BREAKING NEWS FROM THE ADVERTISER!

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE ADVERTISER!

Post by H20 »

Posted at 10:53 a.m., Friday, November 18, 2005

Ohio State-Michigan game on ESPN

Advertiser Staff
The college football game between Ohio State and Michigan will be broadcast at 8 a.m. tomorrow in Hawai'i on ESPN, network officials said today.

ESPN said it would cut away from the Virginia-Virginia Tech game, which starts at 7 a.m. Hawai'i time.
:-? Uh, ok.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

That's a pretty big rivalry. How pathetic is it that only the day before it actually gets a TV spot. Did they just suddenly remember that OSU and Michigan are going at it.

H20

Post by H20 »

It is a big rivalry but is it breaking news worthy? I don't know, I'm just going by the fact that I get up and turn on the tv to see who's playing. A change in schedule for a game played by 2 mainland teams doesn't seem like too urgent news to me. I'm glad its on for the people who want to watch it but I dont remember anyone being in an uproar that it wasn't going to be shown :lol:

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Yeah I get your point and I agree. It is weird...Never thought it would be a "breaking-news" worth.

H20

Post by H20 »

If I get up that early, I'll check it out though.

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

So its on ABC only on the east? My little bookie thing from Vegas says ABC.. idk :x

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I wonder if KGMB had this on their "Severe Weather Report" or KHNL had it on their "Updated Pump Patrol".... :roll:

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

Heck, it's rivalry weekend, guys enjoy the games. Ohio St.--Michigan, Apple Cup, Civil War, Big Game, Iron Bowl.
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

H20

Post by H20 »

All I know is its a bye week :wink: Best game so far has been the TT OU game. TT just won it on the last play of the game, a draw from the 2 yard line.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

H20 wrote:All I know is its a bye week :wink: Best game so far has been the TT OU game. TT just won it on the last play of the game, a draw from the 2 yard line.
I saw that play. Gutsy call by Mike Leach, Texas Tech's HC and native of Cody, Wyoming. :wink:

H20

Post by H20 »

Yes but he coached under June Jones for a while. Thats why the offense looks so familiar :D

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

H20 wrote:Yes but he coached under June Jones for a while. Thats why the offense looks so familiar :D
Somehow I KNEW someone was going to throw that in. lol :lol:

They (Leach and Jones) coached together? Never knew that.

H20

Post by H20 »

I think so, actually I could be wrong but I could have sworn Leachs name was mentioned as someone who coached under Jones in Houston somewhere.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

H20 wrote:I think so, actually I could be wrong but I could have sworn Leachs name was mentioned as someone who coached under Jones in Houston somewhere.
I'll do some research and come back with an answer to that.

Edit: I checked Leach's bio on the Texas Tech site. He never coached anywhere near Houston. You might have misheard. Common mistake, my friend.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mike Leach has been coaching football since 1987. He is in his third season as head coach at Texas Tech University.

In the 2001 season, the Raiders ranked fifth in the nation in passing offense. They also ranked first in completions and attempts. Since Leach has been with Texas Tech, the Raiders improved their total offense numbers from 342.8 yards per game to 418.5 yards per game. The Raiders also improved from 23 points per game in 1999 to 35.1 points in 2001. The Raiders have increased its passing from an average of 175.4 yards per game in 1999 to an average of 337.3 yards per game in 2001.

Texas Tech's 2002 recruiting class was the highest ranked class in Texas Tech history with a ranking of 21. In 2000, Leach recruited the Oklahoma High School Player of the Year and in 2002, he recruited the Louisiana Class 5A Player of the Year.

Texas Tech also has seen a change for the better with their defensive line. The Raiders tied for the national lead with three shutouts in 2000 and had one shutout in 2001.

The Raiders kickoff, punting and return teams also have seen changes for the better under Leach.

Leach has led the Raiders to 14 wins during his first two seasons. He also became the first coach in Texas Tech history to take his first two teams to bowl games. Tech played in the Alamo Bowl, the league's No. 4 bowl, in 2001. They competed in the No. 7 galleryfurinture.com Bowl the season before that.

Leach has seen many of his players, including Tim Couch and Josh Heupel, go to the NFL. Two players have been drafted and three have signed free agent contracts.

Leach began his coaching career at Cal-Poly San Luis Obispo in 1987 where he served as the offensive line coach for one season. Leach then became the linebackers' coach at the College of the Desert in Palm Desert, Ca.

In 1989, Leach began a 10-year working relationship with Hal Mumme and together they coached at Iowa Wesleyan College. For the next three years Leach was the offensive coordinator and line coach of an offense that was number one in NAIA passing yardage one season and number two the next two seasons. While Leach was with Iowa Wesleyan, the team broke 26 national records.

In 1989, Leach was also the head coach of the European Football League in Pori, Finland. From 1992-96 Leach coached at Division II Valdosta State in Georgia. Leach's 1993 team set 66 school records on offense and the 1994 team broke 80 school records and seven national records.

Leach coached at Kentucky from 1997-98. His Kentucky team set six offense NCAA records, 41 Southeastern Conference records and 116 school records in 22 games. The team's offense ranked third in the nation with 534 yards per game.

In 1998, Leach coached at Oklahoma University. Leach helped lead the offense from 101st in the nation in 1998 to 11th in 1999 averaging 427.7 yards per game. OU went to their first postseason bowl since 1994 and finished 7-4 in the regular season. OU set six Big 12 Conference records and 17 school records.

Leach was named 1996 Division II Offensive Coordinator of the Year by American Football Quarterly magazine.

Leach was born in Susanville, Ca. He graduated with a honors bachelor's degree from Brigham Young in 1983. He earned his master's degree from the United States Sports Academy and a law degree in 1986 from Pepperdine University, where he graduated in the top one-third of his class.
http://www.redraiders.com/coach/footbal ... oach.shtml[/quote]

(quotes in red are for Wyokie to comment :wink: )