Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Your thought on our DC

Post by Palolo_2LA »

It is not only his fault. The best coaching and schemes still require good players. It is clear we lack speed at skill positions and power on the DL, which are critical flaws. Look at Rex Ryan's D in Buffalo...crappy bc he doesn't have elite CBs and DEs required.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Doesn't matter what kind of defense Lempa, or any other previous DC runs/ran, not enough overall talent on this year's defense. Lempa just has to find something that works for the available players on hand.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Lempa's doing the exact same thing as Chow did. Chow tried to fit a USC offensive scheme into the talent level of Hawaii, Lempa's running an aggressive scheme that doesn't fit the talent level of Hawaii. Good coaches will find a scheme to fit the personnel on hand—good coaches are flexible. Chow and Lempa are not good coaches, in my opinion.
Last edited by stranger808 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

:o

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Palolo_2LA wrote:It is not only his fault. The best coaching and schemes still require good players. It is clear we lack speed at skill positions and power on the DL, which are critical flaws. Look at Rex Ryan's D in Buffalo...crappy bc he doesn't have elite CBs and DEs required.
Yes it's not all his fault, but he needs to stay on his players about fundamentals and putting them in the right position to make plays. The defense takes such bad angles some times when tackling and playing the ball, it looks like they don't practice at all. If Kaumeyer only got a season, then I hope Lempa gets the same.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Makana wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:It is not only his fault. The best coaching and schemes still require good players. It is clear we lack speed at skill positions and power on the DL, which are critical flaws. Look at Rex Ryan's D in Buffalo...crappy bc he doesn't have elite CBs and DEs required.
Yes it's not all his fault, but he needs to stay on his players about fundamentals and putting them in the right position to make plays. The defense takes such bad angles some times when tackling and playing the ball, it looks like they don't practice at all. If Kaumeyer only got a season, then I hope Lempa gets the same.
Kaumeyer was the DC for two seasons, 2012 and 2013.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Makana wrote:
According to Rolo they have been working on tackling more than they should be at this point in time and I agree. I have said that coaches should not have to be teaching tackling to seniors. I have seen players being in the right position but just missing tackles. Lempa has been talking about players taking bad angles before so it is something they have been looking for. Perhaps some players just haven't done what they were taught to do or are physically unable to do so? It does say a lot that coach Rolo has opened up all positions except for one (Rigo). They are not happy with what they have seen so far. What they choose to do will gives us an idea on what we can expect to see the rest of this season.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I agree w this: D coordinator can't take all the blame when he lost key players during off season and doesn't have the rest of the pieces to work with. Any weak-link - say corners - will hurt. But having multiple weak spots spell disaster. He's making do with what he got. If it's the same result next year and year after - different story
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Marauder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Special Teams Coach

Post by Marauder »

Anyone remember who was our Special Teams coach when we had Chad Owens running back punts and kickoffs for TDs?

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Special Teams Coach

Post by stranger808 »

Marauder wrote:Anyone remember who was our Special Teams coach when we had Chad Owens running back punts and kickoffs for TDs?

was it McKnight?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Nevada will be an interesting game to watch. We had a bye to really review how our players have been doing. I am anticipating some changes and we should be more healthy. The Wolfpack will be a good measurement of how far we are as a program.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

uhwarriors wrote:
Makana wrote:
Kaumeyer was the DC for two seasons, 2012 and 2013.
My point is related to schemes that coaches have are what they are good at and have implemented @ every stop. They can't simply change their entire defensive philosophy. The DC needs his players with specific skill sets. I took my son to watch the Michigan game and to say it was a poor tackling game would be an understatement, which is a mix of speed, reads and scheme.

However, you can't out scheme teams without having skills. Also, the tackling angles are horrific. Look at the angles. They are super flat, so people can't contain the run or we are out of position to tackle.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Was watching LSU game. If we just had one of those dlineman and safety. I saw their safety come from nowhere and run down a speedy runningback from behind. I could see the huge difference in talent.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

lempa is done if you ask kalua pig.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

kalua pig wrote:lempa is done if you ask kalua pig.
Rolo has had a hard time getting the coaches he had wanted to come/stay here. Seems like they come here look around then dig out fast. I thought the first OC he hired was a good one but he chose not to stay. Rolo wanted to retain our special teams coach and he took off. He had to find ones he could trust to be here for the right reasons. Without any ties to here I see assistants jumping ship the first chance that they have. It will take time to rebuild our program. We can't do that if we have a high turn-over of coaches. It would be like taking a step backwards.