Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Looks like longshot for KT to return

Post by Grinch »

ST808,
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there anything anyone can do?
The administration should at least consider giving KT another chance to prove that he's learned from this nightmare and is willing to be a model student-athlete.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote:
Makana wrote:
My point for mentioning my arrest is that the bail was so small compared to KT's that KT may have done more than what you have read. You know who gets $20k bails....drug dealers, and if KT's crime is comparable (which it is) then a dismissal from the team fit the punishment. And like I said, no matter what, there's no one to blame but KT himself for putting himself in this position whether he's innocent or guilty of the crime it doesn't matter.
Jeez...now you're comparing KT to a drug dealer.
Makana wrote: whether he's innocent or guilty of the crime it doesn't matter.
LOLLzzz. Oh, really?

Eyewitnesses were quoted as saying the whole initial incident was blown way out of proportion. The crime he's being kicked off the team for is punching his girlfriend's dashboard during a prior argument. It was very unlucky that an expensive piece of useless technical garbage was damaged (a navigator). All one need do in Hawaii is flip an index card from Mauka to Makai when crossing the mountains. The damage to the dashboard doo-hickey didn't even matter until a month later when KT made head lines. So yeah, I'd say the punishment does not match the crime.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Reading comprehension fail.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote:
SundayJam wrote:
Makana wrote:
My point for mentioning my arrest is that the bail was so small compared to KT's that KT may have done more than what you have read. You know who gets $20k bails....drug dealers, and if KT's crime is comparable (which it is) then a dismissal from the team fit the punishment. And like I said, no matter what, there's no one to blame but KT himself for putting himself in this position whether he's innocent or guilty of the crime it doesn't matter.
Makana wrote: whether he's innocent or guilty of the crime it doesn't matter.
LOLLzzz. Oh, really?

Eyewitnesses were quoted as saying the whole initial incident was blown way out of proportion. The crime he's being kicked off the team for is punching his girlfriend's dashboard during a prior argument. It was very unlucky that an expensive piece of useless technical garbage was damaged (a navigator). All one need do in Hawaii is flip an index card from Mauka to Makai when crossing the mountains. The damage to the dashboard doo-hickey didn't even matter until a month later when KT made head lines. So yeah, I'd say the punishment does not match the crime.

When one cannot present a reasonable argument, he drops a one-liner to explain his incomprehensible nonsense. Of course comprehension failed! Edit: okay, maybe that was a bit too harsh. What most fail to consider is that comprehension is the responsibility of the writer. Now, when you say that a bail of 20,000, which is the same as that of a drug dealer, is proof that the expulsion of KT from the team is just...I beg to disagree. You were given little or no bail because no one cared about you. If you say that Kennedy's guilt or innocence is irrelevant, I begin to question your reasoning. I'm sorry for calling you out on this.

Again, I wholeheartedly dismiss the treatment KT has been given by the public, media, storm troopers, legal system, and administration. This kid should've been given counseling...not derision.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Uhhmmm...the storm troopers are the police.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Sadly, KT's return is unlikely given the myopic, headline-driven, obsession of our fans and administration.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote:
Makana wrote:
SundayJam wrote:

LOLLzzz. Oh, really?

When one cannot present a reasonable argument, he drops a one-liner to explain his incomprehensible nonsense. Of course comprehension failed! Edit: okay, maybe that was a bit too harsh. What most fail to consider is that comprehension is the responsibility of the writer. Now, when you say that a bail of 20,000, which is the same as that of a drug dealer, is proof that the expulsion of KT from the team is just...I beg to disagree. You were given little or no bail because no one cared about you. If you say that Kennedy's guilt or innocence is irrelevant, I begin to question your reasoning. I'm sorry for calling you out on this.

Again, I wholeheartedly dismiss the treatment KT has been given by the public, media, storm troopers, legal system, and administration. This kid should've been given counseling...not derision.
When one cannot present a reasonable argument, oh please.

First you continue to ignore and admit that no one put himself in this situation but him no one to blame but himself. Second, I didn't compare him to a drug dealer only compared his bail to a drug dealers bail, see the difference....of course you don't, hence the reason for my one-liner.

80 other kids can manage to keep their noses clean why can't Kennedy? Would you say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I have to say no if he's a repeat offender.

Did Colorado give Colt Brennan a second chance after his incident, absolutely not even though there was a lack of evidence.

Agree to disagree, I would if you knew what the whole argument was about....anyway I'm done with you, moving on.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote:Sadly, KT's return is unlikely given the myopic, headline-driven, obsession of our fans and administration.
Yah that's right blame our fans. SMFH @ this post.

Seriously build a bridge why don't you.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote:
First you continue to ignore and admit that no one put himself in this situation but him no one to blame but himself. Second, I didn't compare him to a drug dealer only compared his bail to a drug dealers bail, see the difference....of course you don't, hence the reason for my one-liner.

80 other kids can manage to keep their noses clean why can't Kennedy? Would you say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I have to say no if he's a repeat offender.

Did Colorado give Colt Brennan a second chance after his incident, absolutely not even though there was a lack of evidence.
Kennedy is not a repeat offender. Neither is he perfect. None of us are. However, I see no need to railroad him based on a trumped up situation. The legal system clearly gave you a break when you ran amok. Why wouldn't they do the same for a seemingly victimless crime? From what I gather, KT and his girlfriend were sh**y neighbors. They fought. They were loud. I gather that Kennedy has humbly accepted everything that the system has thrown at him. He probably can't speak up or the charges will become greater. It's oppression in my eyes. Imagine, if he says anything, they'll stain his lifetime with a felony...of course, it's already recorded in the news.

Again, I don't know Kennedy. I don't care if he plays for Hawaii again. I don't. I only want to express my outrage at the treatment of someone who stepped up for the team. Why is it okay to rehabilitate the scum from other programs and turn a blind eye to one of our own who had interpersonal problems? I don't get it.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This issue has outlived its life. Everything that can be said has already been said. This issue should be closed.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:To be clear: No domestic abuse charges have been made. When it became clear that nothing would come of this law enforcement created situation, a different crime was fabricated. As an outside observer, I see nothing but smoke, mirrors and sensationalism. I get that his relationship was noisy and that he pissed off his neighbors on more than one occasion. From my point of view, getting help for this young leader of the team would have been a more appropriate action by the school.

When I google dashboard navigators...I can see how unfortunate it was that this young man chose to vent his anger on the wrong object. However, one must really consider criminal intent here. Why anyone in Hawaii would need a navigator is beyond me.

Again, good luck KT.
Don't let this b.s. be the end of you.
Become the better for it whether on the field or off of it.
it doesnt matter what the charges were (though yes, its still DV in the case of the property damage because of whose property it was). what matters is that all of this is framed as DV and the university cant afford to give KT a second chance simply because in todays era, its goign to look like UH doesnt care about DV victims. period. whether or not KT is truly a domestic abuser, its irrelevant, because he screwed up.

lets be 100% honest. if he wasnt our best defensive player, none of you would care OR give him the benefit of the doubt. period. dont even act like you would.
SundayJam wrote: He's a kid who let his emotions get the better of him.
no he isnt. hes a grown man who should have known better than to throw a temper tantrum in his girlfriend's dad's car, and if he's get mental health issues, he shouldnt be anywhere near a football team anyways.
you guy's act like he's Lenny from Of Mice and Men.
Grinch wrote:When I was that age, I did alot of stupid things.
i dont understand how this excuses anything?

"I screwed up so its ok if other people do"? no. you got lucky to get a second chance. it doesnt mean it was ever owed to you.

We've all done stupid things. that doesnt mean it gives everyone else a pass in their own screwups. you can empathize with him, but it doesnt mean he should automatically receive a second chance, remoresfulness or not.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I never said he should be excused. I'm just saying for me, I'm grateful that I was given a second chance. That's all. He doesn't deserve anything. But I would like to see him change from this and become a better human being.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

xer 21 wrote: whether or not KT is truly a domestic abuser, its irrelevant, because he screwed up.

lets be 100% honest. if he wasnt our best defensive player, none of you would care OR give him the benefit of the doubt. period. dont even act like you would.
Of course we care about one of our own. He was a true, blue chip athlete who chose to stay home and play for us. He put in the work both on and off the field and it showed on game day. He also struck me as being an extremely well spoken team leader. What a shame he got railroaded the way he was.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Link

Link

Political correctness gone wrong.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

SundayJam wrote:
xer 21 wrote: whether or not KT is truly a domestic abuser, its irrelevant, because he screwed up.

Of course we care about one of our own. He was a true, blue chip athlete who chose to stay home and play for us. He put in the work both on and off the field and it showed on game day. He also struck me as being an extremely well spoken team leader. What a shame he got railroaded the way he was.
he didnt get railroaded. this is 100% his own fault. there isnt anything shady going on here. that's the point.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

xer 21 wrote: he didnt get railroaded. this is 100% his own fault. there isnt anything shady going on here. that's the point.
It's all shady. The university, almost as a policy, overlooks criminal acts by recruits that aren't wanted by other programs, but we reject one of our own on trumped up charges?!!!! Come on!!! He broke his girlfriend's dashboard navigator in an argument so we should kick him out school? What's more, this was an unreported incident prior to the bogus DV charge. In other words, the property damage didn't really matter to the family concerned until it became newsworthy.

Kennedy was railroaded.