Emerald City Classic

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Emerald City Classic

Post by SM96753 »

I know the current prep football season isn't over but I wanted to ask you fans about next year. At the beginning of the prep season, there is a football classic held at Seattle's Qwest Field. There are usually four or five games that pit Washington state's top teams against each other or other teams from different states such as Oregon and California.

This was the same "classic" that pitted Bellevue (Washington) against Concord De LaSalle. A game in which De LaSalle's 151 game winning streak ended.

After learning of De LaSalle's defeat, I called Tim Exton to order the game DVD. Tim is in charge of filming prep football games for the WIAA. Tim told me that the executives in charge of the Emerald City Kickoff were contacted by a team from Hawaii that expressed interest in possibly playing in the 2005 classic. Does anyone know what team this could possibly be?

Also, I know it's early but has anyone heard of any mainland teams potentially coming here next season?

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I'm just guessing but it has to be either Kahuku, Kamehameha or St. Louis. And as far mainland teams coming here they used to come for the Akina Classic but they got rid of that, why I don't know. That was always a good event.