Fresno St. vs. USC

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by sponger48 »

I was rethinking last post until INT. Fresno was driving and had a chance to take it to OT. Nothing to hang their heads about, they gave USC all they could handle.

Bummers :roll:
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Final score

USC 50
FS 42

What a game with major implications on the national championship.

Bush with 513 all purpose yards (new Pac 10 record) including 294 rushing yards.
Last edited by uhwarriors on Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

What a stupid call and/or decision by Pinegar on that last one. They gave us the game the same way when we beat them a few years back AT bulldog stadium when Millhouse picked him off. 1st and 10 just outside the redzone with 1:37 left and SC has been giving you the short stuff the whole drive, and you loft one into double coverage? Great game by them up to that play

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

Exactly what I was thinking.

sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by sponger48 »

He had 4 INT's, most in the second half. All on the short stuff, but FSU is not a deep passing team. Oh well, one stat is that in SC's winning streak, fresno hung the most points on them.

Just such a bummer that had they eliminated all their penalties and a very 'few' poor choices, they could have won this game. I would like to see FSU move UP in the polls, and SC move down 1 notch. They have a RB(USC) who is an awesome player, so leave them where they are at just for him. He is someone special, speed and some moves.
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!

H20

Post by H20 »

sponger48 wrote:He had 4 INT's, most in the second half. All on the short stuff, but FSU is not a deep passing team.
Yeah thats why I mentioned that SC was giving up the short stuff on that particular drive, they were playing more back than earlier cause they were scared of getting beat deep since they knew Fresno needed to get down the field fast. I just think they were still too far to start taking endzone shots, they had lots of time to get closer before taking a chance.

SC should now be scared of UCLA an Texas, if thats who they're going to play.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

H20 wrote:What a stupid call and/or decision by Pinegar on that last one. They gave us the game the same way when we beat them a few years back AT bulldog stadium when Millhouse picked him off. 1st and 10 just outside the redzone with 1:37 left and SC has been giving you the short stuff the whole drive, and you loft one into double coverage? Great game by them up to that play
I don't know what Pinegar saw in that route? He was really covered up by USC's DB's.

Great game FSU, boy are we going to have our hands full against them next year.

They represented the WAC very well. Looks like they'll be the team to beat next year.

Way to go Fresno, hope they win out!
ImageImageImage

H20

Post by H20 »

If anything he may have been trying to throw it to the back corner but underthrew it. His receiver had the inside track to the corner even though he was doubled. Still I dont see why you take that chance with so much time and a first down anyway. Once again his overrated arm gets him in trouble.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Congrats to Pat Hill and the Dawgs for giving one hell of a fight...
Damn, and to think, we should have won the Fresno Game :evil:
Bush will win the Heisman and be the #1 draft pick...
Leinhart will lose out on Millions by returning for his senior year... Ahhhh, the SC alums will probably cover the difference..