*** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread ****

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: *** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread ****

Post by shrek2 »

Miami has been looking at Tua since last year as their franchise QB. I wonder if this will cause for Tua to drop a lot if Miami goes for Burrow.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mi ... d=primentp

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Tua Tagovailoa’s doctor ‘extremely pleased’ with hip injury recovery.
Could it still affect his NFL draft fate?

Eric Edholm
Yahoo Sports
Mar 30, 2020, 10:39 AM

Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa has shown remarkable progress in rehab, his doctor said. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

uffering a freaky football injury can be prohibitive enough for a star as they prepare for a professional career, but the timing of
Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s rehab hit the most unexpected roadblock with the global coronavirus pandemic.

The pandemic has completely changed the way people are living, and the effect has dramatically altered the NFL offseason,
particularly the 2020 NFL draft cycle. The pro day that Tagovailoa had tentatively slated for April 9 was canceled, along with all
workouts for prospects across the country.

Tagovailoa’s situation is unique. He suffered a dislocated hip and posterior hip wall fracture against Mississippi State on Nov. 16,
an injury that Dr. Chip Routt repaired two days later in Houston. Tagovailoa returned to Alabama for rehab at the Andrews Sports
Medicine & Orthopaedic Center for three months before teams doctors from all 32 franchises scrutinized the possible top-10 pick
at the NFL scouting combine.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Some teams have dropped Tua from #2 QB to #3 and #4.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... spartandhp

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:56 am Some teams have dropped Tua from #2 QB to #3 and #4.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... spartandhp
I can see that happening since they can't really check on his hips. That's a big investment to have a big question mark.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Mock draft has Herbert going to Miami as pick #5.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/th ... ue#image=6
Chargers taking Tua as #6.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/th ... ue#image=7
I'd rather see him on a west coast team so I'll probably be able to watch him more.

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:20 pm Mock draft has Herbert going to Miami as pick #5.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/th ... ue#image=6
Chargers taking Tua as #6.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/th ... ue#image=7
I'd rather see him on a west coast team so I'll probably be able to watch him more.
I would rather see him with the Chargers. I think they have a better team overall. The Dophins overspent in free agency this year. I don't think they got good value for what they spent and will hurt them for years to come.
ImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Tua Tagovailoa is Just as 'Injury-Prone' as Any NFL Quarterback

If you've been reading articles on Tua for the past couple of months, the range of articles for a potential first round pick has been amazing. It's anywhere from Tua's fine to he's not worth drafting since he's injury prone. Okay .....the last time I checked football was a contact sport so at some point a football player is going to injure some part of their body during their playing career.

Anyways, I generally ignore Colin Cowherd since most of what comes out of his mouth isn't worth listening to but in the above link he actually makes some intelligent comments.
ImageImageImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

Kailuaboy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:31 pm Tua Tagovailoa is Just as 'Injury-Prone' as Any NFL Quarterback

If you've been reading articles on Tua for the past couple of months, the range of articles for a potential first round pick has been amazing. It's anywhere from Tua's fine to he's not worth drafting since he's injury prone. Okay .....the last time I checked football was a contact sport so at some point a football player is going to injure some part of their body during their playing career.

Anyways, I generally ignore Colin Cowherd since most of what comes out of his mouth isn't worth listening to but in the above link he actually makes some intelligent comments.
He's comparing a college QB with NFL QBs. Tua had probably the best offensive lines in college football and he probably won't get that in the NFL. Lot of the guys Colin mentioned never got hurt in college but got hurt quite often in the pros where the opponents are bigger, faster, stronger and Tua won't be on a team that is stacked with more talent than his opponents. Regardless of how often he's gotten hurt, I think he's still a high first rounder. It's just a matter of how much risk an owner or GM wants to take on him and his hip since they can't do an exam on it to see his current condition.
ImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Irse wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:54 am He's comparing a college QB with NFL QBs. Tua had probably the best offensive lines in college football and he probably won't get that in the NFL. Lot of the guys Colin mentioned never got hurt in college but got hurt quite often in the pros where the opponents are bigger, faster, stronger and Tua won't be on a team that is stacked with more talent than his opponents. Regardless of how often he's gotten hurt, I think he's still a high first rounder. It's just a matter of how much risk an owner or GM wants to take on him and his hip since they can't do an exam on it to see his current condition.
Well, yes, Colin is comparing Tua to NFL QBs, but my point was that since football is a contact sport, they're likely to get injured at some point. Also, regarding injuries, I'm pretty sure I read an article earlier this year (or last year) on college football players being regarded as injury prone but was relatively healthy while playing in the NFL. At any rate, I just hope whichever team drafts Tua has a good O-line. I would hate to see him getting injured due to poor protection.
ImageImageImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Tua Drafted #5 by Miami!

Post by shrek2 »

Yee hah! Tua chosen 5th by Miami! Way to go!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/br ... spartanntp

Irse

Re: Tua Drafted #5 by Miami!

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:29 pm Yee hah! Tua chosen 5th by Miami! Way to go!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/br ... spartanntp
Yeah, good luck to him.
ImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

At least he can pass better than another former Dolphin wearing the #1 jersey. :D

Link
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:57 am At least he can pass better than another former Dolphin wearing the #1 jersey. :D

Link
Yepremian never played for any college. It showed that infamous moment. LOL

BTW, he died in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garo_Yepremian

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

When can and should Dolphins’ Tua Tagovailoa take over at QB? | Countdown to camp

By Safid Deen
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL
July 18, 2020

© Cindy Ord/Getty Images North America/TNS
Former University of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa attends day 2 of SiriusXM at Super Bowl LIV on Jan. 30, 2020 in Miami, Fla. Tagovailoa
has been acquired by the Miami Dolphins.

With the 2020 NFL season fast approaching, the South Florida Sun Sentinel takes a look at 10 storylines to watch for in a 10-part series
ahead of the Miami Dolphins’ first day of training camp, which is set for Tuesday, July 28 amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

It may not be Week 1.

Or Weeks 2 or 3.

There is also the possibility it may not even happen during the first month of the season.

That is, of course, if there is a season to be played.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage