Looks like longshot for KT to return

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Looks like longshot for KT to return

Post by Irse »

Interim Vice Chancellor Lori Ideta recently turned down Tulimasealii’s request to rescind the dismissal or convert it into a suspension, making it unlikely he will play for the Rainbow Warriors again.
Lassner is his last chance
Premium content
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2016/10/1 ... to-return/
ImageImage

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Looks like longshot for KT to return

Post by Grinch »

I think it's a crock of (bleep). I hope the Chancellor reviews the appeal and rescinds the dismissal.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UH can do whatever they want because of their athlete's code of ethics. Especially after they put out this message as a PSA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Gf0aWTCG4
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Would have been nice if they gave him another shot.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

She's just following the rules.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

RedZone wrote:She's just following the rules.

Not really, KT didn't plead guilty, no contest, or was convicted. By the rules, he can have a second chance.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I believe in following rules, but in this case KT requested and got a deferral ... if he stays out of trouble for the time set it's wiped from his record. More importantly, shouldn't we be educating our students and bettering them as human beings? IF, if, KT has taken responsibility and is willing to change his ways - the university has an opportunity to help make him a better person ... who can then help others avoid what he was doing.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

kt did wrong and it will follow him the rest of his life. however:

hawaii revised statutes, section 5-7.5 "aloha spirit"

" (b) In exercising their power on behalf of the people and in fulfillment of their responsibilities, obligations and service to the people, the legislature, governor, lieutenant governor, executive officers of each department, the chief justice, associate justices, and judges of the appellate, circuit, and district courts may contemplate and reside with the life force and give consideration of the “Aloha Spirit”. "

the u.h. is committed to providing a forum for positive change and improvement for all students. according to hawaii revised statutes the u.h. is allowed to consider and join with the "aloha spirit" when making life altering decisions of its students and athletes.

kt is young enough to learn and benefit from an extension of codified "aloha spirit". allowing him to remain in classes at the u.h. and to rejoin the team, in light of his deferral, is at the heart of the "aloha spirit".

so, the u.h. can stand by its faulty student athlete code and dismiss kt,

or, the u.h. can embrace the official state codified "aloha spirit", accept that its student athlete code is ambiguous on court deferrals and invite kt to remain in classes and return to the team in the spirit of aloha.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

st808 ... great post and point!!!!!

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Well this dumb okole shouldn't have put himself in this situation in the first place. No one to blame but himself.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Hawaii used to be the team of second chances. All Kennedy did was have a tumultuous relationship. He was charged with punching his girlfriend's dad's dashboard. Give me a break. Here are some of the other offenses Hawaii overlooked to recruit players:
There’s certainly precedent.

Pisa Tinoisamoa, Colt Brennan and Davone Bess.

Football players who ran afoul of the law, were embraced by the University of Hawaii, and redeemed themselves while becoming stars for the Warriors.

It’s good to remember UH’s record when rolling the dice in these situations isn’t perfect despite what some would have you believe. Every guy with a sketchy background that the Warriors coaches deem worthy of a second chance doesn’t stay out of trouble, graduate and/or make it to the NFL.

But you can always point to the success stories when making a case for someone with a rap sheet.

SO NOW WE have Mike Edwards, a cornerback who UH coach Greg McMackin calls "The Real Deal." On the field, he’s described by some as Ryan Mouton, but maybe better. A four-star prospect coming out of high school in 2009.

Just one snag. The Real Deal was charged with three counts of attempted armed robbery less than two years ago in Knoxville, Tenn., where he’d just completed his freshman season on the Tennessee football team. He and some teammates thought it’d be a good idea to hold up some people near a gas station at 1:45 a.m.

Edwards was allowed to plead down to a lesser charge because he didn’t handle the pellet gun used in the incident, and he didn’t have a prior record. He was given two years probation. In a phone interview yesterday, he said it was shortened. "I’m done," he said. "I was doing so well it was dismissed early."

He sounds like a decent 20-year-old guy who made a mistake when he was 18. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong people.
The rest of the article continues here: http://www.staradvertiser.com/2011/02/0 ... hat-we-do/

Recent players for Hawaii like Colt, Pisa, Davone, and Edwards committed real crimes. What...if we need to recruit them, it's okay? Kennedy's only offense was losing it in an argument with his then girlfriend. Daddy's dashboard is not a serious victim...I'm sorry...I don't get it. He was one of the few blue chip athletes to stay home and become a team leader. He needs guidance not scorn. This is an illogical, puritanical application of an otherwise reasonable rule that does NOT match the crime.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I would be highly disappointed in U of Hawaii if KT wasn't given a second chance, not because of his football prowess, but because he's a young man that made a mistake. It doesn't do the University any good to shun him when they're in a position to help him.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The former UH players mentioned above who were given second chances actually did not have their screw-ups while at UH, but before, and paid the consequences from their previous schools. Unfortunately, KT's hope for a second chance may have to come at another school. As much as I'd like to see KT back in a UH uniform next season because I am a UH fan, I don't see how it can be possible. Once the school makes an exception ...
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Makana wrote:Well this dumb okole shouldn't have put himself in this situation in the first place. No one to blame but himself.
200% this.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

xer 21 wrote:
Makana wrote:Well this dumb okole shouldn't have put himself in this situation in the first place. No one to blame but himself.
200% this.
I beg to differ. If I were Kennedy, I would've pulled the "wasn't me" defense. Try and prove it...Beaches. He's a kid who let his emotions get the better of him. The school really should have helped him. This was not a crime. How many of you punched an object instead of a person when enraged? Give me a break.

Anyway, it seems the politically correct suits have decided to 86 this champion of our team to make themselves feel better about themselves. Good luck, Kennedy. Finish your degree at Manoa's expense, please. Make the world a better place despite the scorn of idiots. More importantly, learn from your mistakes...however minor they may be.