*** Official DAVONE BESS Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Davone Bess...

Post by Red Gun »

Haven't seen this posted, but Davone had a big game against Tampa last Sunday. He finished w/ 4 receptions for 72 yards, which led the team and two huge receptions on the Dolphins final drive, when they needed a FG to win. You can see the highlights at NFL.com under Tampa/Miami.

Nice to see Davone continuing to excel.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: Davone Bess...

Post by Haynr8dr »

There are other Bess threads, but it's a new day.

I too have been following Bess. The father of my grand-daughter is an Aku-head. I've got the Ticket, so I let him indulge.

Bess is definitely representing.

Ironically, the last thread I posted in here was after Bess had struggled in a couple of games. He had a critical fumble just prior to the half that led to a quick score for the opposition. And against the Jets he dropped an easy one for a sure first-down as the Aku-heads were clinging to a lead.

He's adapted to his role well. He's the possession guy for the Aku-breaths. I never considered Bess a punt-returner while he was a Warrior, and he certainly doesn't have the speed to break one in the NFL, but he's got sure hands ... apparently. Because the Fish-breaths use him exclusively.

Again, Davone Bess has represented himself as a Warrior well at this next level.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

*** Official DAVONE BESS Thread ***

Post by Haynr8dr »

On the heels of Red Gunn's "Davone Bess" thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33614, I bring you ...

"OUT OF THE FOG", a new NFL Films Presents segment that features Davone Bess.

Recommended viewing for all Davone Bess fans. It tells his tale from the bad streets of Oakland, to prison, to Hawaii, to a FA with the Dolphins. His rookie season he finished second ALL TIME in receiving for undrafted rookie WRs.

Of course, there's some stuff on his time with the Warriors too.

I just watched the whole thing - it's excellent! Especially for us Bess fans. Try to catch the replay if you can. It's on one of those ESPN stations.

Red Gun
Starter
Starter

Re: NFL Films Presents: DAVONE BESS

Post by Red Gun »

Haynr8dr wrote:On the heels of Red Gunn's "Davone Bess" thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33614, I bring you ...

"OUT OF THE FOG", a new NFL Films Presents segment that features Davone Bess.

Recommended viewing for all Davone Bess fans. It tells his tale from the bad streets of Oakland, to prison, to Hawaii, to a FA with the Dolphins. His rookie season he finished second ALL TIME in receiving for undrafted rookie WRs.

Of course, there's some stuff on his time with the Warriors too.

I just watched the whole thing - it's excellent! Especially for us Bess fans. Try to catch the replay if you can. It's on one of those ESPN stations.
Here, here!

+1

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

was it a separate program or embedded into Sportscenter or something?
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

NFLFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by NFLFan »

The show will be on again on NFL Network at 1pm ET on Friday and 9 and 10am ET on Sat.

jkk808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by jkk808 »

NFL Films presents is a weekly 30 minute program shown on ESPN.

on NFL.com they have some of the past segments, no Davone Bess segment up yet that I could see.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

chawan_cut wrote:was it a separate program or embedded into Sportscenter or something?
jkk808 wrote:NFL Films presents is a weekly 30 minute program shown on ESPN.

on NFL.com they have some of the past segments, no Davone Bess segment up yet that I could see.
NFLFan wrote:The show will be on again on NFL Network at 1pm ET on Friday and 9 and 10am ET on Sat.
\:D/

Red Gun
Starter
Starter

Post by Red Gun »

In tonight's game vs. Carolina, Bess caught 6 for 63, including one amazing, extended catch on the sideline, and a huge 3rd and 12 catch for a first down that Miami turned into a TD when on the next play Ricky Williams broke off a huge run and scored.

Bess now has 100 NFL receptions... 54 last year... 46 this year. Way to go Davone!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

Red Gun wrote:In tonight's game vs. Carolina, Bess caught 6 for 63, including one amazing, extended catch on the sideline, and a huge 3rd and 12 catch for a first down that Miami turned into a TD when on the next play Ricky Williams broke off a huge run and scored.

Bess now has 100 NFL receptions... 54 last year... 46 this year. Way to go Davone!
He had an awesome night, specifically, coming on the heels of that special NFL Films Presents segment on him.

Bess continues to represent the U of Hawaii with dignity and respect.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

can anyone record it and put it online? IM working litereally every time its on....
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

xer 21 wrote:can anyone record it and put it online? IM working litereally every time its on....
If I had the knowledge to do that, then ... .

Otherwise, as somebody else has already posted, it appears that the segment will be available on-line soon at NFL.com.

The segment starts off with those fog machines that some teams run out onto the field through - know what I mean? And then it rattles off all kinds of stats pitting teams that run out through those fog machines against teams that don't. Teams that don't run out through fog machines fare significantly better.

That morphs into Davone Bess' story. His mom, his high-school coach, JJ, and his position coach at Miami are all featured in the story. His story probably takes up 20-minutes of that half-hour segment.

Red Gun
Starter
Starter

Post by Red Gun »

Just watched the segment w/ Davone. Very nicely done. All in all it was about 15 minutes long. I tell ya what guys... I knew Davone overcame a lot... but watching the segment... wow... what a great inspiration and role model.

I loved watching him at Hawaii and I just love seeing him do great w/ Miami. I still hold out hope that one day he and Colt are reunited and tearing it up in the NFL together... but until that day comes... I'll settle for Davone doing his thing for the Dolphins.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

some one put it on youtube!!!! i want to see it!...

and guess what!...our boy had a great game today!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Re: *** Official DAVONE BESS Thread ***

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Seems like Davone is Miami's leading WR every week! 8)