We better not take Michigan lightly...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: We better not take Michigan lightly...

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote:
Makana wrote:Better be prepared to load up the box on the run, that is Harbaugh's bread and butter.

Against their defense, well it should be all about high percentage passes, set up the run with the pass.
Right up the middle too. Six to eight yards up the gut. What ever happened to Eperone Moananu?
We lost the edge too. Cals runningback got good yardage because we lost containment to to outside. If we do not control the ball on offense and convert on 3rd downs our dline will wilt in the 2nd quarter as they did against Cal. When I saw that and how we were runnning the ball in the 3rd I knew that it was game over. We were too far behind to eat the clock. Looked like Chow ball. Yes we scored but it ate up a lot of time.

Woolsey throws a flat ball when we go long. Part of the problem is he waits too long then tries to zip it to his receivers. He needs to put more air under the ball and get off sooner. He needs to work on his accuracy. It is not just getting the ball to the receiver but getting it to the right place. When he threw to Kemp deep over the middle if he had got the ball off sooner and threw to the shoulder away from the defender I think we would have gotten a touchdown. Even tho the safety had got beaten badly he was able to recover and tipped the ball away because the trajectory of the ball was flat and he just jumped up and tipped it away from Kemp who was waiting for the ball to get there. Coach also needs to pick up some 2 foot tall receivers or we will never complete those ankle passes.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

According to StarAd - the 3 suspended players maybe in against Michigan. I didn't know one was to have started vs Cal. The other two would've had significant playing time. Dang it
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I wonder if any michigan fans wander in here and think this thread is a serious one...

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Lol. But I'm sure they remember Appalacian State. Lol
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

They are not taking us lightly. Rolo asked Hardball for tape of his scrimmage and he said no. You know he wants to run up the score. The advantage for us will be that we have already played a game. We need to hit them hard and early.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

RedZone wrote:They are not taking us lightly. Rolo asked Hardball for tape of his scrimmage and he said no. You know he wants to run up the score. The advantage for us will be that we have already played a game. We need to hit them hard and early.
There is no possible way on earth that we come close to winning this game. That doesn't mean that we don't get better. Rolovich is big on disciplined football. The measure of success is how well the players execute the game plan which will be designed to improve the team --- not win the game.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

J-Rod wrote:I know we looked good on offense yesterday, but we need to take this Wolverines team seriously. Apparently Uncle Harbaugh knows how to motivate his players.

We best be ready for a fight.
Hi, newby here, but been following the warriors for awhile. the warriors are 40 something point underdogs, why would we take them lightly?

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

stranger808 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:I know we looked good on offense yesterday, but we need to take this Wolverines team seriously. Apparently Uncle Harbaugh knows how to motivate his players.

Hi, newby here, but been following the warriors for awhile. the warriors are 40 something point underdogs, why would we take them lightly?
We don't... this "We better not take 'so-and-so' lightly thread has been a custom of this site since the RnS days when our Warriors won more often than lost (on average during the RnS years). It's good to see it back.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

stranger808 wrote:

I believe the saying was carried over from the days we used to dominate our opponents. It's been less than a decade since we were top dogs in the WAC.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Harbaugh is going to make it tough for Hawaii because he wants to recruit from Australia. But if I were from Australia, I would hate to travel to Michigan and live the winters in the midwest. It gets to be freezing at the end of September and there still is a black/white issue that hasn't been resolved in the midwest. Besides that if I were parents in Australia, I rather go to Hawaii to watch a game in the fall/winter than to go all the way to Michigan and stay in the cold. Also, there are no direct flights from Sidney to Ann Arbor. Besides that Rolo has a better personality than Harbaugh.