Does anyone care about the NHL at all?!

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Does anyone care about the NHL at all?!

Post by wyokie »

Granted it's a strange subject to be discussing on a board for HAWAII sports fans but, still....

Yesterday the NHL cancelled its 2005 All-Star Game which doesn't surprise me. I'm just shocked that ESPN hasn't reported anything much about the lockout.

Whenever Major League Baseball or the NBA go on strike, ESPN reports on them every five minutes (it seems like it :roll: ). But with the NHL, I could hear a pin drop.

However, I can see why ESPN doesn't report on it. Must people could care less about the NHL which explains the super bad ratings. Althought in the NHL's defense, it's ratings are not as bad as the XFL's ratings were (remember that farce?).

Prediction: the league will cancel it's entire seasoon, no one will care, & several franchises will die off.

By the way, where was the 2005 All-Star Game supposed to been played at anyway?

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

I'll occasionally watch a NHL game on TV, just like baseball, only during the playoffs. I enjoy going to Hockey games in person but just not a big TV fan. Personally, I'm not missing hockey, and personally I wish baseball would go away like like hockey is....

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

I agree, WA Warrior. I'd like to see baseball go the same route as the NHL and die off. Then again, I wish BYU and the University of Oklahoma would do the same to their football programs!
Last edited by wyokie on Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

No worries Wyo...I care man. Hockey has a place in my heart. I worked at the Ice Palace when I lived in Hawaii and yes, I'm proud to say that I was a certified Zamboni operator. Man those were the days.

Here in the bay area, the Sharks are a pretty big deal. I got a lot of Sharks fans that work with me and we talk about them every day since this whole lock out thing came. I can't wait until they get a deal done. Doesn't look like it'll happen this year but hey, just as long as they come to an agreement and hockey can be played again.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

I was starting to get into hockey before it went out, but it doesn't exactly break my heart that it's gone. I could live without any pro sports league in existance, it's just nice to have 'em around.

Besides, there's collegiate and minor league hockey still around and that's good enough for me since games are a lot more fun in person. And ESPN NHL 2k5 is not a bad way to compensate for the lost season.