IconSport, Mayhem Agree to Six-Digit Multi-Fight Contract

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

PCBoy wrote:I could have went to all of the football games in my lifetime if my grandma didn't stop my mom until I was 3 (and this seasons NMSU game because WWE was intown).
Wow your parents are die hard UH Football fanatics....
Whether you remember or not, you were part of some of the greatest games from the late 80's... Oh and also part of the dark years under VonAppen :cry:

Oh and I thought the PC in PCBoy was for Personal Computer rather than Pearl City... But I knew your weren't a PC Geek :D

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

warriorfan808 wrote:As competition for top fighters gets better, pay days will improve.

I believe that if the UFC came to Hawaii and had some nice match ups, they could easily be looking at 40,000
Pay for fighters was low pre-TUF because the UFC was losing money at almost every event. Now that they are gaining a broader audience, fighter's pay have gone up and they got bonuses at the last event.

I doubt they could draw that much. They can't even draw 20,000 in Vegas when half of them are comps. K-1 only drew 12,000 here in July. If UFC were to come here and put on a stacked card, tickets would probably be $100+ like they are for UFC 57 in February. I don't think many local people would pay that much besides me.

BigWave96744 wrote:Whether you remember or not, you were part of some of the greatest games from the late 80's... Oh and also part of the dark years under VonAppen
The only thing I really remember from my early years are when Gabriel jumped over at the goaline vs BYU and when we missed that FG at Wyoming. From about 92 I can remember everything else. Such as Travis Sims and Michael Carter running wild and Eddie Klaneski doing everything he could to save a sinking ship.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I'm wondering if they could actually draw a lot of Japanese fans to the fight. If they have a top UFC fighter taking on a Pride fighter, I think Japanese fans would make the trip. Also, tickets wouldn't only sell for 100. The higher up the seats, the cheaper. The field seats would probably be 100 a pop though.

Ldub20
All-American
All-American

Post by Ldub20 »

That's what I wanna see, PRIDE vs. UFC!
"Everyday I'm Hustlin'... Everyday I'm Hustlin'.... Everyday I'm Hustlin'... Whip It! Whip It, Real Hard!!"

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

warriorfan808 wrote:I'm wondering if they could actually draw a lot of Japanese fans to the fight. If they have a top UFC fighter taking on a Pride fighter, I think Japanese fans would make the trip. Also, tickets wouldn't only sell for 100. The higher up the seats, the cheaper. The field seats would probably be 100 a pop though.
I doubt we're going to see another UFC vs Pride. Especially the top names. You would need the likes of Sakuraba, Silva, or Kid Yamamoto for the Japanese fans to come here. The K-1 crowd was only about 1/10 Japanese with half the card Japanese fighters. And K-1 is more popular than Pride in Japan.

UFC 57 has a price range of $100-$700. K-1 here had a range of $35-$300. A lot of the $300, $200, and $75 ones were comps. So I'm guessing if they had such an event here, field seats would be in the $500+ range