Unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Unpaid D-II football

Post by unpaid »

Week Three,

1.Kapaa 2-0 DNP
2.Damien 2-1 defeated D-I Kealakehe. Monarchs 2-1 against D-I opponents this year.
3.Konawaena 1-0 Get the win in a close game against St.Francis.
4. St.Francis 1-1 Saints need some work on offense.
5.Kamehameha-Hawaii 2-0 One point victory over Kauai.
6.Pac-5 2-0 DNP
7.Waipahu. 2-0 DNP
8.Pearl City 2-1
9.Kalani 1-1 defeated Kaimuki.
10.Kaimuki 1-1 Lost to Kalani.

Lahainaluna dropped out of the top ten with their loss to Maui.

The pecking order is slowly getting established with Konawaena beating St.Francis this weekend.To me,Kapaa has the most experience and is still the team to beat. Damien has played up a division in pre-season and has an acceptable 2-1 worksheet so far.
I don't discount the possibility that Damien may have what it takes to win D-II this year.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Going into the D-II BIIF season:

Honokaa- looked a lot better than the past few years. I know it was a win against Waiakea but they did move the ball well and their QB ran the offense pretty good and had five TD passes.

HPA- Oh well, nothing to report here...I'll just say it is a work in progress.

KSH- Pulled out a victory after their offense went 0-11 on 3rd downs, had 105 total yards, four turnovers on Int and fumbles, QB threw two short TD's but looked horrible throughout the game. They gained just 26 yards on the ground against Kauai, so they better start fixing that OL as they go into the BIIF season. Kauai had 285 total yards but a missed extra point and a bad snap on punt formation decided the game.

Konawaena is the class of the BIIF and DII by far. If KSH wants to challenge them for the title, their offense needs to get a lot better, which I don't think will happen this season.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.3 Konawaena at D-I No 10 Hilo.

I think the Wildcats win. The key though,is that Konawaena will have to eliminate multiple pass interceptions. If they don;t cut out the picks Hilo will make them pay. Konawaena in a close one.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Wow...Honokaa beats Kealekehe at Waveriders homefield 12-7. Is this a major upset or is Kealekehe just not that good this year. Honokaa has just beat two division 1 teams in back to back weeks! Looks like there could be another player in the BIIF division Ii this year title race this year.

SRJC
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by SRJC »

it seems the biif division 2 is stronger overall than the biif division 1.

probably Iolani vs the biif division 1 2nd place team in the playoffs

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Iolani could beat Kealakehe if the matchup happens at the state tournament.

Honokaa is off to a good start,and could crack into the top ten this week or next. Kealakehe may not be as strong as they were 4 years ago but,with the disparity in enrollments between the two,Honokaa's win this week has to be somewhat of an eye-opener.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Great game between two top BIIF teams that went down to the wire and decided by a field goal. Hilo took a 20-0 lead but a questionable call on Hilo's D for targeting gave Kona one last play on the 3yard line. A trick play later and the score is 20-7 at half. After half, kona put up two quick scores and take the lead 21-20. From there the game got a little out of control with a player ejected from Kona for a brutal blindside block. The block resulted in a serious knee injury by the Hilo DLineman. The very next play another low block resulted in another Hilo DLineman suffering a broken leg. Hilo's D tightened up and put pressure on Ewing forcing a punt. Ewings punt traveled maybe 10 yards and gave Hilo back the ball inside the 20 with little over a minute. Hilo, who played the final qtr with a freshman QB after starter Kaale Tioganco suffered a knee injury and was carted off. Hilo ran their jumbo set and pounded the left side before kicking the game winning FG. Kona got the ball back but Ewing was intercepted and Hilo ran out the clock.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Four,

1.Kapaa 3-0 blowout shutout over Kauai.
2.Damien 2-1 No.3 St.Francis next at Aloha Stadium.
3.St.Francis 1-1 DNP. No.2 Damien next.
4.Konawaena 1-1 drop one after losing to D-I Hilo.
5.Kamehameha-Hawaii 3-0 D-I No.10 Hilo next.
6.Pac-5 2-0 DNP.
7.Waipahu 2-0 DNP
8.Pearl City 3-1
9.Kaimuki 2-1
10.Honokaa 2-0 First appearance in the top ten this year after beating D-I Kealakehe.

Damien and St.Francis start the process of sorting out the ILH champ next weekend.I think this is the first of two games between these two teams,so even the loser will still have some control over their destiny.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Go Chargers.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

unpaid wrote:Iolani could beat Kealakehe if the matchup happens at the state tournament.

Honokaa is off to a good start,and could crack into the top ten this week or next. Kealakehe may not be as strong as they were 4 years ago but,with the disparity in enrollments between the two,Honokaa's win this week has to be somewhat of an eye-opener.
I would hope so. Damien killed Kealakehe

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.2 Damien and No.3 St.Francis. I think the Monarchs are tougher,more disciplined. Going with Damien for the win.

No.5 Kamehameha-Hawaii was supposed to play D-I No.10 Hilo but, apparently, the BIIF has canceled all events through the weekend because of the impending.

Stay safe,and may God bless this weekend!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Rankings will come out late.Kaimuki is ranked and plays Sunday.Some of the OIA games have been moved to Monday or postponed to later in the year. Waipahu is ranked and plays on Labor Day so Week Five ranking comes out late Monday or Tuesday.

Damien held off St.Francis to go 1-0 in the ILH.Damien may need the cushion early wins provide to get to states. St.Francis is still in it with the double round-robin format in the league season.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Five,

1.Kapaa 4-0
2.Damien 3-1 beat St.Francis
3.Konawaena 1-1 DNP
4.St.Francis 1-2
5.Kamehameha-Hawaii 3-0 DNP
6.Pac-Five 2-0 DNP
7.Waipahu. 3-0
8.Pearl City 3-1 DNP
9.Honokaa 2-0 DNP
10.Kaimuki 2-2

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.2 Damien and No.6 Pac-Five at Aloha Stadium. Damien won ILH last year..the Monarchs have spent this year so far beating D-I schools and winning against league rival St.Francis. To me, Damien is taking ownership of ILH D-II by playing up in non-league competition and beating their first league rival in 2016. Picking Damien to win.

No.5 Kamehameha-Hawaii at home against No.9 Honokaa. The Warriors are still finding their way,but Honokaa is just getting back to the top ten after a long absence.The Warriors are more used to meaningful competition late in the year than the Dragons are. Picking Kamehameha-Hawaii for the win.

No.7 Waipahu and No.8 Pearl City. The big red flag to me here is that the Chargers are giving up more yards on defense than they are gaining on offense. Waipahu is pretty good on offense,better than Pearl City. Picking Waipahu in a close contest.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

KSH converted 28 points off of Honokaa's 10, yes 10 turnovers inside their 30. KSH defense proved to be the difference between the two teams in what was somewhat of a strange game. Offensively, KSH needs to figure things out with the passing game, which was terrible at best, while the running game was the key to the win last night and should be their focal point moving forward. For the most part Honokaa was in the game until a total meltdown in a span of 2 minutes the fourth Qtr where three scores came off of back to back to back turnovers.

Unfortunately for KSH, their D is pretty good but their O needs some serious adjustments if they want to compete with Konawaena for the lone DII birth in the state tournament.