Women's Volleyball

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Women's Volleyball

Post by WA Warrior »

I saw the #2 Minnesota Lady Gophers take a loss to Wisconsin in 5 this morning. Assuming that the Wahine doesn't lose between now and Monday when the polls come up they should move up to #2.

I also watched the Oregon State Lady Beavers volleyball team take #1 Washington Lady Huskies to game 5 only to lose. OSU won the first two and it look like they intimidated UW with precision blocking and confused them with a lot of short sets in the first game and then went to their outside hitters on the second, alas, they couldn't pull it out and UW just dominated from there on. What is encouraging is that OSU is similar to UH in that their starting lineup is made up of a lot of Freshmen and Sophomore players.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

What is encouraging is that OSU is similar to UH in that their starting lineup is made up of a lot of Freshmen and Sophomore players.

Maybe Hawaii might see them in the final four in the next couple of years! Thanks for the update!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Like I said before, I think this Hawaii can beat Washington. I've seen Washington play already and I think Hawaii can run with and actually beat them. This years team has a lot of spunk and heart. They did not give up even when the media at the beginning of the year was doubting them. Even Mr. Shoji is amazed on what they did this year. No matter what happens this season for these women. All I can say it's a success already. I'm hoping they can go all the way and prove you don't have to have big names to kick booty.