*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Another DUI.. This one is really sad.. Colt Brennan

Post by SundayJam »

Why aren't the usually vigorous moderators shuffling this thread to the Sports Forum? I fail to see any relevance to current Warrior football. I do see a common element of gossip mongering on the Warrior football forum, though.

Its sounds to me like Colt's got a great case here. If things go anything like his past, whichever team gets Colt is going to the Super Bowl. :wink:

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

BigWave96744 wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:
Small~Axe wrote:His lawyer said it wasnt pills
That isn't what I heard. I heard him say it was pills and could be prescription but he doesn't know for sure yet.

Promote drugs? I thought they said he was pulled over for speeding. Then they found he might be under the influence of alcohol. How did they find out he was promoting drugs? How did they find the drugs?
To put the end to the question if it was weed:
Green said a police officer stopped Brennan for going 10 miles over the speed limit while Brennan was on his way home to Kailua.

A small amount of drugs was found in the car. It’s not clear yet what kind of drugs are involved.
Green said he has his “suspicions” on what kind of drugs were found, but wouldn’t speculate.
He said the drugs were not pills.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =163877946
Michael Green, Brennan's attorney, said his client was pulled over after he was observed driving 45 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone.

Brennan, 28, was released from the main police cellblock at 12:15 Thursday afternoon without being charged. Green would not reveal what type of illegal drug was found by police, but Brennan's arrest for promotion of a dangerous drug in the third degree rules out the possibility of marijuana.

According to state law, a dangerous drug is one that has no medical use, like methamphetamine and cocaine, or a prescription drug that can be abused.

"It was not pills," said Green. "It's not a lot of stuff; it's a very small amount."
Read more: http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/Colt-Br ... z21oeexc6b

Police say he was arrested in Kailua for drunk driving and promoting a dangerous drug in the third degree which is a felony. Lab tests have not revealed what the powdery substance was. The fact it's a "dangerous" drug means it is more serious than marijuana which is listed as a "harmful" drug under Hawaii law.

"There is more here as to how you get to being on top of the mountain to being in the gutter somewhere," said Michael Green, Brennan's Attorney. "How did I get here? Not why he got arrested but how did I wind up in jail. From being at the very top to being in a cell on Beretania Street. So I would describe his demeanor as pure sadness."
Green says the traffic stop may not have been justified. Brennan was stopped for going 10 miles per hour over the speed limit. Green also says the drugs could have belonged to the rental car's previous customer.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1912 ... ed-for-dui

Thanks. That clears it up a bit. Now I know my hearing is getting worse. How do you promote drugs? Is that just a legal term for possession?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

§712-1250 Promoting intoxicating compounds. (1) A person commits the offense of promoting intoxicating compounds if the person knowingly:

(a) Breathes, inhales, or drinks any compound, liquid, or chemical containing toluol, hexane, trichloroethylene, acetone, toluene, ethyl acetate, methyl ethyl ketone, trichloroethane, isopropanol, methyl isobutyl ketone, methyl cellosolve acetate, cyclohexanone, or any other substance for the purpose of inducing a condition of intoxication, stupefaction, depression, giddiness, paralysis or irrational behavior, or in any manner changing, distorting or disturbing the auditory, visual or mental processes.

(b) Sells or offers for sale, delivers or gives to any person under eighteen years of age, unless upon written order of such person's parent or guardian, any compound liquid or chemical containing toluol, hexane, trichloroethylene, acetone, toluene, ethyl acetate, methyl ethyl ketone, trichloroethane, isopropanol, methyl isobutyl ketone, methyl cellosolve acetate, cyclohexanone, or any other substance which will induce an intoxicated condition, as defined herein, when the seller, offeror or deliveror knows or has reason to know that such compound is intended for use to induce such condition.

(2) Promoting intoxicating compounds is a misdemeanor.

(3) This section shall not apply to any person who commits any act described herein pursuant to the direction or prescription of a practitioner, as defined in the "Hawaii Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act" (section 328-16). [L 1972, c 9, pt of §1; am L 1975, c 163, §6(1); gen ch 1993]

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurren ... 2-1250.HTM

With the definition above. How did Colt promote drugs? Did he try to sell or give it to the police officer as a bribe? Did he tell the officer he was snorting the drug? Did he snort the drug in front of the officer? Did Colt try to sell it to someone in front of the officer? How was it considered promoting instead of possession? Since it was found in the car and not on his person how can they charge him with anything especially if he denied it was his nor having any knowledge of it being in the car? It is a rental and anyone could have put it in there or left it there by forgetting it was there.

Green is a very good lawyer to have on your side. Colt is lucky to have him. That is one thing he did right.

It just blows my mind. I don't understand it at all.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan Thread ***

Post by Haynr8dr »

One of the difference between Colt and I is that I didn't get caught.

Perhaps I was careful enough, otherwise, just plain lucky.

The other difference between Colt and I is that if I did get caught, it wouldn't be front page news for days on end.

I'm not endorsing what has happened, I'm simply stating I dare not throw stones from my glass house.

I wish we would just leave the kid alone, but I'm sure its not going to happen.

Has Colt done more for this State and University, or is it the other way around?

Something to ponder as some get ready to burn him at the stake.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

I'm hoping he will rebound from this and re-establish his credentials.

I just was asking H20 if he seen that documentary on RB Marcus Depree who played 2 seasons at OU. Great story with a some what happy ending. Hoping CB follows a similar path. There's always more positive than negative in this great state of Hawaii Nei when you put your trust in the man above.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

These guys have it right. As long as Colt Brennan wants help and actively embarks on a journey to recovery his family and friends should be there for him. Bashing the man when he is down on his luck is a cowardly act. IMHO.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... m.html?c=n

A former University of Hawaii coach and a teammate backed Colt Brennan amid a storm of public criticism and disappointment around the former UH star quarterback.

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Post by tico brown »

I'm not bashing CB, downing him, and wish that he can get out of this situation a better person. But could it be that one of the reasons why Colt is not playing anywhere is that the teams saw some red flags that most of us didnt? Like I said, I could care less if he plays again, even though his is better than at least half the backups in the NFL, CFL, and AFL. But I do hope that he can get his life together and move on to the next thing in his life.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

tico brown wrote:I'm not bashing CB, downing him, and wish that he can get out of this situation a better person. But could it be that one of the reasons why Colt is not playing anywhere is that the teams saw some red flags that most of us didnt? Like I said, I could care less if he plays again, even though his is better than at least half the backups in the NFL, CFL, and AFL. But I do hope that he can get his life together and move on to the next thing in his life.
There have been rumors for years about Colt's off the field issues. The "red flags" have always been legitimate whether UH fans wanted to acknowledge them or not. He's the diamond of the football program, so its expected that some people will be in serious denial. It is what it is. I hope Colt can turn it around. He always had a tremendous amount of talent, but never the full package. Players like Cam Newton, who possess the complete package: elite arm strength, accuracy, vision, height, weight, durability, etc. will only make it more difficult for players similar to Brennan to get their shot.

But that's all in the past. Brennan's window of opportunity is closed. Time to move on. I hope he looks into coaching. He digested JJ's difficult offense much quicker than any other R&S QB. If he could stay disciplined off the field, his career could really blossom.

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

biggest mistake he ever made was staying his senior year.

808APE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808APE »

season ticket holder wrote:biggest mistake he ever made was staying his senior year.
Biggest mistake Colt ever made? I bet Colt begs to differ. I'm sure sexually assaulting that Colorado coed, getting in a relationship/mysterious wreck with Shatki paralyzing Theresa Wang, and getting busted for DUI and hard drugs kind of trumps that at this point.

glockguy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by glockguy »

Man I hope he can put this behind him, get his mindset back into shape and go all out training. He may have a shot in the NFL if he really puts his mind to it.

:lol:

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

808APE wrote:
season ticket holder wrote:biggest mistake he ever made was staying his senior year.
Biggest mistake Colt ever made? I bet Colt begs to differ. I'm sure sexually assaulting that Colorado coed, getting in a relationship/mysterious wreck with Shatki paralyzing Theresa Wang, and getting busted for DUI and hard drugs kind of trumps that at this point.
I agree with season ticket holder.

Those other actions haven't lost him a million, if not several millions of dollars. Not yet, anyway.

Colt was projected by the majority of pundits to be the 3rd, if not the 2nd QB off the draft board his Junior season (the JaMarcus Russell draft). Surely, he would have been in the top-5 of QBs to be selected that year. Which means he would have been drafted by the 2nd round that season, versus being a late 6th rounder the next.

It's about investment, and that relationship to opportunity. His signing bonus alone would have been exponentially more, as would his opportunities to succeed. After all, the club would have made a serious investment in him as a 2nd rounder.

Recall if you will, Colt's dad wasn't overly thrilled about Colt's decision to return, commenting out loud his concerns about the costs of another year in college, versus the real opportunity to be an NFL'er.

For the record, Drew Stanton was the 5th QB off the board, going to the Lions in the 2nd round. Colt with Megatron - are you kidding me? The 4th QB off the board was John Beck to the Dolphins. Imagine Colt with Bess, again. Considering the degrees of seperation, it was Beck that would eventually fill the spot for Colt with the Redskins.

Those other decisions were spur of the moment - affairs of the person. His decision to return for his Senior year was one that he carefully pondered, probably included the family.

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

Police said that Brennan had a circular sway while standing on the sidewalk during his sobriety field test. Officers could also smell alcohol and marijuana on Brennan and said he had glassy and red bloodshot eyes. Brennan failed the sobriety test.

Brennan agreed to a breath test and had a blood alcohol level of 0.171. The legal limit in Hawaii is 0.08.

Officers found a green translucent bag on the driver's seat that appeared to contain a white powdery substance they believed was an illicit drug.
Read more: http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/HPD-Bre ... index.html
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

Haynr8dr wrote:
808APE wrote:
I agree with season ticket holder.

Those other actions haven't lost him a million, if not several millions of dollars. Not yet, anyway.

Colt was projected by the majority of pundits to be the 3rd, if not the 2nd QB off the draft board his Junior season (the JaMarcus Russell draft). Surely, he would have been in the top-5 of QBs to be selected that year. Which means he would have been drafted by the 2nd round that season, versus being a late 6th rounder the next.

It's about investment, and that relationship to opportunity. His signing bonus alone would have been exponentially more, as would his opportunities to succeed. After all, the club would have made a serious investment in him as a 2nd rounder.

Recall if you will, Colt's dad wasn't overly thrilled about Colt's decision to return, commenting out loud his concerns about the costs of another year in college, versus the real opportunity to be an NFL'er.

For the record, Drew Stanton was the 5th QB off the board, going to the Lions in the 2nd round. Colt with Megatron - are you kidding me? The 4th QB off the board was John Beck to the Dolphins. Imagine Colt with Bess, again. Considering the degrees of seperation, it was Beck that would eventually fill the spot for Colt with the Redskins.

Those other decisions were spur of the moment - affairs of the person. His decision to return for his Senior year was one that he carefully pondered, probably included the family.
yup. great point on being a higher pick and it's relation to opportunity, even if he didn't make it as a starter he could very well still be bouncing around as a backup.

you don't even have to look at it from a money loss point of view either. how about health & well being? the injuries suffered? the concussion? this story plays out way to often, chronic pains leading to pain killer abuse eventually heavy drug abuse.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

season ticket holder wrote: ..
you don't even have to look at it from a money loss point of view either. how about health & well being? the injuries suffered? the concussion? this story plays out way to often, chronic pains leading to pain killer abuse eventually heavy drug abuse.
Yes. I only address one aspect. But you're right. If he's in the NFL, he's not in a wreck on the Big Island ... more than likely not in Kailua either. The NFL afterall, is in Training Camp now.