Unpaid D-I Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Unpaid D-I Football

Post by bigD »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
TheKrew808 wrote:Yes cal was there but heard from the grapevine he was Kinna laidback( not 100%) and Wes ran the show. Yep and ur right on that ANIMAL part haha..Big Red has been smashing everyone. Atleast we get a couple good games left with the puns and the Lou playing other OIA teams still..I know the teams not set but the brackets should be announced already!
@TheKrew808: OK, would I be correct in assuming from your last post that you're a St Louis alumnus? Again, St Louis pulled-off a beast of an upset against Punahou. I mean, if St Louis had won by even 1 point, I would have been shocked. And again, the brilliant pass-rush scheme used by the St Louis D-line against Punahou would be almost useless against run-oriented Kahuku. If St Louis' D-line tried that against Kahuku, Kahuku's O-linemen would be already blowing past the line of scrimmage, cleaning-out Slade-Matuitia and the other LBs. And if the O-linemen don't do that, the blocking-backs would finish the job.
Bring in more bodies to fill the gaps and control the line of scrimmage. It worked for the crusaders last year but unfortunately it left them wide open to play-action passes to the tightend. Punahou and St. Louis definitely got the athletes to slow the run down.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
TheKrew808 wrote:Wow not one vote for St. Louis beating punahou? Guess they really didn't know the supporting cast...
@TheKrew808: I still can't get over that game; I figured Punahou would win by something like 2 TDs. I tell you what: I think Cal Lee won that game, so to speak. He doubles as DC, and he--and, I guess, his D-line coach--came up with that outstanding blocking scheme for the D-line. Cal is living-up to his reputation as a defense guru. St Louis' supporting cast? When you think about it, the only players that one might consider "blue-chip" are QB Tuatagovailoa and LB Slade-Matautia. But, other players on the team really stepped-up during that game, both on O and on D. Frankly, I think the entire St Louis team should take a bow, including the coaching staff. They really blew people away by winning that game, I'm sure. They certainly blew me away. I mean, like I totally freaked-out. Like, at one point it was 21-0, St Louis. Insane.
@HS Football Fanatic: I was also surprised with the overall performance of Stl. the D pressed kapule and came up with 5 picks. Crazy!! I nvr expected that in a million years, punahou was killing everybody before that. That's life in the ILH I guess. In the OIA, I think kahuku will beat the govs and Kapolei will beat Waianae. the open division tournament will be great, it'll truly be the best of the best going at it.......that's what everyone wants......right?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

What happened Friday reminded me of the 2012 championship game, when Tuileta entered with near-flawless statistics but proceeded to threw about 3 INTs. St. Louis worked hard to improve its pass rush. We didn't respond. Luckily, we can solve this before our next game, unlike 2012.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

ATTENTION, everyone! I heard that St Louis QB Tagovailoa can't play in states because he's 19, and that's not permitted in states. Can anyone verify? If it's true, then St Louis is toast. St Louis is toast without Tagovailoa, pure and simple. Can anyone verify the rule?

TheKrew808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by TheKrew808 »

As long as your 18 on the day that schools starts you can play any sport reg season and states..also tua is 18 makes 19 next year. @hs.fb fan. Nope not an alumni of Sls but have watched a few kids that I have trained in the gym. These kids are seniors to sophomores now and like I said watched then beat punahou in intermediate, for the JV championship and now back to back ILH championships. I guess that's y I am not as shocked about the win..

TheKrew808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by TheKrew808 »

Sorry not first day of school, No participant shall be 19 prior to sept 1. Of the school year they plan to participate in.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheKrew808 wrote:As long as your 18 on the day that schools starts you can play any sport reg season and states..also tua is 18 makes 19 next year. @hs.fb fan. Nope not an alumni of Sls but have watched a few kids that I have trained in the gym. These kids are seniors to sophomores now and like I said watched then beat punahou in intermediate, for the JV championship and now back to back ILH championships. I guess that's y I am not as shocked about the win..
@TheKrew808: Oh, OK. So Tagovailoa can play. I'm not a St Louis alumnus either, but to me, the fact that Tagovailoa can play is good news. I don't mind if St Louis takes the state Open title. I'm OK with either Kahuku or St Louis taking it. (I'm not a Kahuku alumnus either, by the way). Also: If you know, who won the ILH JV title this year? I know last year it was Kamehameha, but who won it this year?

TheKrew808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by TheKrew808 »

@hs football fanatic.. St. Louis won

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheKrew808 wrote:@hs football fanatic.. St. Louis won
@TheKrew808: OK, thanks. I guess it's not surprising that last year's Intermediate champs move-up to JV and win that championship this year. But of course, we can't expect such a progression going from JV to Vars. Kamehameha was JV champ last year, and I guess we can assume that most of those players went up to Vars, but the Vars ended-up in the crapper. They hung-up their cleats two weeks ago; season over.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Punahou's next opponent is Kapolei, 7:30 PM at the stadium next Saturday. It ain't a gimme.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Thirteen,

1.Kahuku 10-1 OIA Champions. First round bye at Open Division.
2.St.Louis 8-1 DNP. First round bye at Open Division.
3.Punahou 7-2 DNP. No.4 Kapolei next in Open Division.
4.Kapolei 9-2 Jump over Hilo with win over Waianae. See Punahou.
5.Hilo 8-1 Unranked Leilehua next at D-I states.
6.Farrington 7-3 No.8 Waianae next in Open Division.
7.Baldwin 8-2 No.10 Mililani next in D-I on Maui.
8.Waianae 8-4 See Farrington.
9.Campbell 6-4 Unranked Waiakea next in D-I.
10.Mililani 6-3 See Baldwin.

There is a different dynamic in D-I with the new Open Division and a D-I format expanded to eight teams.No one's season in the top ten is over yet...... Some unranked teams like Iolani and Leilehua could climb into the top ten with a win next week.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote:Punahou's next opponent is Kapolei, 7:30 PM at the stadium next Saturday. It ain't a gimme.
@gopunahou: It just might be, for Punahou. I think Kapolei can throw the ball on Punahou's D, but I don't think Kapolei's D can really handle Punahou's pass game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote:Week Thirteen,

1.Kahuku 10-1 OIA Champions. First round bye at Open Division.
2.St.Louis 8-1 DNP. First round bye at Open Division.
3.Punahou 7-2 DNP. No.4 Kapolei next in Open Division.
4.Kapolei 9-2 Jump over Hilo with win over Waianae. See Punahou.
5.Hilo 8-1 Unranked Leilehua next at D-I states.
6.Farrington 7-3 No.8 Waianae next in Open Division.
7.Baldwin 8-2 No.10 Mililani next in D-I on Maui.
8.Waianae 8-4 See Farrington.
9.Campbell 6-4 Unranked Waiakea next in D-I.
10.Mililani 6-3 See Baldwin.

There is a different dynamic in D-I with the new Open Division and a D-I format expanded to eight teams.No one's season in the top ten is over yet...... Some unranked teams like Iolani and Leilehua could climb into the top ten with a win next week.
Anyone know who Iolani plays?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Anyone know who Iolani plays?[/quote]

Moanalua

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Getreal$ wrote:Anyone know who Iolani plays?
Moanalua[/quote]

@Getreal$: Thanks. I think the only way Moanalua can win that game is if they're 100% healthy. As we recall, Moanalua actually had to forfeit their last game due to injuries and illness. I'm pulling for Moanalua, but again, I can't see them winning unless their injuries and illnesses have healed/ended. Their O, in particular, had better be ready to go. Go Menes! (And, no, I'm not a Moanalua alumnus.)