Penn State Sanctions

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Penn State Sanctions

Post by tico brown »

The fact that PSU got a punishment that is slightly more than what USC got for Reggie Bush getting that free house is a joke. Paterno and the admin covered up Sandusky not once but twice. Second time, they just sent him away knowing that the admin and Paterno (who told the admin not to send him to the police) would be fired for the first cover up. And yes it was football recruiting, football money, and their jobs were the reason for the coverups. If that's not the definition of the LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL that the NCAA always try to nail programs for, then I don't know what is. And BTW, the current players are not punished. They still play football for a scholarship. And if they want to be in a bowl, they can transfer to another school without penalty. And I'm sure there will be plenty of schools making phone calls, right Temple, Rutgers, Pitt, West Virginia, Syracuse, UConn, etc.

That $60m fine that PSU has to pay is chump change since they profited $53 last year. They can get boosters to raise the $12m/year to pay for that. And this "crucifying a dead man" thing is concerned, Paterno would've been ST. JOE, the ultimate hero if he was the one who sent the monster to the police. Instead he covered Sandusky to save his own skin.

In a way, in some ways, its not fair. But this what happens when an 80 year old is allowed to control an entire campus and do what he pleases. And I'm pretty sure if this was another school like Miami, Hawaii, San Jose St, North Dakota Tech, the whole football program would've been shut down for at least one year, along with this punishment. Matter of fact, I REALLY can't wait till what the NCAA does to Miami for its BOATS AND HOES episode, :roll: :roll: :roll: .

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ating-1998
NCAA Sanctions Against Penn State
• $60 million fine
• Vacation of wins from 1998-2011 (112 wins)*
• Four-year postseason ban
• Four-year scholarship reduction (10 initial; 20 total)
• Players may transfer and play immediately at other schools
• Athletic department on probation for five years
* Joe Paterno record now 298-136-3; fifth on FBS all-time list