PRO BOWL

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
damelodian
Starter
Starter

PRO BOWL

Post by damelodian »

If we really want to make an impression in that the Pro Bowl belongs nowhere else other than Hawaii, we'd better start planning it come Sunday. Let's see what our competition is. Personally a parade would be good, guaranteed we could find some hot rods to carry the players. Then we could even have a drawing for spots to hold the colors of each team. Perhaps a makahiki challenge where we take some of our local born players and put them up against their NFL peers in the uli uli, spear tossing, and other traditional contests. We have to put our stamp on the Pro Bowl. Show that we know how to host it, and that we appreciate them coming here to put on a game. Then perhaps we could get another form of game as well, dare I say a regular season game.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: PRO BOWL

Post by Haynr8dr »

Some players have already stated a noticeable difference: that Honolulu rolls out the red-carpet for them, while in Miami, it's just another game ... because there are so many "other games" in town, including the Super Bowl the following week.

I hate Roger Goodell. He's a fr'ck'n Nazi as far as I'm concerned. He has this desire to spread the NFL around the world, while cities in the United States are begging and groveling for a chance of an NFL game, if not a franchise. Goodell can go to Hell.

The Raiders and 49ers play every preseason. Both those teams have many fans here. The communites are located close to each other, and in terms of Hawaii, they're the closest NFL cities. Hawaiian Air is the official carrier for the Raiders. Why don't they try to land that preseason game here? This preseason match-up hasn't "sold out" in their home stadiums for years. I bet it would sell-out here.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

You should all go to NFL.com and see their footage of this past week in Miami. Many of the players were shocked to see how crappy their hotel rooms were compared to what they were used to in Honolulu. Roger Goddell may sugarcoat everything and make like the pro bowl in Miami is a success, but this trend won't last long.

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

Haynr8dr wrote:Some players have already stated a noticeable difference: that Honolulu rolls out the red-carpet for them, while in Miami, it's just another game ... because there are so many "other games" in town, including the Super Bowl the following week.

I hate Roger Goodell. He's a fr'ck'n Nazi as far as I'm concerned. He has this desire to spread the NFL around the world, while cities in the United States are begging and groveling for a chance of an NFL game, if not a franchise. Goodell can go to Hell.

The Raiders and 49ers play every preseason. Both those teams have many fans here. The communites are located close to each other, and in terms of Hawaii, they're the closest NFL cities. Hawaiian Air is the official carrier for the Raiders. Why don't they try to land that preseason game here? This preseason match-up hasn't "sold out" in their home stadiums for years. I bet it would sell-out here.

thanks Haynr8dr

you always have thoughtful comments that are worth a read

but that cowpoke Avatar is too much already

kind of like having a guy sticking around at a party after he crapped in his pants

how much longer do we got to put up with the smell?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

beegpk wrote:but that cowpoke Avatar is too much already

kind of like having a guy sticking around at a party after he crapped in his pants

Hey! [-X

I love seeing all the Wyoming avatars on here!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

beegpk wrote:

but that cowpoke Avatar is too much already

:oops: I know.

No matter how many times I wipe ...

March 19th it's out of here!

Mahalo for your concern. :cry:

2ScoopRice
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by 2ScoopRice »

Roger tried to play hardball business negotiations with Aloha Stadium and Hawai'i, and all he managed to do was give the NFL a black-eye. I don't think the guy is right for the job--he's definitely no Paul Tagliabue! :oops: :roll:

P.S. There should be a law against bets that extend the display of another team's logo/helmet for more than a week: one member loses a bet and the rest of us suffer. I'm all for starting a petition to change the sites rules to limit such bets to one week. It is bad enough when one member displays the Wyoming logo but now it seems every other post has one. IT IS ALMOST MORE THAN ONE CAN BEAR! :bootyshake:
Some folks are wise and some folks are otherwise. ~ Old English Proverb

A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops. ~ Henry Adams

Lucky you live Hawaii !!!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

It keeps getting worse for the non-hawaii probowl

McKinnie gets booted off NFC Pro Bowl roster

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,216654

"When the NFL puts as much importance in Pro Bowl attendance as it has for this year's Miami pre-Super Bowl event, one wonders what it would actually take to be not only excused from the proceedings, but to get booted out of the whole thing altogether. Well, if you're curious, you can ask Minnesota Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie(notes), because he'd know. According to the Associated Press, McKinnie was kicked off the NFC Pro Bowl roster after missing practices on Friday and Saturday with unexcused absences. According to his own Twitter account, McKinnie, who had been nursing minor injuries through the end of the regular season and into the playoffs, managed to get himself together enough to engage in only one meeting this week, though he was much more reliable when taking on the highlights of the Miami club scene. It's now heavily speculated that those extracurricular activities were the driving force behind McKinnie's absences, leaving him off the team and subject to any number of fines."........ it goes on in the link

Bully808
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Da Flyin Hawaiian Phillie
NFL: NY Jets

Post by Bully808 »

wyokie wrote:
beegpk wrote:but that cowpoke Avatar is too much already

Hey! [-X

I love seeing all the Wyoming avatars on here!
I enjoy seeing that Oklahoma avatar lol j/p

Bully808
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Da Flyin Hawaiian Phillie
NFL: NY Jets

Post by Bully808 »

Im so upset that they took the Pro Bowl away from Hawaii im not even going to watch the game on tv. Eh Rajah Goodell you dropped the ball big time on this one brah it should be what the players want not what you want smh.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Mawae just threw a shaka in front of the camera and said he wished he was in Hawaii :hello1: !!!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

couz808 wrote:Mawae just threw a shaka in front of the camera and said he wished he was in Hawaii :hello1: !!!
Hmm? Hope he doesn't receive some mail from the head Storm Tropper, Commadant Goodell.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

couz808 wrote:Mawae just threw a shaka in front of the camera and said he wished he was in Hawaii :hello1: !!!
yep, saw that. he said something like, "aloha hawaii! what's up! wish we were there!" and the 2 other guys that sat beside him both made shakas too!

get the hint nfl!
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

chawan_cut wrote:
yep, saw that. he said something like, "aloha hawaii! what's up! wish we were there!" and the 2 other guys that sat beside him both made shakas too!

get the hint nfl!

Well we have to do our part also,We need to fix Aloha Stadium to what ever the NFL wants. & Hopefully the Pro Bowl will be ours for lots of years to come.
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach