*** Official DAVONE BESS Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: *** Official DAVONE BESS Thread ***

Post by Haynr8dr »

Mahalo to whoever ~merged~ these threads! \:D/

Davone is representing, hence, he deserves a thread.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Haynr8dr wrote:Mahalo to whoever ~merged~ these threads! \:D/

Davone is representing, hence, he deserves a thread.
:wink:
ImageImageImage

NFLFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by NFLFan »

Someone posted the NFL Films piece online...
http://www.justin.tv/txdolfan

rw34rb23 is the passcode

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

NFLFan wrote:Someone posted the NFL Films piece online...
http://www.justin.tv/txdolfan

rw34rb23 is the passcode
Thanks a bunch dude! much appreciated
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

^^ \:D/ ^^ Beers all around! \:D/

Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Post by Red Gun »

Davone had another huge game yesterday, helping the Dolphins defeat the Pats, 22-21. Bess finished w/ 10 receptions for 117 yards and his first TD of this season. Deion Sanders even mentioned him on his top ten plays of the day.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Awesome game, Davone!!!!!!! :hello1:

jkk808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Fantastic ESPN article about Davone Bess

Post by jkk808 »

The best WR you don't know (Unless you're from Hawaii or Miami):

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... -dont-know

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Fantastic ESPN article about Davone Bess

Post by xer 21 »

great article, good find!
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

hiskoolfb
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by hiskoolfb »

He's having a hell of a year...good for him

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

hell yeah

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

Nice read, that bit about "pass first ask questions later" should be on a UH football T shirt.

T-Bone
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by T-Bone »

More love and ink for Davone in the Honolulu Advertiser... couldn't get the URL to work, so I just copied the text.

Advertiser: Ex-Warrior Davone Bess of Dolphins becoming one of NFL's top slot receivers

DAVIE, Fla. — Work hard. Get better every day. Stay humble. Be patient. Be thankful.

Those are the five mantras that hang prominently on a sheet of notebook paper on the left wall of Davone Bess' locker.

These daily instructions have been there since he made the Dolphins roster as an undrafted rookie last season, and he constantly goes over them.

They serve as a constant reminder of where he's come from and what's enabled this former University of Hawaii standout to find his niche as an NFL slot receiver.

They also provide Bess guidance for the road he's on. To understand his desired destination, just look at the center of his locker. That's where a Pro Bowl placard hangs.

"Every time I look at them they keep me grounded and focused," Bess said. "Lets me know where I've been, and where I need to be."

Considering Bess is rising up the ranks of NFL slots receivers, it appears he's well on his way.

Despite only starting one game this season, Bess leads the Dolphins in receptions (59) and receiving yards (548). And even though he produced his first 100-yard receiving game in last Sunday's win over New England, he's sat at the top of those statistical rankings most of the season.

With four games to play, Bess' 548 yards is only 6 yards shy of what he accomplished last season, when he became the NFL's most productive undrafted rookie receiver since Jets standout Wayne Chrebet.

More telling of his impact is the fact nearly half of Bess' receptions (29) and yards (259) have come in third-down situations, which serves as proof he's becoming the player the Dolphins offense leans on in the game's crucial moments.

"The guy leads the (AFC) in third-down conversions, and that's hard to do, especially on a team that doesn't pass (much)," offensive coordinator Dan Henning said. "If he would maintain that for the next 10 years he'll be a very viable, and valuable commodity."

Bess, a restricted free agent this offseason, trails only Giants receiver Steve Smith in production on third down.

These days, it's no surprise that a slot receiver has become a go-to option for an NFL offense. Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio, who played linebacker in the NFL for 11 seasons, said back in his playing day teams rarely strayed from the personnel grouping that features two backs, two receivers and a tight end.

But utilizing slot receivers like Bess are in vogue because of the mismatches it often creates.

"It's always a short athletic guy who is quick," said safety Yeremiah Bell. "Quarterbacks are going to look for those slot receivers because they can get in and out of breaks quickly."

Del Rio said the most important thing those slot receivers do is move the chains.

Bess said most of the routes he runs are based on the coverage that he sees after the snap. Henning said Bess he has a good feel for understanding when opposing defenses are in zone or man coverage, which often dictates the route. And that sense is getting better.

Bess admits he's starting to get better at making the right read adjustments, picking the appropriate route, and it's depth, getting on the same page with his quarterback. Bess credits that newfound success to mantra No. 4: Be patient.

Just like the routes, Bess is optimistic continued success will come as long as he keeps to his core principles.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Davone will be signing autographs at the Waikiki Aquarium on Saturday, then head out to Radford HS to help out at the Kemoeatu Brothers Camp. Today he helped out at the camp at Kahuku HS.

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Davonne Bess Cuts Off Interview To Call 911

Post by tico brown »

Davonne Bess was doing an intereview with a Miami Sports Radio Show when he told the host that he had to call the host back because he had to call 911. While driving, he witnessed a truck lose control and flip over 3 times.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -accident/
Davone Bess cuts off radio interview after witnessing accident
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 1, 2010 1:21 PM ET

Today's most unusual NFL media item comes from Miami, where Dolphins wide receiver Davone Bess was on the phone in his car giving a radio interview, and he had to cut it short when he witnessed an accident.

"I'm sorry, I have to call 911," a nervous-sounding Bess said on The Jorge Sedano Show on 790 The Ticket (audio here). "Can I call you guys in like five minutes? I apologize. I'll call you right back. I have to call 911 for this man. I'll call you right back."

Bess later explained that while he was on the road, he saw the truck in front of him swerving and then saw it flip over three times.

***STORY CONTINUES***