*****Official Hawaii-Cal Game Thread*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *****Official Hawaii-Cal Game Thread*****

Post by RedZone »

With all the kickers I find it hard to believe that we don't have one who can reach the endzone. Our kickoff coverage has been bad in the past and it still is.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

ulua wrote:
Markazulu wrote:Anyone shocked we put up 31
Kind of, but am more shocked that we gave up 51 points, I expected our D to be better, I know our ST have put our D on the short field and some Offensive T/O didn't help, but we got to learn to tackle, and get more pressure on the QB and our DB''s need to tighten up the coverage. ST need to improve too
The thing is they made the kinds of mistakes that Rolo said he did not want them to make. The 3 players who screwed up should not be on the plane to Michigan.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

UH could have laid down and quit from the beginning. Two scores made by Cal on turnovers from Hawaii. But they never quit. They actually drove the football down field to score two TD's. I was impressed. I can see the kickoff return team making a few TD runs this season. Staying healthy and keeping possession of the ball will be key.

It is too early in the season to get onto them for the mistakes they made that hurt them the most. I will be more positive than negative for now.

I support this team and look forward to seeing them live in person at Aloha stadium. I really look forward to our first tailgate. I have a cigar to kick off that special occasion.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Grinch wrote:I'm worried bout Michigan. Dline played hard but Kennedys loss hurts.
We're not good enough to lose turnovers (I think we got zero) and penalties.
Our Oline looks tough. No sacks. Ran the ball up and down field. Shoulda scored over 40 tonight.
Thanks for bringing that up. Our Oline was on point. That is a bright spot for our offence plus I believetat allowed Woolsey to play loose instead of tight and running for his life like in the past.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

2nd Quarter did Hawaii in.

Scoring by Quarter...

1st Quarter: 14 (Haw) - 17 (Cal)

2nd Quarter: 0 (Haw) - 17 (Cal)

3rd Quarter: 10 (Haw) - 7 (Cal)

4th Quarter: 7 (Haw) - 10 (Cal)

If it wasn't for the Kickoff Fumble by Ewaliko that resulted in the red zone TD for Cal and the negated Cal Punt as a result of the "Leaping" penalty that resulted in the FG. Both giving Cal two more drives and Hawaii two less drives. The game would have been a lot closer. Still might not have won but it likely wouldn't have been the 20 point loss that resulted.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

This team can not have players who need to be disciplined to the point where they are not available for the game.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

p.s. That leaping penalty that hurt us - gotta be the dumbest rule ever
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

Grinch wrote:p.s. That leaping penalty that hurt us - gotta be the dumbest rule ever
does anyone have an explanation on the leaping penalty??

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

jhb3043 wrote:
Grinch wrote:p.s. That leaping penalty that hurt us - gotta be the dumbest rule ever
does anyone have an explanation on the leaping penalty??
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/artic ... 012-season

"The new rule prohibits players from leaping over blockers in an attempt to block a punt. Receiving-team players trying to jump over a shield-blocking scheme has become popular for teams in punt formation. Receiving-team players try to defeat this scheme by rushing into the backfield to block a punt. In some cases, these players are contacted and end up flipping in the air and landing on their head or shoulders.”

It sounds like as long as you don't leave your feet in trying to block a punt it's fine.

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

can't remember the year, but i remember on ST, one of our guys had a front flip tackle.

so i guess this is more of a safety issue for the players.

thanks for digging up the NCAA Rule :thumbup: