Maui's Warriors of the Ring! MMA recap

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Maui's Warriors of the Ring! MMA recap

Post by Maui_Warrior »

http://valleyislesports.tripod.com/id11.html

1st match

Seth Kaleo (Da Barn-Hilo) defeated Jerald Akahi (Unattached-Maui)

Kaleo dominated the match from get go reaching a decision.

2nd match

Brad Ashford (Maui Full Contact Fighting) defeated Eric Marino (Bulls Penn-Oahu)

There was a lot of excitment when people saw Mark Moreno (Icon Sport Super Brawl fighter) come out to be in Marino corner. This fight started off with fighters going back and forth. Both trading reversals and chokes. In the final 3rd round they both locked up and Ashford slammed Marino to the ground where he tap out as soon he hit the ground. Marino injured his neck in the process of coming down. It was a little scary but he came out okay.

3rd match

John Quilan (Maui Full Contact Fighting) defeated Josh Kamalo (Unattached-Maui)

This match was a brawl. They both traded punches and kicks. Soon Quinlan took Kamalo down work a reverse arm lock to tap Kamalo in the first round.

4th match

Kealii Koki (Maui Full Contact Fighting) defeated Austin Hernandez (Bulls Pen-Oahu)

Being in small stature no one thought Koki would pull it off. I to was amazed on how strong he was. Standing at 5' 4" inches he showed great wrestling skills, and ground skills bringing his opponent down. Koki dominated the match and got the decision.

5th match

Ronald Moniz (Maui Full Contact Fighting) vs Bronson Delima (Bulls Penn-Oahu) MATCH WAS A DRAW due to fighter can not continue.

This match awesome! Delima and Moniz show great skills. In the first round Delima had mounted Moniz and gave him some hammer shots to the head. Moniz got out of the mount and lasted the first round with a cut in the eye. In the second round both fighters got eachother good with Moniz putting a rear naked choke. Delima got out and mounted Moniz again but Moniz kicked out. Delima almost had in a rear naked choke. He had Moniz on his knees and started hit him in the head. Moniz did a flip got up on his feet and went for a take down. Right there bad luck hit Delima. As the momentum of the fighters went. Delima was on the bottom. Both went down through the ropes and Delima landed on the audio equipment, hurting his ribs and ending this fight as a draw.

6th match

Eddie Ferreira (Maui Full Contact Fighting) defeated Devin Tells (Da Barn-Hilo)

Devin Tells had a tuff time with Ferreira. Ferreira showed his kick boxing skills. As soon as Ferreira took Tells down he started side shot knees to the ribs. He hit Tell with about four knees that got the crowd in a frenzy. With fifteen seconds left Ferreira mounted and tried a side choke but time ran out. In the second round Ferreira did the same but on the opposite side ribs. He then mounted Tells and did the side choke with time to spare. Tells tap out in the second round with a side choke.
Last edited by Maui_Warrior on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

Great update!

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Maui's Warriors of the Ring! MMA recap

Post by PCBoy »

Maui_Warrior wrote:He got a shot to the ribs by audio equipment, ending this fight as a draw.
HAHA! :lol: What kind of noobs do they have working there

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

PCBoy wrote:
Maui_Warrior wrote:He got a shot to the ribs by audio equipment, ending this fight as a draw.
HAHA! :lol: What kind of noobs do they have working there
Sorry I didin't know how to put it into words.... But the two fell out of the ring and landed on the audio equipment.... Not to mention it was late when I was writing this without proof reading it.....

Oh PC boy I change it just for you..... I'll try to take pictures of the event when my camera comes in.....

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Maui_Warrior wrote:Sorry I didin't know how to put it into words.... But the two fell out of the ring and landed on the audio equipment.... Not to mention it was late when I was writing this without proof reading it.....

Oh PC boy I change it just for you..... I'll try to take pictures of the event when my camera comes in.....
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I tought they had audio equipment above the ring or something and it fell.