*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: RIP Colt Brennan

Post by kapakahi »

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Pretty sad last couple of days of his life.

ShannonW808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ShannonW808 »

For real. Heartbreaking. 💔 He had so much heart.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Post by ubercow »

UH Football retires Colt Brennan's #15

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2021/1 ... ennan.aspx

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Legend.

Link

Corrected repost of SI post since posted below.
Last edited by shrek2 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

really good writeup about colt's dealing with addiction and his passing

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/01/c ... aily-cover

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Nice story. So sad.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Colt Brennan’s Family Learns CTE Played Role in His Death

Post by Shoko »

Good read about Colt's struggles with mental health, traumatic brain injuries and addiction. Highly recommend. Maybe time to reevaluate the importance of football and the effects it can have later in life?

https://www.si.com/college/2022/02/24/c ... uarterback

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Colt Brennan’s Family Learns CTE Played Role in His Death

Post by EITSwarrior »

Shame on all those people who tried to paint Colt as a bad person cause of his issues regarding his behavior. I have always said that the accident and TBI damage really changed Colt. He was not the same person from then on. Anyone who even just kept minimal tabs on Colt could see he was slowly deteriorating. His TBI cause not only behavioral issues but also physical ones as well. Was truly a dark day when we learned of his passing, but I'm happy for him and his family that he's no longer in pain and he's at peace.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@EITSwarrior: I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw your post on the opening page of Sportshawaii, and wished to respond. I'm a UH alumnus, so for quite a while I felt that Brennan's personal issues--as an alumnus himself--were making UH look bad. But this finding about CTE has made me see him in a different light. Of course, I felt bad that he passed-away, though. I mean, when anyone passes-away, you feel bad. But, obviously Brennan was perhaps UH's greatest QB ever, and--if I recall correctly--he also served Kahuku High as an assistant coach. So yeah, really, I think Brennan should be given a pass for all his personal problems, especially now that he's passed-away. I now remember him in a good light as a person.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:31 pm @EITSwarrior: I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw your post on the opening page of Sportshawaii, and wished to respond. I'm a UH alumnus, so for quite a while I felt that Brennan's personal issues--as an alumnus himself--were making UH look bad. But this finding about CTE has made me see him in a different light. Of course, I felt bad that he passed-away, though. I mean, when anyone passes-away, you feel bad. But, obviously Brennan was perhaps UH's greatest QB ever, and--if I recall correctly--he also served Kahuku High as an assistant coach. So yeah, really, I think Brennan should be given a pass for all his personal problems, especially now that he's passed-away. I now remember him in a good light as a person.
I'm not saying people should or should have given him a pass, I just wish people would think before shooting if you get what I mean. Or think about what you wrote before you press enter/send. Try and do some research on how and why before judging a person.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

A nice read. Thanks for the wonderful memories Colt.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

There are always "people" around the stars that were bad news. You can pick Michael Jackson, Mackey Feary, or CB in this case. Instead of trying to help, be his real friend, they rather hook him up for the next hit. They know who they are.

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Post by XLT1000 »

Okay. I heard about this guy in the news. Sorry to hear. March 20, 2022 is his funeral. Waikiki. I saw one game in 2007. RIP.

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Post by XLT1000 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:13 pm Shame on all those people who tried to paint Colt as a bad person cause of his issues regarding his behavior. I have always said that the accident and TBI damage really changed Colt. He was not the same person from then on. Anyone who even just kept minimal tabs on Colt could see he was slowly deteriorating. His TBI cause not only behavioral issues but also physical ones as well. Was truly a dark day when we learned of his passing, but I'm happy for him and his family that he's no longer in pain and he's at peace.
Actually, I just heard the news. I think he got into an accident. Earlier on the years past. I don't think that was alcohol related. But the idea might have been there.