Outerisland football2

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Oahugrown10
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Outerisland football2

Post by Oahugrown10 »

I just dont understand how you can consider the kahukus and st. louis to be the major BCS teams while outer island teams are simply 'mid-majors' I am from oahu and have watched waimea from kauai play a number of times. Before their heralded coach Jon Kobayashi retired he led them to the state tourney every year since it was created. In my opinion his graduating 2002 class was the best team waimea has ever had. They were ranked 2nd or 3rd in the state and beat castle 41-20. Also, if Kahuku was such a great team why couldnt they beat the "little" menehunes by a bigger margin than 21-7? Thats a kahuku vs. st. louis score. You also might make an argument that they still won, but i looked on the waimea sideline and in the program book only to notice they had only 28 players on the team!!! And kahukus o-line average 300+ each while the biggest guy on waimeas d-line was around 5'9" 180lbs. Shouldnt Kahuku have been able to pound the ball down their throats? The answer should be an emphatic YES! But they didnt. When Kahuku did run, waimea stuffed them and also forced 8 fumbles.....Yes 8! Because of this i pose the question to you, if Kahuku has superior athletes, shouldnt that be enough to have killed waimea? THe answer should be Yes but they didnt. On top of all that, they had size, speed, numbers, and homefield advantage.....yet could only muster 21 pts against the tiny menehunes.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Here we go again!

Geez people! :roll:

By the way, can we keep these threads under the same topic?
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I'll say this again. Mid-majors beat BCS teams all the time, see: Boise, Utah. No one's saying that BCS teams beat mid-major teams in every game, cause it doesnt happen. But that doesnt still mean that the BCS/Mid-major split isnt still there. Fresno beat 2 BCS teams this year, does that mean they should be in the BCS, no. Good for them, they brought positive recognition to the WAC, but they are still a mid-major team. I'll say the same for outer island teams. They jump up and get an OIA Red team, good for them, I'll still think of them as being in a lower league and that wont change until one of them at least get into the championship game. Once they do that, I'll change my whole perspective.

Lunas1831
All-conference
All-conference

lunas

Post by Lunas1831 »

lp