*** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread ****

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: *** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread ****

Post by shrek2 »

Tua was the front runner for the Heisman before Championship Saturday but I think his stock went down after the Georgia game. He was in the pocket and had the time but his timing was off on his throws. Wonder how much the committee will consider his last performance?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Injury was his fault. He tried to do too much and took an unnecessary sack. That has always been my knock on him since high school. Hope he gets healed up for the playoffs. But I think he lost the Heisman. The race was close before, but with Kyler Murray’s great Big 12 title game heroics and Tua’s horrible day, the Heisman is Murray’s.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Tua's first sack, the first interception and early dropped passes pretty much set the tone for his game. More than one announcer this year has commented on Tua trying to do too much but it's worked out most of the time this season. On Saturday, not so much. Also, Tua's gotten hit way too many times the last few games and has spent a lot of time in the medical tent.

As for the Heisman Trophy, I think Tua should still win the award, but it might depend on how many voters waited til the SEC Championship game to fill out their ballot.
ImageImageImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Brovada has Kyler Murray as the favorite to win the Heisman. Tua second.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Tua was a great interview on the Geico halftime show during the Army/Navy game. What a great ambassador for Hawaii and the Samoan community. Congrats Tua.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I wish I could encounter Dave Hallums and Gary Danielson and taste their tears. Um, yummy!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:35 am I wish I could encounter Dave Hallums and Gary Danielson and taste their tears. Um, yummy!
Why, what they say?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:14 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:35 am I wish I could encounter Dave Hallums and Gary Danielson and taste their tears. Um, yummy!
Why, what they say?
Nothing public about the way the Heisman thing went, but they've been propping him like crazy.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

It really looked like they needed Jalen Hurts to spell Tua in the Georgia game because he was a run threat which made the safeties and db's freeze and then the receivers were open. I don't know if Tua could have gotten out of the pocket with his ankle injury but that's what they needed is a roll out qb. Tua always looked downfield too (maybe Heisman hype) instead of going with the back getting open in the flat.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Why Tua Tagovailoa may need to 'admit defeat' for Alabama to win it all

by Pat Forde
Yahoo Sports
August 21, 2019

Tua Tagovailoa (13) of the Alabama Crimson Tide attempts a pass against the Clemson Tigers in the CFP title game on Jan. 7.
(Getty)

They are the throws that have made Tua a riveting, must-watch talent. From the stunning bomb to beat Georgia and win the
national championship his freshman year to his 43 touchdown passes on just 355 attempts as a sophomore, the Hawaii native
has thrived playing gunslinger football. He is the current FBS record-holder for highest career TD percentage, with 12.5 percent
of his passes resulting in six points, and his 11.2 yards per attempt in 2018 were exceeded by only the man who beat him out
for the Heisman Trophy, Kyler Murray.

And now, somewhat antithetically, it may be time for him to try something a little different.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Sure looks like Trevor Lawrence of Clemson is the front runner in the Heisman selection even though he was not invited last year. Unless Tua can improve on his quickness in getting the throws of and moving the ball with runs, he may be again second in the running. First time in a while too, that Alabama not rated #1.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 074677001/

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:30 am Sure looks like Trevor Lawrence of Clemson is the front runner in the Heisman selection even though he was not invited last year. Unless Tua can improve on his quickness in getting the throws of and moving the ball with runs, he may be again second in the running. First time in a while too, that Alabama not rated #1.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 074677001/
I'm glad Tua is not the front runner cause there’s usually more of a spotlight and higher expectations on the front runner and if those expectations aren’t met then they’re criticized for it.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Tua in his game against Ole Miss looks like he's NFL ready. He stepped through his tacklers and did not take off but patiently waited to throw the ball. He's much improved since last year. I'd say he's gotta be the Heisman frontrunner even though Jalen Hurt had a great game for Oklahoma.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I could've guessed this one based on his performance against Ole Miss.
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-p ... 31849780_2