Did anyone else see it?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Did anyone else see it?

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

When the AirForce Fullback scored a touchdown he kicked a Hawaii player on the ground right in front of the ref, then on another touchdown the player went and shook someone's hand in the crowd again in front of a ref...It seems like other teams get away with this more than we do

BigWave96744

Re: Did anyone else see it?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Watch so many BCS teams score TD, then rush to the sidelines to high 5 fans and get helmet hugs and slaps in return. ZERO flags thrown. Hawaii is definitely getting robbed by the zebras

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Hawaii plays in the Mountain West which means most of the teams have Mormons. I thought that shaking hands by Dru Brown did not warrant a flag and neither did the dance in the end zone but Rolo set it straight and said they were both excessive celebrations according to the MWC. Since then the team adapted and give the ball to the ref and play according to the rules. As far as stepping on a UH player, someone came in and shoved the fullback off of the Hawaii player. I think the zebras did not call anything because it was a sneaky foul. Nobody lost their cool and guess who had the last laugh?

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Knock on wood ... but the Warriors have not been making stupid unsportsman like penalties. Dru being penalized for shaking kids hands was weak (by the refs), but he learned from it.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

The thing is, I see celebration and show-boating go on all the time in NCAAF. It's rarely called by the refs. More often, it's taunting that gets a flag. Hawaii is just unlucky. We just get to experience less of the fun that this game should tolerate. Anyway, I still prefer watching a well executed play over a player celebrating.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hawaii must have some sort of reputation where the refs are watching the Warriors more than the opponents.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.