*** Official Arkansas Football Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post Game Georgia Southern

Post by HawaiianHogster »

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/ ... 171225373/

INSIDE THE NUMBERS

-2 - Yards on Malik Hornsby's first career pass completion
0 - Turnover by either team on the afternoon
0 - Number of meetings between the Hogs and Eagles prior to Saturday
1 - SEC win all-time for Georgia Southern entering play
3 - Plays, one yard and a punt for Georgia Southern on opening drive
4 - Plays, 73-yards and a TD for Arkansas to open up the scoring early
6 - Different Razorbacks hauled in receptions in first half
6 - Yard TD run by Hornsby put Arkansas up 45-10 with 8:22 to play
6- Tackles for loss by Arkansas on the afternoon
8 - Yards allowed by Arkansas' defense in first quarter
9 - Tackles by Jalen Catalon led the way for Arkansas
10 - Yard run by Malik Hornsby on his first play from scrimmage in 4Q
11 - Jersey worn by Jaquayln Crawford, who recorded his first catch as a Hog in 1Q
11 - Yard TD run by Dominique Johnson put the Hogs up 14-0 with 3:31 left in 1Q
12 - Play, 60-yard drive by Georgia Southern ended in a FG to close out the half
13 - Yard TD run by Trelon Smith put Arkansas up 7-0 less than three minutes in
13 - Completions on 23 passing attempts for Jefferson on the day with a trio of touchdowns
14 - Yard TD reception by Tyson Morris put Arkansas on top 21-0 with 8:42 remaining in half
15 - Plays, 94 yards, 6:30 off the clock and a TD on Arkansas' second scoring drive
20 - Arkansas' ranking in the AP Top 25 entering play
21 - Yard catch by Blake Kern gave Arkansas first-and-goal late in first half
24 - Yards from Jefferson to Treylon Burks for his first catch of game in 2Q
25 - Yard FG from Cam Little gave Hogs a 24-7 lead with 2:23 left in half
32 - Yard FG by Georgia Southern as time expired in first half made score 24-10
44 - Yard catch and run by De'Vion Warren set up an Arkansas FG late in half
47 - Yard strike from Jefferson to Morris on Arkansas' first play from scrimmage
48 - Yard run by Johnson set up Arkansas' third score of the game in 2Q
55 - Jersey of Tre Williams, who came up with a drive killing sack for Hogs in 2Q
60 - Yard TD strike from Jefferson to Warren Thompson put Arkansas up 31-10 early 3Q
72 - Seconds for Arkansas to find the end zone on its first offensive possession
72 - Yards on five carries by Dominique Johnson, who led the Hogs on the ground
76 - Yard TD run by Georgia Southern QB Justin Tomlin made it 21-7 with 7:22 left in half
81 - Passing yards by Georgia Southern on 13-of-28 attempts for the day
88 - Degrees at kickoff from Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
91- Yard TD reception by Burks put Arkansas in command 38-10
99 - Yards, 7 plays and a TD over 1:56 by Arkansas to extend its lead to 21-0 in 2Q
117 - Rushing yards for Georgia Southern in first half
127 - Yards on three catches by Treylon Burks led the way receiving for Arkansas
133 - Passing yards per game for Arkansas entering play
138 - Rushing yards for Hogs in first half
163 - Total first quarter yards for Arkansas
166 - Total yards for Georgia Southern in first half
200 - Yards on 10-of-18 passing for KJ Jefferson in first half
233 - Total yards allowed by the Arkansas defense on the day
269 - Rushing yards for the Razorbacks on Saturday
278 - Total yards per game allowed for Arkansas entering play
289 - Rushing yards per game for Arkansas entering play
338 - Total yards of offense for Arkansas in first half
366 - Passing yards by Jefferson set a new career-high mark
633 - Total yards of offense for the Razorbacks on Saturday
2016 - Last season Arkansas was ranked in AP Top 25 and started year 3-0
66,311 - Announced attendance at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium

ARKANSAS INJURY REPORT

Did Not Participate: QB Kade Renfro, RB Donte Buckner, TE Erin Outley, TE Collin Sutherland, TE Zach Lee, OL Cole Carson, OL Terry Wells, OL Devon Manuel, OL Josh Street, OL Ray Curry Jr., OL Dylan Rathcke, WR Darin Turner, WR Chris Harris, TE Nathan Johnson, DB Jermaine Hamilton-Jordan, LB Marco Avant, LB Kelin Burrle, LB JT Towers, LB Brooks Both, LB McKinley Williams, DL Dorian Gerald, DL Andy Boykin, DL Marcus Miller, DL Jalen Williams

In-Game Injuries: RB Trelon Smith (1Q, shoulder, did return), RT Dalton Wagner (1Q, back, did not return), C Ricky Stromberg (3Q, leg, did not return)

GEORGIA SOUTHERN INJURY REPORT

Did Not Participate: RB JD King, DB Derrick Canteen

In-Game Injuries: QB Justin Tomlin (3Q, did return)

COMMENTS
DID YOU NOTICE?

Myron Cunningham represented Arkansas for the coin toss while fellow captains KJ Jefferson, Jalen Catalon, Joe Foucha and Grant Morgan stood together behind him near the sideline
Jake Yurachek carried the American flag and John David White carried the Arkansas flag as the Razorbacks took the field prior to the game made the trip to Fayetteville for Saturday's festivities at DWRRS
Arkansas basketball and head coach Eric Musselman hosted a huge recruiting weekend dubbed as "Muss Bus Mania" with over 25 visitors on campus for the Georgia Southern game, headlined by five-star wing Anthony Black and current Class of 2022 commit Derrian Ford
Arkansas won the opening coin toss and elected to defer to the second half
Vito Calvaruso boomed the opening kickoff through the back of the end zone for a touchback
Arkansas started in a four-man front with John Ridgeway earning the start up front and Hayden Henry starting at LB
Beaux Limmer earned the start at right guard for Arkansas
After forcing a three-and-out, Georgia Southern jumped offsides on a punt, extending an Arkansas drive that turned into a TD
Nathan Bax and Trey Knox each earned some reps at tight end with the Arkansas offense in the first quarter
Ty Clary was taking snaps at right tackle for Arkansas
Missouri transfer duo Markell Utsey and Tre Williams combined for a sack on the final play of the first quarter
A Ketron Jackson touchdown reception in 2Q was called back for an ineligible receiver downfield penalty
Following Stromberg's injury early in 3Q, the offensive line was Cunningham, Jones, Clary, Limmer and Latham from left to right
Warren Thompson recorded his first touchdown catch as a Hog on a 60-yard bomb from Jefferson early in 3Q
Jefferson's 91-yard TD pass to Burks was the second longest in school history behind Matt Jones' 92-yard strike to Richard Smith against Tennessee in 2002
Malik Hornsby took over at quarterback for Arkansas to start the fourth quarter and picked up a first down with a 10 yard run on his first play. He and Jefferson split reps the rest of the drive, but Hornsby finished it off with his first career touchdown on a six yard run
Ty'Kieast Crawford and Jalen St. John both entered on the offensive line with Kendal Catalon and John David White entering at wideout for Arkansas in the fourth quarter
Freshman RB Javion Hunt made his Arkansas debut in the fourth quarter with an 11 yard run
John Stephen Jones saw his first snaps of the season for Arkansas late in the fourth quarter
UP NEXT

The Razorbacks will step outside the friendly confines of Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for the first time and begin SEC play next Saturday, September 25 in the Southwest Classic against No. 7 Texas A&M from AT&T Stadium in Arlington (Texas). Kickoff time is set for 2:30 p.m. CT, and the game will be broadcast on CBS.
After facing the Aggies next weekend, Arkansas will head to Athens for its first true road game of the season the following weekend when they face No. 2 Georgia. Kickoff time and broadcast information will be announced in the coming days.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Next Opponent Texas A&M

The Aggie fans are just like the Texas Longhorn fans in that they think just because they have had better recruiting the past several years that the Razorbacks won't be able to hang around with them. Statistically they would be correct. If you watched the Arkansas vs Texas game you would've seen the Razorbacks OWN the Longhorns like a stepchild. The aggie fans say that Texas is overrated and the hogs beat a bad team. What with top ten 5 star recruits every year? Little ole Arkie put a beatdown on those 5 stars with supposedly a better more experienced head coach????

Whatever aggie fans. You can talk all you want to. We prefer it that way to make our win that much sweeter.

The Razorbacks are the underdogs. I think around 6 to 7 point underdogs on a neutral field. Jerry's World, home of the Dallas Cowboys.

Win or lose the Razorbacks will be ready. They will fight. They will not quit. They will play with heart and emotion. If the aggies play like we don't matter, they will pay a huge price.

The Razorbacks aren't perfect. They have their problems like every team does. There is plenty to fix which they are working on. They can lose just as easy as they can win. The Razorbacks are hungry for victories. They believe they can win every game they play.

This will be the Razorbacks first real SEC game to gauge how far they've come. Both teams are 3-0. With a win against A&M would solidify the Hogs as contenders in the SEC. It could put them in the top ten before going to Georgia. First they must take care of business against A&M.

Right now I have a great feeling that my Hogs are gonna win. I won't guess the score or yards gained. I will just enjoy the game for what it is as a fan.

Link

Link

Link

Link
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Coach Pittman Interview

Link
https://twitter.com/i/status/1440515803325943809 Image

https://twitter.com/i/status/1440329977916899343 Image

NEXT YEAR SCHEDULE. PRETTY COOL. https://twitter.com/i/status/1440461239390380038 https://twitter.com/i/status/1439984247998230537 Image

I won't say it. I might hurt their feelings. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA https://twitter.com/i/status/1439952543707275271
Hogville.net (3-0 Hogs, #16 AP; #18 CP) Retweeted
DillonBoar
@delrod54
·
Sep 19
A TEXAS A&M football player was almost killed in a tragic horseback-riding accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death. Thank God the manager of the K-Mart came out and unplugged it. Rolling on the floor laughing
https://twitter.com/i/status/1439922520065548288
Arkansas
Andrew Hutchinson
@NWAHutch
·
5h
List of FBS teams that have five different players with 100+ rushing yards so far this season…

Arkansas.

That’s it. That’s the list.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ARKANSAS VS TEXAS A&M PREVIEW

ARKANSAS VS TEXAS A&M PREVIEW
https://sportstalksec.com/2021/09/23/ar ... m-preview/
Posted on September 23, 2021 by secsportstalk11 Leave a comment

Photo by Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports

OVERVIEW:
Arkansas (16) vs Texas A&M (7) will meet in AT&T stadium for the Southwest Classic in a pivotal top 20 SEC West matchup. Notably,
the Aggies ride into this game boasting a 9 win streak against the Hogs, however, most matchups over the past decade have been very close.

ARKANSAS OUTLOOK:
Arkansas is spearheaded by a multidimensional run game offensively and solid veteran defense. The Hogs are going to look to stop the run early and to put pressure on Zach Calzada. filling in for an injured Haynes King. Diamonds are formed with pressure and this will be a true testament to how good this Arkansas team really is.
The running game for this Arkansas team is no secret; there is a reason they are top 10 in the country for rushing yards. The game against Texas earlier in the season only put an exclamation point on how deep the Arkansas backfield is. The Hogs ran for 333 yards while not having a single player rush over 100 yards. Trelon Smith, Dominique Johnson, Rocket Sanders, AJ Green, KJ Jefferson, and Malik Hornsby all contributed to that total while having a 15+ yard rush each.
The biggest question on this Arkansas offense is what happens when the run game is stopped? With Coach Sam Pittman’s background as an O-Line coach. It is no surprise that Arkansas is able to rush for over 280 yards per game. The passing offense has looked a bit shaky at times, but reliable.

This is arguably the biggest game sophomore quarterback KJ Jefferson will have played in, especially away from Fayetteville. KJ has shown a bit of everything so far in his early career; he has the ability to load up and throw a tight spiraling deep ball while still able to make plays with his legs. KJ has the explosiveness and weapons needed to be an elite quarterback, but at times this year he has looked a bit shaky. I expect A&M to try to keep the Hogs running game in check.
Defensively, Arkansas showcases a solid unit capable of containing high powered offenses in every form. The Arkansas run defense is unforgiving to say the least. Grant Morgan and Jalen Catalon set the tone and simply just get it done. Elite Texas RB Bijan Robinson was held to just 69 yards on the matchup earlier in the season. With A&M’s offensive line woes, I don’t look for Spiller or Achane to have a big day. Defensive coordinator Barry Odom is as good of a coordinator as anyone in the country, and I expect a heavy box all game forcing the inexperienced Calzada to come through for A&M.

TEXAS A&M OUTLOOK:
This game is very winnable for A&M if the offense can alleviate pressure off of Zach Calzada and stop the mind numbing Arkansas rushing attack. The Aggies defense is headlined by highly touted names. such as DeMarvin Leal and Leon O’Neal, while having Isaiah Spiller, Devon Achane, Jalen Wydermyer, and Ainias Smith to set the offensive tone. Based off of pure star power Arkansas is outmatched, but if Calzada can’t get the ball in their hands it will not matter.

I expect Arkansas to bring a great amount of pressure, which will leave their achilles heel from the 2020 matchup Jalen Wydermyer in the one on one situations he thrives in. The Aggies bolster one of the best backfields not only in the SEC, but in the entire country. Isaiah Spiller and Devon Achane have rushed for 453 yards with only 70 carries averaging an eye popping 6.5 YPC.

The Aggie defense is no doubt an elite unit, allowing the fewest points per game in the country. Are they ready for SEC offenses? They not only have the fewest allowed PPG and also the number 1 passing defense in the country, but how are the Aggies allowing 162 rushing yards per game with opponents such as Kent St. Colorado, and New Mexico?

THE NITTY-GRITTY:
Once again, I cannot emphasize enough that this game will be won at the line of scrimmage. Both rushing offenses will be crucial in leaving Arlington with a win. Arkansas is expected to be without All-SEC center Ricky Stromberg and Dalton Wagner, but with Pittman’s O-Line prowess the Hogs are loaded with talent. The Aggies impact player Ainias Smith suffered an undisclosed injury last week in the New Mexico game, but is expected to play Saturday.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

I honestly can’t lean one way or another on the offensive edge. A&M has the bigger names, but the Hogs are deeper with a better offensive line. I think it will be a tight game all the way to the end, but attrition will set in and Arkansas will squeak by in a nailbiter.

BETTING LINES:
The current line for the game has Arkansas as +5.5 with an over/under of 47.5. Past contests have shown this will be a high scoring game so I’m pretty favorable on the over. I have already locked in the Arkansas ML!
PREDICTION: Arkansas 31 Texas A&M 28

Woo Pig Sooie Written by Devon Sexton

https://katv.com/sports/hog-central/bru ... 09-23-2021

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/ ... -10611591/

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Catfish Corner with Coach Sam Pittman

FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Sam Pittman announced this week that former walk-on receiver Warren Thompson was placed on scholarship.

Speaking during his weekly radio show Wednesday night at the Catfish Hole restaurant, Pittman said Thompson earned his financial aid well before his 60-yard touchdown reception during the third quarter of last weekend’s 45-10 victory over Georgia Southern.

“He got a scholarship right before school started,” Pittman said. “I told him in fall camp, ‘I will not give you a scholarship until you toughen up and block somebody.’ I knew he could catch and knew he could run routes, but that’s half of it. He started blocking better and he knocked a couple of guys down at practice, and I called him into my office.

“I wanted to give him a scholarship. That’s the beauty of being a head coach; you understand people’s financial background and different things. You want to help them, but you want them to earn it.”

ADVERTISING

Pittman indicated Thompson is one of multiple good blockers in the Razorbacks’ receiving corps. Pittman said the group’s blocking improved after the Texas game, when some field goals were the result of receivers missing blocks downfield on plays that would have otherwise been touchdowns.

“A good blocker has to be a willing blocker,” Pittman said. “He has to want to do that to begin with. (Receivers coach Kenny) Guiton has done a nice job and the kids have done a nice job, because they understand it’s a huge part of the game.”

Outside blocking was key to the Razorbacks’ longest play against Georgia Southern, a 91-yard touchdown reception by Treylon Burks, who caught the ball at the line of scrimmage. Pittman said tight end Blake Kern and receiver Tyson Morris made the key blocks to spring Burks.

“The blocking made the difference,” Pittman said. “If they miss the block, it’s a 2-yard gain.”

Pittman said the offense’s best play this year was the result of blocking receivers — a 30-yard touchdown run by Raheim “Rocket” Sanders during the win over Texas.

“Tyson Morris made the block,” Pittman said, “and when Rocket went by him you would have thought (Morris) scored the touchdown because of how excited he was. That’s when you’ve got the team.”

Blocking, primarily along the line of scrimmage, will be the key to Saturday’s matchup between the No. 16 Razorbacks and No. 7 Texas A&M in Arlington, Texas.

“I think that’s going to be the tale of the game, to be honest with you,” Pittman said. “Who can whip who?

“You’re going to lose a few battles on both sides of the ball, but it’s going to be about who can sustain it for 60 minutes, and who can make a play when you’ve got to make a play. I like how our guys have played all year, so I don’t know why we would be concerned about that Saturday.”

The Aggies (3-0) feature one of the nation’s best defensive lines. And although Texas A&M had to replace four offensive line starters from a year ago, Pittman is well aware of the Aggies’ potential in that area.

“I know they’ve got some good offensive linemen because they beat me when I was trying to recruit them over to Georgia,” Pittman said. “They’re not as experienced up there, but a lot of talent.”

Pittman’s own offensive line has question marks entering the game. Center Ricky Stromberg (knee) and tackle Dalton Wagner (back) left the Georgia Southern game with injuries and neither practiced through the first two days this week.

Pittman did not address either injury, but addressed the offensive line’s solid play without them in the second half of the Georgia Southern game, when only left tackle Myron Cunningham played in the same position that he started the game.

Starting right guard Beaux Limmer played left guard; starting left guard Brady Latham moved to right tackle; and Ty Clary and Luke Jones played center and right guard, respectively. Clary also spent time playing guard and tackle.

“I don’t think the fans noticed any difference and that’s the key,” Pittman said. “You have to be ready.”

Cunningham, who along with defensive tackle Isaiah Nichols was one of two players featured on Wednesday’s show, said various offensive-line groupings are confident.

“Whether or not…Brady has played a lot at right tackle or Ty at center or whatever, I have tremendous confidence in them whenever they step out on the field with me,” Cunningham said.

The offensive line played well throughout the Georgia Southern game, Pittman said. He said the happiest moment was when the Razorbacks’ second-team defense forced the Eagles’ final punt, and Arkansas’ second-team offense kept the ball for the game’s final 5:37.

“We’ve been able to milk the 40-second clock and stay on the football field,” Pittman said.

Arkansas’ offense averaged 12 yards per play on first down Saturday, inflated a bit because the long touchdown passes to Burks and Thompson — as well as a 47-yard pass to Morris on the Razorbacks’ first offensive snap — came on that down.

Burks’ and Morris’ catches came one play following a punt, but Thompson’s was set up because of the previous play, a pass from KJ Jefferson to De'Vion Warren on third-and-5.

“We’re so cognizant of first down,” Pittman said. “Our offense knows if we can get the first first down, we can get in octane, we can start rolling. I say if we can win first down we can stay on the field, and we’ve proven that much better this year.”

First downs have also been key on defense, Pittman said. Opponents are converting on just 27.7% of their third downs against Arkansas. The Razorbacks' third-down defense rate is third best in the SEC and 14th nationally.

“Our defense right now is getting teams behind the chains early, which for us would be three yards or less on first down,” Pittman said. “We’re getting a better pass rush and that’s making it more difficult…for them to stay on the field for their offense.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Importance of this game

What the Texas A&M and Arkansas showdown means for both programs
ByISAAC TROTTER Sep 21, 8:05 PM
x
Texas A&M has a date with top-ranked Alabama looming on Oct. 9, but Paul Finebaum believes that they cannot overlook the matchup with No. 16 Arkansas on Saturday. Finebaum was asked if he thinks Texas A&M has a shot at the College Football Playoff right now.

“Well right now, I’m not certain of that; they lost their quarterback Haynes King in the Colorado game and they barely beat Colorado,” Finebaum said on ESPN Radio. “Their backup quarterback (Zach Calzada) he won that game for them but this is really their season. Everyone in College Station has been pointing toward the Alabama game as the end all, be all. Last year, it was their only loss, a 28-point loss that kept them out of the College Football Playoff.

“But if they don’t survive this game, they’re really going to be in a free fall. And Arkansas is just this unsung team that nobody gave any credit to. They were 3-7 last year. It seemed like they were a lot better than that but they blew some games at the end. The year before that, they didn’t win a single conference game. In the second year under Sam Pittman, a coach that was on no one’s list, this is a career offensive line coach who was at Georgia. You’d have never thrown his name in any search. He got this job. He’s won this state over.”

Arkansas’ big-time 40-21 win over Texas reinvigorated the program and showed that Pittman and the Razorbacks are legit.

They gave Steve Sarkisian a not-so-nice early welcome to the SEC. The Arkansas faithful stormed the field after the game. The SEC handed Arkansas a $100,000 fine for the field rush, but Yurachek didn’t seem too worried about it.

“It’s just a special day,” Arkansas athletic director Hunter Yurachek said on Full Ride on ESPNU Radio. “Obviously, our football program over the past three, four, five years has been through several lows, as have our fans, our student-athletes and our athletic director. Then Saturday, we play our biggest rival, I mean, our rivalry with Texas goes back to the late 1800s. We’ve played them almost 100 times. We remember the Southwest Conference times. They hadn’t been in Fayetteville in decades. There was a lot building towards this game. Sam Pittman, last year in his first year, gave us a lot of hope, winning 3 SEC games. As we approached that Texas game, we had our first sellout. A record crowd. We had so much emotion. I don’t think our fans sat down for four straight quarters especially when they jumped the fence to get onto the field and celebrate with our team. It was just a special night for Arkansans.”

But Finebaum believes a win over Texas A&M could vault Arkansas to new heights. It's another measuring stick game for Arkansas while shaping up to be a must-win for Texas A&M.

“Beating Texas is one thing,” Finebaum said. “Beating Texas a&M is another level. I think Texas A&M’s season is on the line. I talked to coach Jimbo Fisher yesterday. You can tell he’s not thrilled with the play of his team but he keeps getting contract extensions. But this game is critical for him. This is not a game that he looked at before the season and said, ‘I have to wry about winning this game.’ Now he does.”

King could be back sooner rather than later as he recovers from a leg injury, but for now, Calzada has to step up big.

Get the fastest scores, stats, news, LIVE videos, and more. CLICK HERE to download the CBS Sports Mobile App and get the latest on your team today.

"He could be back mid-to-late October but by then, it may not matter," Finebaum said about King. "If they lose this game and then the Alabama game, he can come back and lead them to a nice bowl game but they’re not playing for any championships."

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

The Hog Pod with Bo Mattingly

Below links are really good interviews with 3 different Razorbacks. Good stories about their path to Arkansas. Sorry no video,

https://thehogpod.libsyn.com/127-trelon ... right-path
https://thehogpod.libsyn.com/128-hayden ... amily-ties
https://thehogpod.libsyn.com/129-brett- ... ing-a-role
https://twitter.com/i/status/1441195543766581248 Pittman: Saturday's Going To Be A Physical Game

Link https://twitter.com/i/status/1441200840925016068

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Referee's for the game

Oh yea I forgot the refereeing in SEC games. Many times Arkansas has been cheated out of winning certain games. No calls on the other team, too many calls on Arkansas. Horrible calls that should've been fixed by the review officials but weren't. This could be a tougher game than I thought after remembering a few calls that stopped our momentum, changed possession, or allowed the other team to run out the clock.

For this reason if the Hogs don't totally dominate them and score several TD's ahead of them. I fear a close game will be determined by the refs. Guess who they will be pulling for? You got it. The aggies has the darling advantage of winning a close game this year since they are projected to to be in the national championship game. Win the SEC West as well as the SECT.

Arkansas is not projected to win the SEC West or SECT. So by beating the aggies would mean possibly losing their darling team from the national championship playoff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Why can't the refs get it right? All the time especially when one could change the outcome or have some bearing on the outcome. If during game time they don't get it right then by all means get it right then make the correct call. Change the outcome based on a bad call that allowed the team to run out the clock in two to three downs. Finding out you made the wrong call later on doesn't do anything for the team that lost because of that call.

I am rooting for the Hogs to totally dominate and outscore the aggies by at least 3 TD's. If they can win by more than that then so be it. Do it!

DRESSED FOR BUSINESS IN DALLAS. HEADING TO THE JERRY'S WORLD. https://twitter.com/i/status/1441531735246839809 Image

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441420116558692358 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441545646003998722 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441485085707063296

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

10 Things To Know – Texas A&M

No. 16 Arkansas plays its first game away from Fayetteville this season as it travels to AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas for the Southwest Classic against No. 7 Texas A&M at 2:30 p.m. CT on Saturday, Sept. 25. The game will air on CBS.

10 Things to Know – Texas A&M

1. – Behind 633 yards of total offense, the eighth-most in a single-game in program history, Arkansas rolled to a 45-10 rout of Georgia Southern last weekend. The Hogs improved to 3-0 for the first time since 2016 and 3-0 when winning each game by at least 15 points for the first time since 1998. Arkansas is attempting to start a season 4-0 for the first time since 2003 with wins over Tulsa (45-13), Texas (38-28), North Texas (31-7) and Alabama (34-31).

2. – The Razorbacks wrapped up a three-game homestand at DWRRS to open the season last week. It has been quite some time since Arkansas played its first three games of a season in Fayetteville, 88 years in fact. The 1933 also team did so defeating the College of the Ozarks (40-0), Oklahoma Baptist (42-7) and TCU 13-0, outscoring its opposition by a combined 95-7. Head coach Fred Thompson’s Hogs finished the year 7-3-1 and 4-1 in the Southwest Conference.

3. – For the second consecutive week and the 419th time in program history, the Razorbacks have been ranked in the AP Poll, this time at No. 16. Prior to 2021, Arkansas was last ranked in the 2016 season, when the team earned a top 25 spot six times. This year’s Hogs have already equaled the 2016 squad’s highest ranking of 16th. In 2016, No. 16 Arkansas fell to No. 1 Alabama 49-30.

4. – The Arkansas rushing attack is one of the best in the country this season, averaging 282.3 yards per game on the ground to rank eighth-best nationally. Last week the Hogs posted 269 rushing yards without a 100-yard individual rusher as nine different players carried the ball. Dominque Johnson, Trelon Smith and Malik Hornsby each scored a rushing touchdown, marking the first time Arkansas has logged three or more rushing touchdowns in three straight games since 2014. Arkansas is one of five FBS teams (Army, Baylor, Florida and Michigan) to rush for 240 or more yards on three occasions this season.

5. – Smith and Johnson are tied for the team-lead scoring three touchdowns each. Both backs scored a touchdown in of the first three games, becoming the first Hogs to record rushing scores in each of the first three games of a season since De’Arrius Howard and Cedric Cobbs in 2003. In total, six different Razorbacks (Smith, Johnson, KJ Jefferson, Raheim Sanders, AJ Green and Hornsby) have scored at least one time, recording 11 touchdowns this season to rank tied for fifth in FBS.

6. – QB KJ Jefferson had a day to remember against the Eagles, throwing for a career-high 366 yards and tying his career-mark with three touchdown tosses. Austin Allen was the last Hog to toss for over 360 yards when he recorded 400 against Alabama in 2016. Jefferson became one of only five FBS quarterbacks to accrue over 365 passing yards on 13 or fewer completions since 2000.

FBS Quarterbacks to Throw for Over 365 Yards on 13 or Fewer Completions

Player School Date Opponent Completions Attempts Yards
Griffin Goodman Arizona State 2000-10-07 Cal 11 28 394
John Welsh Idaho 2000-09-30 Montana State 13 22 385
Kaleb Eleby Western Michigan 2020-11-18 Central Michigan 12 20 382
Justin McMillan Tulane 2018-11-10 East Carolina 12 28 372
KJ Jefferson Arkansas 2021-09-18 Georgia Southern 13 23 366
7. – WR Treylon Burks showed why he is one of the most highly touted receivers in the nation by totaling 127 receiving yards with a touchdown on just three receptions. He teamed up with Jefferson for a 91-yard TD reception, the second-longest scoring pass play in school history. Only Richard Smith’s 92-yard scoring grab from Matt Jones in 2002 against Tennessee was longer. Burks and the Razorbacks are one of only three FBS teams (Alabama and Louisville) to have a pass play of 90 or more yards this year.

8. – Center Ricky Stromberg earned the Razorbacks first SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week nod since Dan Skipper in 2016. For the season, Pro Football Focus grades Stromberg as the SEC’s top center, earning an offensive grade of 77.3.

9. – Defensively, Arkansas held Georgia Southern to 233 total yards of offense, bringing the team’s average to 263.0 yards allowed per game, the 17th-best mark nationally. The unit’s 16.0 points per game allowed ranks 27th nationally and fifth in the SEC in scoring defense. Third downs have been especially important for the Hogs this season, as Arkansas is surrendering just a 27.7% conversion rate, 16th best in the country. LB Bumper Pool’s 30 tackles lead the team with DB Jalen Catalon (28), LB Hayden Henry (24), LB Grant Morgan (20) and DB Joe Foucha (18) rounding out the top five.

10. – Arkansas leads the all-time series against Texas A&M 41-33-3, but have dropped the last nine meetings. Last season, the Aggies defeated the Hogs 42-31 in College Station, the first game in the series to be played away from AT&T Stadium since 2013. The Razorbacks last win against TAMU was on Oct. 1, 2011, a 42-38 victory in Arlington.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

NO. 7 TEXAS A&M VS. NO. 16 ARKANSAS IN ARLINGTON, TEXAS

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/ ... 71604622_3

Latest Line: Texas A&M by 5.5
Why it’s upset-worthy: This is one of those where enough people are picking an upset that it almost makes one hesitate. Even so, it’s easy to see why. Arkansas has been feisty under Sam Pittman and wasn’t far from a breakout season last year. The Razorbacks have turned that into a confident, competent bunch this year that thrives on physicality — just ask Texas. Arkansas came out with its hair on fire in that one and overwhelmed the Longhorns with their physicality. Texas A&M is a more physical challenge — the Aggies are better built up front at this point than the Longhorns are. But Texas A&M hasn’t quite been lights out on offense, and this could be a close game throughout.

Commentator Gary Danielson joined CBS Sports HQ and praised Texas A&M’s defense.

"They are experienced," Danielson said. "They may have the best defensive line combo in the league. Their defensive coordinator Mike Elko has an M.O. that everyone who does one of his games knows — he loves to blitz. He doesn't blitz a lot leaving his corners on islands by themselves. But he takes the zone blitz to many, many levels ... it'll be a handful. They have guys all over the field that make plays and their secondary has veteran players. They have a lot of confidence. The year they had last year made them think they are contenders this year, and I think that is right.

"Now, they have not played great competition offensively,” Danielson said. “Colorado is a pretty good defensive team. Losing the quarterback (Haynes King) that game got them kind of off-balance. But defensively ... when you are watching the tape — and again, you measure it with who they are playing — it is probably top of the line right now."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441492857492164610 Image
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Our Razorbacks Arrival

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441823512792997893
Doesn't the Pitt Boss Hog look ready for business! A sharp looking man. Yessiiiiiir!

Razorback fans painting it RED baby!
[img]tps://pbs.twimhtg.com/media/FADsObTXoAEPsFC?format=jpg&name=large[/img]
https://twitter.com/i/status/1441795135143038980 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441791843604172806 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441792249830985732 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441784289658646530 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441778321755303939 Image
Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1441838375846170625

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Final posts Before GAME TIME!

Welp. Here we go. Time to shine. Time to face adversity and smash it in the mouth. Our coaches are ready. Our players are ready. Our fans are ready. Jerry's world is gonna be special this time around for the Razorbacks. They tired of losing. Tired of being made fun of. Tired of being disrespected. Hungry for winning and winning big time games.

Win or lose the Razorback Nation is proud of them. They proud because they fight for each other. Fight for the coaches. Fight for the fans. Especially fight for the state of Arkansas. If there was any time the Hogs could make an enormous impact in the SEC as well as the national stage of NCAA football. This team right here has the tools to do it.

It has been a decade of ups and downs. Down so far the SEC was embarrassed we were in the SEC. The fans were embarrassed to be fans. I'm sure the players must have felt lost and insecure in every way. Some left the team and others rescinded their letters of intent. We were down lower than ever in program history.

Now you see a different team. A team that a head coach wants to make great by bringing in great coordinators and recruiters. He knew the players on the team he adopted and recruited were capable of great things. All they needed was someone to care about them and show them and lead them to the right place in the right way.

As you can see, by all the fans showing up at games that there is a renewed excitement in the program that Pittman built. He's only just begun. Year number two. The start of SEC play. Get ready folks for some high flying, hard hitting, fast running, smash mouth football. Don't blink or you might miss something special.

Go RAZORBACKS BEAT the Aggies!
Go WARRIORS Beat the Aggies!

Possibly a Twofer in the making. How sweet it will be!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441832373948010502 Image
Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1441844323713110021 Image https://twitter.com/i/status/1441844435386523648 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441851163075301388

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

WOW, Just WOW! Arkansas Wins 20 - 10

WOW! Am I dreaming? This feels like a movie in the making. Incredible turn around from seasons past. How much longer will this dream last? I hope it never stops.

Anyway enjoy the videos, updates and other stuff I can find.

Before I forget. Saturday was a twofer day for Hawaii and Arkansas winning their games and covering or beating the spread.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1442231431162314752 https://twitter.com/i/status/1442187938075267073 https://twitter.com/i/status/1442213589402726403 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441921405298356225 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441908643943702534 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441902787344809987 Image
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Footage

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441987080511500289 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441903777645268992

Link

Link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441934245308497927 https://twitter.com/i/status/1441954031337832448 https://twitter.com/i/status/1442239008185061382

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Sam Pittman after Razorbacks knock off Aggies for first time in nine years