Please

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Please

Post by H20 »

someone tell me theres a reason not to believe this is true. I mean, yes, I dont know much about the rest of the WAC but with our returners and the new guys coming in I knd of saw us as a contender.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=2984

BigWave96744

the unknown

Post by BigWave96744 »

Big and Little Matt, Tatum, Groce, Boetz are all unknowns and others are wondering if they will gel in Riley's system...

I actually don't mind because the team will be even more motivated to prove others wrong...

I think the other Mens teams ranked higher has some key returnees...
Our only key returnees are Sensley and Blackett... Guard play is a big question mark to many outsiders...

FYI, my friend plays pickup games with the UH dudes and watched some of their unofficial practices and told me:
-- Sensley looks focused and pretty much led the practices. Sometimes yelling at guys to play better, pass more, play harder D, etc.
-- Little Matt is a scorer and is not afraid to light it up.. Just like Carl and Savo
-- Big Matt can run the floor, shoot from the outside, and bang in the inside
-- Blackett looks more buff
-- Tatum is a solid defender who can also throw it down, along with being a pure PG.
-- Nash Jr has really stepped up his game and may even push Little Matt for a starting job..
-- Boetz needs to bulk up a bit.. Milos looks stronger..
-- Groce is a short guard maybe 5'8'' but can shoot and drive to the hoop
-- Picuikas was hurt all summer (broken foot or ankle sprain)

Regardless of who starts, our bench looks solid...

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

so with that said, who would be your starting 5?

Blackett at PF and Jules at SF are pretty much set. Or are we going to see Blackett at C, Big Matt at PF, and Jules at SF. With Small Matt being a scorer, you'd think he'd be at SG and may be tatum at PG?

What i like about this team is we can create combos on the floor that'll drive teams crazy. we can play half court with our front line or go small and run. I hope Riles will open it up at little more this year seeing we have guys who can run.

I still me Tony on the floor.

H20

Post by H20 »

I guess we could go with a 3 forward 2 guard lineup but I think as the season goes on its going to be hard not to start Botez.

H20

Post by H20 »

At least someone in the media gave us a first place vote.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... br08p.html

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I was suprised too. I thought that those who make projections take a look at not only who is left, but who are the guys coming in. Isn't this the same media that ranked these kids through their developmental years? I remember when UTEP didn't have much of a team and then last year they picked up some very key players. Weren't they ranked high during the preseason? We came from being a disrespected midmajor to being just flat out disrespected.

I say this should be a wake up call to our team. There are a lot of people that don't think you all can make it. They've dismissed you before they witnessed you. (that just happened to rhyme). I guess it's time for our team to step it up and for our fans to back them up. (damn another rhyme). Ok, I'll end this before I turn into Don King.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Geez...thought we were bad. Look at Fresno. Second to last? Damn...I guess that's what happens sometimes when you get headcases. Not sure why Fresno gets these guys. Just makes the school look bad and Lopes is a good coach.

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

The808Fringe wrote:Geez...thought we were bad. Look at Fresno. Second to last? Damn...I guess that's what happens sometimes when you get headcases. Not sure why Fresno gets these guys. Just makes the school look bad and Lopes is a good coach.
Politics...... It sucks...... Thats alright everytime when they are pick low the team always come out on top......