's firing, Milton did state he'll honor his UH commitment if the new ciach wil have him. Rolo should have told Milton-you'll be given every chance to start as a true freshman. Milton as a true freshman is still better than Ikaika as a senior. Ikaika is a lifelong about 50% passer with his yards per attempt at 4-5 yards which to be a successful QB, you need it at least 6-7 yards per attempt or better.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

My3Cats wrote::hello1:

Thank you for choosing the Warriors McKenzie!
I had forgotten about this. So much for that commitment. :tongue:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

quikfeat wrote:Think Rolo screwed up by not convincing lifelong UH fan McKenzie Milton to stay here when he committed to Chow as a junior. Upon Chow's firing, Milton did state he'll honor his UH commitment if the new ciach wil have him. Rolo should have told Milton-you'll be given every chance to start as a true freshman. Milton as a true freshman is still better than Ikaika as a senior. Ikaika is a lifelong about 50% passer with his yards per attempt at 4-5 yards which to be a successful QB, you need it at least 6-7 yards per attempt or better.

Yes, I've watched Milton's game against FIU, and he was impressive to say the least. 8/14 173 yards, 1 TD. 8 rush for 28 yards. Milton lead UCF to a 53-14 thrashing of FIU. Milton showed a lot of poise, and has that "it" factor. When the lights are on, Milton looks like the senior, and Woolsey the freshman.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I was happy when he committed and sad when he left. Coach Rolo has said that he has put a hold on recruiting quarterbacks. I don't know what he means. So he has said that Woolsey was our starter. That would mean that in his eyes he is the best quarterback that we have right now. But I have to wonder if our other quarterbacks are so bad that they have not been able to beat out Ikaika? Woolsey seems to be where he has been. It bugs me that we could have had Milton who does appear to be ready to play at this level. His coach at CF has a really good eye for quarterbacks. I also liked Milton's backup who came in the FIU game and also did a nice job. They both seemed to be game ready. Ours I just don't know. Our offense seems to be in slow mo. I don't know if that is how they are in practice but Woolsey been laid back and mechanical. I would like to see them up the tempo a lot.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

quikfeat wrote:Think Rolo screwed up by not convincing lifelong UH fan McKenzie Milton to stay here when he committed to Chow as a junior. Upon Chow's firing, Milton did state he'll honor his UH commitment if the new ciach wil have him. Rolo should have told Milton-you'll be given every chance to start as a true freshman. Milton as a true freshman is still better than Ikaika as a senior. Ikaika is a lifelong about 50% passer with his yards per attempt at 4-5 yards which to be a successful QB, you need it at least 6-7 yards per attempt or better.
The story I heard was that the UCF head coach ran the Nike clinic that Milton attended during the summer and they formed a bond there and the UCF coach just kept recruiting him hard even though he was already committed. I'm sure Milton would have had a chance to compete had he come here, especially since no one ended spring ball as the #1 and Rolo didn't name an opening day starter until a few days before the first game. Sometimes an early commitment isn't as great as it seems, as it probably feels special when you are a recruit and you are being pursued by teams that are working extra hard to get you to decommit and pick someone else. I guess we'll see an example of this if Tua Tagovailoa really does back out of his commitment to Alabama and choose USC or someone else before LOI day...

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: McKenzie Milton sign's with UCF

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Good luck to MM. I think he would not make it through a year with UH's challenges @ OL and his slight build would be a concern.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

MM would have been dynamic for the Warriors. Best of luck to the young man with Central Florida.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Well heard on the news he was named as a freshman all american.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Milton - Did we miss on this one?

Post by shrek2 »

Its interesting that Milton is doing so well at UCF and they just beat a team from the Big 5 conference in Maryland.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/09/2 ... 6e2f7b04a0

My question is did we not go after him as hard as UCF or did he feel like going away to college? From what I read about him in high school he used to practice after practice on his passing. I guess this week is a telltale week with UCF going against Memphis who beat UCLA and UCLA buried UH.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Milton - Did we miss on this one?

Post by My3Cats »

Hawaii had the coaching change after Milton verbally committed and from what I remember reading, the remaining coaching staff dropped the ball on following up on the recruits. When Rolo came on board my guess is that Frost was already talking to Milton, thus the change of commitment. Rolo then had to go out and search for quarterbacks, leading to the signing of the two Coles and Dru. Milton would have made a great fit in Rolo/Smith/Stutzman's offense IMHO.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I thought he was too small. Looks like I was wrong on that one.
ImageImage

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:15 am Hawaii had the coaching change after Milton verbally committed and from what I remember reading, the remaining coaching staff dropped the ball on following up on the recruits. When Rolo came on board my guess is that Frost was already talking to Milton, thus the change of commitment. Rolo then had to go out and search for quarterbacks, leading to the signing of the two Coles and Dru. Milton would have made a great fit in Rolo/Smith/Stutzman's offense IMHO.
Nah, I'm pretty sure Rolo made in-house visits and that's when Milton and Timoteo re-affirmed their commitments. But I'm sure there was some talk about how Rolo was gonna go and fill out the roster with as many QBs as possible, but more importantly, Frost went to UCF and offered him since Oregon wouldn't. In the end, I think it worked out fine. He's a gamer for sure, but idk if he would do well in our offense. The UCF offense is similar to what they did at Mililani so that helped him a ton. But it doesn't help that rumblings continue of Frost possibly being hired away to Nebraska

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Now that you mention it, I do recall that Rolo made his pitch and Milton re-affirmed.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UH and Rolo did not miss, in that Milton was recruited and committeted. Milton just saw a different opportunity and took it. Glad he’s doing well at UCF, but I’m not gonna harp on the past and what ifs. Rolo and UH have the QBs on the roster now and will support them.