**The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
jkk808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: **The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Post by jkk808 »

The Lakers need to stop trying to play behind Yao. They need to front him and make him work to get position, he's just too much for Bynum and Gasol otherwise.

Loved the Rockets plan of switching Scola and Artest's defensive assignments when Ariza and Odom were playing together. Odom's normally a matchup nightmare on PF's, but Artest can play him straight up, and Ariza's just not enough of a shooting or driving threat on Scola.

I still think the Lakers will win, but man do they have to look more and more vulnerable to the Nuggets and Cavs.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Lakers need to come out and dominate from the tip. They need their defense to be their best offense.

efthimios_rentzias
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by efthimios_rentzias »

Derek Fisher = washed up, I don't have skill left, I have no place on this team, and therefore, I will change my name to Reagan Mauaia, and get first downs when someone tries to set a screen on me in the playoffs.

And how about those special Kobe Rules?

When Ron Artest post-game is the voice of reason, things have gone bad.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

=; I agree that Derek Fisher is a defensive liability, but he's not washed up....but, he will be suspended first at least a game, which means Farmar will play more, and I think he's got game.

Kobe is a Star! period. Artest is a rogue, and you can not change the "spots on a leopard". And his sound bites were more entertaining than that of reason.... :lol:

But, UHwarrior23, you got it wrong..it's not "They need their defense to be their best offense." It's more like "They need their offense is their best defense." :wink: :roll: :P
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Ron Artest is an idiot! All he does is foul, foul, foul and foul. I give Kobe credit for not knocking his arse out w/ an elbow to the head!

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

uhwarrior23 wrote:Ron Artest is an idiot! All he does is foul, foul, foul and foul. I give Kobe credit for not knocking his arse out w/ an elbow to the head!
Artest saw what everyone else saw in game 2. Kobe was on fire and there was nothing the Rockets could do about it. Artest took advantage of the emotional situation and tried to bait Kobe into doing something stupid so that he gets ejected/suspended. It backfired. They were jocking for position...Artest had his elbow pushed against the back of Kobe's head and Kobe "nudged" him off. Nudged him WELL!

Lest we forget the last time the played when all this started? When they were talking smack all game? It was Artest who put his forearm on Kobe's throat. All I can say is...NO MAKE, IF YOU CANNOT TAKE!
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:-? After watching the Lakers on Friday and Sunday...I really believe that this team suffers from "Grand Illusions of Sybil" when it comes to playing Basketball :lol: :lol: ....it's going to be really interesting to watch what happens to this team when their playoff runs it's course..... :o Not going to be pretty.
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:oops: So does the purple and gold come out tonight with a vengances after that pathetic showing on Sunday?

:wink: Kobe goes for 40+ tonight! :-

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:oops: WHOA...my bad.....KOBE only got 26 ....but LAKERS by 40! :o

Oh well....next series! :-

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

UH23........I'm a laker fan too. Love Kobe. BUT......there is no way that he'd knock Artest out with that Elbow. Artest would give Kobe cracks.

Go Lakers!

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Time for Lakers to close out tonighte

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

one word for this team...soft

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

tavarua88 wrote:one word for this team...soft
And no heart.

efthimios_rentzias
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by efthimios_rentzias »

Bynum 0 pts. Kobe: 27 shots to get 31 pts. Wtf. I hate the Lakers and I'm still confused.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

efthimios_rentzias wrote:Bynum 0 pts. Kobe: 27 shots to get 31 pts. Wtf. I hate the Lakers and I'm still confused.
Don't worry...we understand your confusion. It's okay. It'll pass. The sooner we can dispose of the pocket rockets and take down the nose nuggets, the better. It'll pass. No worry. Won't take long.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!