24 Hours of Le Mans

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

24 Hours of Le Mans

Post by Kailuaboy »

Le Mans, Le Go: Ford to Display GT Race Car Made from 40,000 Lego Bricks

By Steve Siler
June 15, 2016

What has four wheels and also flies—or gets flown or otherwise transported—to the Circuit de la Sarthe,
location of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, to celebrate the return of the Ford GT to the legendary race? One
spectacular 1/3-scale model of the GT race car rendered completely from Lego bricks.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 24 Hours of Le Mans

Post by Kailuaboy »

Last-Lap Toyota Failure Nets Porsche 18th Le Mans Win

By Fred Smith
June 19, 2016

This was Toyota's race to win.

They ran a perfect race. Their two TS050s came to Le Mans with pace that surprised their competitors, their fuel mileage got them into
the lead as the sun rose, and an incredible drive by all three of the pilots of the #5 gave them a 30 second lead that they maintained for
the race's final four hours. Porsche put everything into their #2 919 Hybrid, and when they had to stop for fuel an extra time with ten
minutes to go, they knew the race was over even if things went slightly wrong for the Toyota. What they didn't know is that things would
go more than slightly wrong for Toyota.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Audi and Porsche drivers devastated for Toyota after Le Mans loss

By Glenn Freeman
June 19, 2016

Audi driver Oliver Jarvis says he would give up his team's inherited podium finish for Toyota to be able to get the Le Mans 24 Hours
victory it lost.

Toyota was minutes away from taking its long-awaited first win in the famous race when Kazuki Nakajima suffered a loss of power in
closing stages, allowing the #2 Porsche of Neel Jani to sweep by and claim an unexpected victory.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Indy car drivers play pivotal, winning roles at dramatic 24 Hours of Le Mans

By INDYCAR
June 19, 2016

A dramatic finish to the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance sports car race this morning had a decidedly Indy car flair.

The No. 2 Porsche 919 Hybrid claimed the overall and LMP1 class win in the iconic French race with former Indy car driver Neel Jani at the
wheel to take the checkered flag. That happened, though, only after the No. 5 Toyota Hyrbrid lost power just more than five minutes before
the finish, with what at the time was a lead of more than a minute.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dixon takes joy in Chip Ganassi Racing's triumph at Le Mans

By Mark Robinson
June 20, 2016

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – He may have been bleary-eyed but Scott Dixon was nonetheless happy today as he discussed his debut performance
at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, prior to a Verizon IndyCar Series tire test at Watkins Glen International.

Dixon and several members of the Chip Ganassi Racing Teams contingent jetted across the Atlantic Ocean soon after the French endurance
sports car race ended to reach upstate New York in time for the Firestone tire test preceding the Verizon IndyCar Series’ return to the iconic
road course for the INDYCAR Grand Prix at The Glen on Labor Day weekend.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Toyota's Sebastien Buemi 'couldn't accept' Le Mans heartbreak

By Scott Mitchell
June 27, 2016

Sebastien Buemi has admitted he "couldn't accept" the nature of Toyota's last-gasp Le Mans 24 Hours defeat in the aftermath of this year's race.

Buemi and fellow 2014 World Endurance champion Anthony Davidson were watching in the Toyota garage as team-mate Kazuki Nakajima looked
set to deliver the Japanese manufacturer its first victory in the French enduro.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

How It Felt to Drive a Ford GT in the 24 Hours of Le Mans

​Harry Tincknell drove the number 67 Ford GT at Le Mans. Here's the race from his perspective.

By Harry Tincknell
July 6, 2016

So another Le Mans 24 hours is in the books and what a result for Ford to win on our comeback to this great race. The guys in the 68 did
a fantastic job all week and the crew was absolutely flawless to run almost the perfect race and pull off the win. And it was a fantastic
performance from the whole team to have the strength in depth to get all cars home with the 69 in 3rd, 66 4th and "my" 67 9th. It was
safe to say the party on the Sunday night went well into the "wee hours" as my teammate Marino Franchitti would say.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

I Was There When Le Mans Slipped Away from Toyota

Heartbreak.

By Jamey Price
September 11, 2016

I WRITE THIS STILL IN A STATE OF SHOCK. I can't bring myself to believe Le Mans ended the way it did.

Let me back up. I had the honor of working alongside Toyota Gazoo Racing's team photographer James Moy at this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans.
I am well acquainted with the team, having stood in for James last year at the 6 Hours of Shanghai. I can tell you without hesitation—and with
no disrespect to teams I have worked with previously—that the moment you walk into the Toyota garage, you are family. It is rare that
photographers are given such exclusive access. James and I spent Le Mans week eating, drinking, talking, laughing, and as it turns out, crying
with them. We were privy to race and pit strategy that Porsche and Audi would have paid good money to know. We felt part of the effort, part
of the race, part of the team.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Link

Published on Jun 18, 2017
Joy for Porsche, heartbreak yet again for Toyota, history made in the LMP2 division and a GTE
battle that goes right to the final lap. Enjoy our highlights from the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours.
For more visit http://www.autosport.com/

Link

Published on Jun 18, 2017
LE MANS: The No. 2 Porsche piloted by Timo Bernhard takes home the checkered flag at the
24 Hours of Le Mans.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Watch the Strange Pit Lane Incident That Caused Toyota's Failure at Le Mans

An honest mistake and a series of false starts led race leader Kamui Kobayashi to burn out his clutch,
forcing the front-runner Toyota to retire after 10 hours.

By Chris Perkins
June 20, 2017

For the first nine hours of the race, the #7 Toyota TS050 looked like the favorite to win this year's
24 Hours of Le Mans. Then, a clutch failure forced pole-sitter Kamui Kobayashi to retire the #7 just
shy of the 10 hour mark after breaking down on the course and failing to limp the car back to the pits.
Now, it seems that clutch failure was the result of a truly strange incident on pit lane.

As Sportscar365 reports, Kobayashi was parked at the end of pit lane during a safety car period around
the 9.5 hour mark of the race, waiting to head back on track. When the safety car is out at Le Mans,
drivers are allowed to enter pit lane, but they can't re-enter the circuit until the safety car comes off
the track. While Kobayashi was waiting, LMP2 driver Vincent Capillaire walked across pit lane and gave
the Toyota driver a thumbs-up.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage