Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Post Reply
User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22273
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm

Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by BigWave96744 »

My pick would be:

"Zak Hill, Offensive Coordinator, Arizona State
Hill is another assistant to watch in this search. The Oregon native joined Arizona State’s staff prior to the 2020 season and helped the Sun Devils lead the Pac-12 in scoring (40.3) in the four-game campaign. Through seven contests in ’21, Arizona State is averaging 31.6 points a contest and ranks first in the Pac-12 in yards per play (6.9). The former Central Washington quarterback has previous coaching stints as an assistant at Eastern Washington (2009-15) and Boise State (2016-19)."

User avatar
ulua
All-American
All-American
Posts: 1737
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:08 am
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by ulua »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:09 pm My pick would be:

"Zak Hill, Offensive Coordinator, Arizona State
Hill is another assistant to watch in this search. The Oregon native joined Arizona State’s staff prior to the 2020 season and helped the Sun Devils lead the Pac-12 in scoring (40.3) in the four-game campaign. Through seven contests in ’21, Arizona State is averaging 31.6 points a contest and ranks first in the Pac-12 in yards per play (6.9). The former Central Washington quarterback has previous coaching stints as an assistant at Eastern Washington (2009-15) and Boise State (2016-19)."
Was he the OC that Rolo hired and left a short time later for another school?

User avatar
shrek2
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by shrek2 »

ulua wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:45 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:09 pm My pick would be:

"Zak Hill, Offensive Coordinator, Arizona State
Hill is another assistant to watch in this search. The Oregon native joined Arizona State’s staff prior to the 2020 season and helped the Sun Devils lead the Pac-12 in scoring (40.3) in the four-game campaign. Through seven contests in ’21, Arizona State is averaging 31.6 points a contest and ranks first in the Pac-12 in yards per play (6.9). The former Central Washington quarterback has previous coaching stints as an assistant at Eastern Washington (2009-15) and Boise State (2016-19)."
Was he the OC that Rolo hired and left a short time later for another school?
Yup. I think he realized that that the pay didn't commensurate with the COL so he took the job with Boise. I would venture to guess that since the temp HC did okay against BYU in light of the fact that BYU is undefeated against the Pac-12(4-0), he most likely has the upper hand. What puzzles me is why Brian Smith who has had contact with TC and is the OC, doesn't bring up TC to WSU to coach the receivers or facilitate the R&S in some coaching position.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2185
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:47 pm
ulua wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:45 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:09 pm My pick would be:

"Zak Hill, Offensive Coordinator, Arizona State
Hill is another assistant to watch in this search. The Oregon native joined Arizona State’s staff prior to the 2020 season and helped the Sun Devils lead the Pac-12 in scoring (40.3) in the four-game campaign. Through seven contests in ’21, Arizona State is averaging 31.6 points a contest and ranks first in the Pac-12 in yards per play (6.9). The former Central Washington quarterback has previous coaching stints as an assistant at Eastern Washington (2009-15) and Boise State (2016-19)."
Was he the OC that Rolo hired and left a short time later for another school?
Yup. I think he realized that that the pay didn't commensurate with the COL so he took the job with Boise. I would venture to guess that since the temp HC did okay against BYU in light of the fact that BYU is undefeated against the Pac-12(4-0), he most likely has the upper hand. What puzzles me is why Brian Smith who has had contact with TC and is the OC, doesn't bring up TC to WSU to coach the receivers or facilitate the R&S in some coaching position.
Cause TC is employed at Nevada. Inquiring about TC would be something done in the offseason.

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22273
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by BigWave96744 »

We are talking Pac12 and there is no way Dickert has a chance being the next HC as WAZZU. Maybe he can be the next HC at Wyoming when the Bohl Era is over.

Pat Chun already apologized took full responsibility for hiring Rolo. His next hire will dictate his legacy as a WAZZU Alum.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 19636
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:54 pm
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills
Location: Oklahoma City via Casper, WYO
Contact:

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:43 pm We are talking Pac12 and there is no way Dickert has a chance being the next HC as WAZZU. Maybe he can be the next HC at Wyoming when the Bohl Era is over.
Which Wyoming fans everywhere hope ends soon. :roll:

I miss the Paul Roach Era (1987-90).

User avatar
shrek2
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by shrek2 »

I don't know how many people caught this in coach's interview after the game against NMSU but he said they're playing WSU instead of USU, then corrected himself. Freudian slip or honest mistake? I would think that WSU has asked him to apply. Here you have a mature, football minded, education oriented man. Why not? I don't want to see this happen but its a possibility.

User avatar
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 6997
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by SundayJam »

I would like to think the number one candidate for the job will be Scott Frost. Will the number one hot-seat nominee be cancelled by Nebraska? I doubt it. I think he's a great coach. Public-perception, performance, and probability are a conundrum. How is it that Dave Aranda is too good for the Washington State job? How is it that Hawaii rejected this star--and the lesser Rolovich--because of Norm Chow? The focus of big programs is for up and coming coaches. Our current coach is good enough for us. He's good. I hope he'll stay here for a while.

User avatar
shrek2
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by shrek2 »

Jake Dickert has interim removed from his title and has a contract for the next five years.
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/W ... 656230.php

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 5996
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by poidog »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:10 pm Jake Dickert has interim removed from his title and has a contract for the next five years.
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/W ... 656230.php
that's kinda cool! I wonder if Brian Smith will stay on the staff?

User avatar
shrek2
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers
Location: Mainland

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by shrek2 »

poidog wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:58 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:10 pm Jake Dickert has interim removed from his title and has a contract for the next five years.
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/W ... 656230.php
that's kinda cool! I wonder if Brian Smith will stay on the staff?
I would think that's one of the keys to keeping de Laura. I wonder if Max Borghi stays for another senior year or turns pro. He was a tough runner.

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22273
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Really good to see a coach like Dickert keep the team close, win the Apple Cup & get a chance as a first time head coach. 👍

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22273
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm

Re: Who will be the next HC at Wazzu?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Looks like Smitty will not be the OC
Washington State: Sources tell FootballScoop Incarnate Word head coach Eric Morris is expected to join Jake Dickert's staff as offensive coordinator. E Mo lead UIM to today's second round of the FCS playoffs (Sam Houston State won 49-42). Matt Zenitz has reported the same.

Post Reply