What we learned after the first 7 weeks!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Re: What we learned after the first 7 weeks!

Post by BigWave96744 »

When Rolo took the reigns, I never bought into the claim that Norm Chow left the cupboards totally bare. I knew we had players on the team. Change of leadership and the emergence of Dr. Dru is what was ordered.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Competent coaching really does make a difference!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Optimus
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Optimus »

During pregame warmups, DB, AZ and BR took most of the reps at QB while IW stood and watched with his helmet just barely on the crown of his head and him talking with the 3rd & scout team receivers.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

BigWave96744 wrote:When Rolo took the reigns, I never bought into the claim that Norm Chow left the cupboards totally bare.
he certainly left the defensive cupboards bare.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote:When Rolo took the reigns, I never bought into the claim that Norm Chow left the cupboards totally bare.
Haha I still wholeheartedly believe it's the truth on defense. UH continues to get gashed on the ground, and the schedule's greatest terrors at RB (Teriyon Gipson, Donnell Pumphrey, Jeremy McNichols) haven't been played yet. :oops: UH is getting run over by average RBs.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:
Haha I still wholeheartedly believe it's the truth on defense. UH continues to get gashed on the ground, and the schedule's greatest terrors at RB (Teriyon Gipson, Donnell Pumphrey, Jeremy McNichols) haven't been played yet. :oops: UH is getting run over by average RBs.
I was also impressed with Penny. Kinda like Lakalaka. He will gash you on the inside.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

After several years, I've learned that UH only wants to broadcast it's games to wealthy locals. Have revenues really changed all that much with incompetent streaming by Oceanic and then a total black-out of all games outside of Hawaii? Do they take in more revenues because of this incompetence? This sucks. It really does.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Chow left the cupboards bare - at least on the Dline. Yeah, we lost Tulimasealii ... but shouldn't we have had more than we have now to step in? Knock on wood, but we have division one quality receivers, running backs, linebackers, and even olinemen waiting in the wings.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

All kidding aside...I'm losing my feel for Warrior football.
Give me HawaiianTel stream...ESPN...MWC Crappy feed...ANYTHING!!!!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The offense is getting too predictable with DSJ run on first play of the game. Then DB pass on third down if they stop the run early. That's why Vegas knew to come after Dru on third and long on the first drive. Some trick plays wouldn't hurt like having Ikaika line up as a receiver or go in motion and throw a pass. It causes the defense on the other team to think twice about stacking the box on first down and rushing the qb on third down. Also, AFA is preparing for the pistol to be run with DSJ. They gotta switch up the running back during series since all three backs can run. The backs play a series before they go out except when its x yards and goal, then its Lakalaka. Too predictable for the offense if they know the same back will be there on the next down.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

shrek2 wrote:The offense is getting too predictable with DSJ run on first play of the game. Then DB pass on third down if they stop the run early. That's why Vegas knew to come after Dru on third and long on the first drive. Some trick plays wouldn't hurt like having Ikaika line up as a receiver or go in motion and throw a pass. It causes the defense on the other team to think twice about stacking the box on first down and rushing the qb on third down. Also, AFA is preparing for the pistol to be run with DSJ. They gotta switch up the running back during series since all three backs can run. The backs play a series before they go out except when its x yards and goal, then its Lakalaka. Too predictable for the offense if they know the same back will be there on the next down.
DSJ has been quiet since the NEVADA game.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Supposedly the defense was chanting "this is the season" just before they went into the game for the second overtime stop. There were no coaches involved. You gotta feel good about the kids desire to want to win and to be great as a team.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I reiterate that competent coaching makes a huge difference - night and day with Rolo and his staff compared to the previous HC pretender, he who shall remain unnamed.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

couz808 wrote:
shrek2 wrote:The offense is getting too predictable with DSJ run on first play of the game. Then DB pass on third down if they stop the run early. That's why Vegas knew to come after Dru on third and long on the first drive. Some trick plays wouldn't hurt like having Ikaika line up as a receiver or go in motion and throw a pass. It causes the defense on the other team to think twice about stacking the box on first down and rushing the qb on third down. Also, AFA is preparing for the pistol to be run with DSJ. They gotta switch up the running back during series since all three backs can run. The backs play a series before they go out except when its x yards and goal, then its Lakalaka. Too predictable for the offense if they know the same back will be there on the next down.
In recent game had 2 tackles. One was a big hit that knocked cornerback out of game. He hits as hard as Leonard Peters.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote:
couz808 wrote:
In recent game had 2 tackles. One was a big hit that knocked cornerback out of game. He hits as hard as Leonard Peters.
No doubt DSJ had some runs today but the offense rotated three backs in the same series (anything different is good). AFA ran 8(?) backs in different formations. Thank God their qb had an off day throwing the ball.