*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Post by WA Warrior »

Coach Colt Brennan at my alma mater, Moanalua HS?

Go Menehunes!!!

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/featured ... -official/

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Post by WA Warrior »

25 Best Small School College Football Players of All Time

Recognition for a Warrior!!!

http://saturdayblitz.com/2016/03/21/bes ... rs-ever/6/

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Colt Brennan arrested again for dui!

Post by couz808 »

This is sad!!! Times have changed for him in a decade. Is he still assistant coach for Moanalua?

http://tinyurl.com/vyd5s7y

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Colt Brennan arrested again for dui!

Post by shrek2 »

Chase Daniel, who was in the running for the 2007 Heisman with Colt is still in the NFL. 6', not fast as I recall. He graduated a year after Colt and never made a Heisman run in 2008 but still stuck with football and is now an 11 year vet at Chicago. Too bad Colt didn't stay on the mainland during the 2010 season.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:51 pm Chase Daniel, who was in the running for the 2007 Heisman with Colt is still in the NFL. 6', not fast as I recall. He graduated a year after Colt and never made a Heisman run in 2008 but still stuck with football and is now an 11 year vet at Chicago. Too bad Colt didn't stay on the mainland during the 2010 season.
Colt was playing for the AFL before having the car accident which pretty much ended his career

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

With his bail set at only $100 there has to be more to this story, when normally bail for a DUI starts at $500. If I had to guess would he be riding a bike, which a person can also be cited for DUi.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

couz808 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 pm
shrek2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:51 pm Chase Daniel, who was in the running for the 2007 Heisman with Colt is still in the NFL. 6', not fast as I recall. He graduated a year after Colt and never made a Heisman run in 2008 but still stuck with football and is now an 11 year vet at Chicago. Too bad Colt didn't stay on the mainland during the 2010 season.
Colt was playing for the AFL before having the car accident which pretty much ended his career
Did you mean AFC? Looks like he was cut by the Raiders in Sept. of 2010, then got hurt in Nov. 2010 in Kona. He probably would have been better off going back to Laguna Beach since the job opportunities are better in LA. Maybe even working with Chow of the new XFL or re-establishing contacts with June Jones.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Brennan

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:15 pm This is sad!!! Times have changed for him in a decade. Is he still assistant coach for Moanalua?

http://tinyurl.com/vyd5s7y
As of last year and maybe this past season, he was coaching at Kealakehe or Konawaena. One of those two. I forget. Plus he was coaching a pop warner team in Kona.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

A shame since that car accident really changed his life more than just football. He got TBI, traumatic brain injury, from it. That affects many things depending which part of the brain is affected. His mood, behavior and judgement has been affected and if you’ve seen him lately it’s affecting him physically. I believe he smokes to try and cope. His loved ones need to try and help him more.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Rock star, GOAT, and almost god like in Hawaii. I agree with you all that the car accident did something to mess his brain up. Even if he did not have a successful pro football career, the opportunity were limitless (in Hawaii).

Timmy Chang went through "his things" after football, but straighten up when he got into coaching - on the mainland. Today, we are proud of Chang's accomplishments - even if he is playing for the other side.

Maybe Colt need to leave Hawaii to get his life back straight.

Celebrities also attract bad people and bad influences. Colt should go where no one recognizes him and offers him no special treatments.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Hope he gets the help he needs.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Colt will always be a legend with Warrior fans. Ditto that I hope he gets the help he needs. The pain that he has must be unimaginable to need to self medicate.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:16 pm
Did you mean AFC? Looks like he was cut by the Raiders in Sept. of 2010, then got hurt in Nov. 2010 in Kona. He probably would have been better off going back to Laguna Beach since the job opportunities are better in LA. Maybe even working with Chow of the new XFL or re-establishing contacts with June Jones.
I thought he was playing arena football for the LA kiss

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:41 pm

After the Redskins released him late in training camp in 2010, the Raiders picked him up, but it was too late in training camp for him to really make any impression enough for the team to keep him. I think if he was there for OTAs and training camp he would’ve made that team. I remember he was invited to a Texans tryout when the accident happened. After he “recovered”, he signed with the Hartford Colonials with Jerry Glanville, but the team folded before the UFL season began. Then he signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL, but was beat out. During this whole time I’m not sure if any team noticed the TBI in his physicals. Only when the LA Kiss signed him did the doctors discover it.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

couz808 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:41 pm

After the Redskins released him late in training camp in 2010, the Raiders picked him up, but it was too late in training camp for him to really make any impression enough for the team to keep him. I think if he was there for OTAs and training camp he would’ve made that team. I remember he was invited to a Texans tryout when the accident happened. After he “recovered”, he signed with the Hartford Colonials with Jerry Glanville, but the team folded before the UFL season began. Then he signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL, but was beat out. During this whole time I’m not sure if any team noticed the TBI in his physicals. Only when the LA Kiss signed him did the doctors discover it.