Kennedy Tulimaseali'i will not play football for UH this season

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Kennedy Tulimaseali'i will not play football for UH this season

Post by shoichikun808 »

SundayJam wrote:So this action by the administration serves what purpose?

My alma mater is a joke.

It was stated clear as day in the code of conducts what would happen if a player is found or pleads no contest/guilty in a felony crime. Maybe they change the rules in the future based on the severity of the felony or something but right now it's black and white. Can't make exemptions on a per player basis even if it's a guy like Kennedy. Seems like Attorney Green didn't read the student code of conduct according to a post on the other Hawaii sports forum before he had Kennedy plead no contest and is trying to find a way to get Kennedy back on the team by saying the rule was "too vague".

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shoichikun808 wrote:
It was stated clear as day in the code of conducts what would happen if a player is found or pleads no contest/guilty in a felony crime. Maybe they change the rules in the future based on the severity of the felony or something but right now it's black and white. Can't make exemptions on a per player basis even if it's a guy like Kennedy. Seems like Attorney Green didn't read the student code of conduct according to a post on the other Hawaii sports forum before he had Kennedy plead no contest and is trying to find a way to get Kennedy back on the team by saying the rule was "too vague".
It's incredibly dickish of the administration to pull this red card for a VICTIMLESS crime. Surely, daddy doesn't need an dashboard navigator in Hawaii. Are you frickin kidding me?!!! Kennedy did him a favor by getting rid of that ridiculous dashboard clutter. What? Daddy no longer has a way of knowing how to get from mauka to makai?!!! OMG...where is the Outrigger Canoe Club?!!!! He's fallen and he can't get up!!!

Original claim by police:
We're told police showed up as the couple was still fighting and broke open the apartment door open get to the couple.

Police used pepper spray on Tulimasealii while in the process of removing him from the apartment.

"He was on the ground after getting pepper sprayed, crying. Several cops were laughing, several cops I don't even know what they were doing and the whole thing was blown out of proportion," said a witness.
Subsequent fabrication:
The criminal property damage charge stems from an incident that happened in March, before his first arrest, that was apparently just reported. HPD says Tulimasealii turned himself in and was booked just after 6 p.m.

Sources tell us Tulimasealii and his ex-girlfriend were in a car that was parked near the Hale Aloha Ilima dormitory at UH Manoa when the two started arguing. He then started punching the dashboard, damaging the radio and navigation instruments in the car. Police records show the total damage was more than $1,500.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: ....
It's incredibly dickish of the administration to pull this red card for a VICTIMLESS crime. Surely, daddy doesn't need an dashboard navigator in Hawaii. Are you frickin kidding me?!!! Kennedy did him a favor by getting rid of that ridiculous dashboard clutter. What? Daddy no longer has a way of knowing how to get from mauka to makai?!!!

You are attacking officials for doing their job and a father for doing nothing but being a victim of a violent crime. I don't find what you are saying humorous at all.

There is no place for this behavior in our community. The criminal charges are very serious. Smashing up someone's car could escalate to a violent confrontation and even death. Likewise scrapping with someone's daughter.

I don't know the families here. I certainly wouldn't be mocking the father. There is no place for this kind of violence in our community. And there needs to be consequences.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

https://twitter.com/NickRolovich/status/747838398467964928

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:https://twitter.com/NickRolovich/status/747838398467964928
Amen.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: You are attacking officials for doing their job and a father for doing nothing but being a victim of a violent crime. I don't find what you are saying humorous at all.
I wasn't trying to be humorous at all. I was outraged. The damage to daddy's vehicle sounds pretty minor and it is totally understandable given the nature of young love. The legal term non compos mentis seems totally appropriate in this instance. The charges were filed well after the fact, in spite, to put the nail in the ex's coffin. NO charges of abuse have ever been filed, am I correct?!!!

In regard to Rolo's accusation of selfishness...wtf?!!! How is the dysfunctional nature of young love selfish? I would call it naive or even stupid...but selfish? I don't get it. Kennedy needs help not derision. I guess Kennedy was not one of his boys, so he doesn't give a rip.

Look, I don't know Kennedy. It just sounds to me like everyone has thrown a troubled youth under the bus. It's not how I remembered the forgiving nature of Hawaii's fans and team to be. Pisa, Davone, and Colt were given second chances coming off of far more suspect circumstances.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote: You are attacking officials for doing their job and a father for doing nothing but being a victim of a violent crime. I don't find what you are saying humorous at all.
I wasn't trying to be humorous at all. I was outraged. The damage to daddy's vehicle sounds pretty minor and it is totally understandable given the nature of young love. The legal term non compos mentis seems totally appropriate in this instance. The charges were filed well after the fact, in spite, to put the nail in the ex's coffin. NO charges of abuse have ever been filed, am I correct?!!!

In regard to Rolo's accusation of selfishness...wtf?!!! How is the dysfunctional nature of young love selfish? I would call it naive or even stupid...but selfish? I don't get it. Kennedy needs help not derision. I guess Kennedy was not one of his boys, so he doesn't give a rip.

Look, I don't know Kennedy. It just sounds to me like everyone has thrown a troubled youth under the bus. It's not how I remembered the forgiving nature of Hawaii's fans and team to be. Pisa, Davone, and Colt were given second chances coming off of far more suspect circumstances.
Nobody is throwing him under the bus, he threw himself under the bus. The other guys had one incident, Kennedy, unfortunately had more than one incident. There were multiple incidents and I believe 6 charges. If he damaged his ex's dad's car months before, he should have manned up and paid for the damages. He had no right to damage someone else's vehicle no matter how minor you think it is or regardless if it "young love." I guess if you had a daughter, you wouldn't mind her bf damaging your car.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Nobody is throwing him under the bus, he threw himself under the bus. The other guys had one incident, Kennedy, unfortunately had more than one incident. There were multiple incidents and I believe 6 charges. If he damaged his ex's dad's car months before, he should have manned up and paid for the damages. He had no right to damage someone else's vehicle no matter how minor you think it is or regardless if it "young love." I guess if you had a daughter, you wouldn't mind her bf damaging your car.
:-({|= Every account that I've read suggests that the daughter was big part of the problem. [-X The property damage wasn't a problem until the girl was dumped. Oh my goodness, the poor guy will never be able to navigate his way around Oahu ever again. What a beast that troubled youth was to burden his former tainted love's dad with such misery.

Give me a break.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote:
Irse wrote: Nobody is throwing him under the bus, he threw himself under the bus. The other guys had one incident, Kennedy, unfortunately had more than one incident. There were multiple incidents and I believe 6 charges. If he damaged his ex's dad's car months before, he should have manned up and paid for the damages. He had no right to damage someone else's vehicle no matter how minor you think it is or regardless if it "young love." I guess if you had a daughter, you wouldn't mind her bf damaging your car.
:-({|= Every account that I've read suggests that the daughter was big part of the problem. [-X The property damage wasn't a problem until the girl was dumped. Oh my goodness, the poor guy will never be able to navigate his way around Oahu ever again. What a beast that troubled youth was to burden his former tainted love's dad with such misery.

Give me a break.
With modern cars, the GPS is hooked up to the radio and hands free phone. So yes, it can be a big deal to someone if all three was damaged.

She may have been a big part of the problem but I guess he learned that girls that are that big of a problem are not worth it.
ImageImage

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

lol, you guys are a bunch of monkeys

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote:The crap that happened at Baylor will change the way every Coach, AD and Administrator looks at how punishment is dealt with in regards to student athletes.
I've heard Baylor could very well get the Death Penalty (remember SMU 1987-88?). I actually hope it happens. Baylor deserves it IMHO.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shoichikun808 wrote:The way I understand this decision is Kennedy can appeal only his scholarship being removed. But cannot appeal the removal of his participation from the football team. It's in the rules and the code states that “any student-athlete convicted of or pleading guilty or no contest to a felony charge shall be permanently dismissed from the team.” so to me the guy will not be seen in a Hawaii uniform other than in past gameplay videos. At least we get back Gifford with no gametime loss. I'm guessing his attorney didn't know about the student athletes conduct rule or the school and Kennedy agreed this was the best way forward for both parties.
Coach does not have to renew a players scholie. We have seen this in the past.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

wyokie wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:The crap that happened at Baylor will change the way every Coach, AD and Administrator looks at how punishment is dealt with in regards to student athletes.
I've heard Baylor could very well get the Death Penalty (remember SMU 1987-88?). I actually hope it happens. Baylor deserves it IMHO.
Baylor in damage control. They have a school wide problem. I expect to see more people fired.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

RedZone wrote: Coach does not have to renew a players scholie. We have seen this in the past.
Why would the coach not renew this outstanding player's scholie? He was selfish because he let his emotions get the better of him and demolished a navigation system on a dashboard? It is ridiculous given the circumstances and the player. Again, I don't know this guy, but I can't understand why more compassion isn't exercised given what we know of the unreasonable nature of juvenile relationships. Some have drawn a direct comparison to the Baylor scandal...ridiculous.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

You can't compare Baylor with UH or the SEC because gun controls and violence are a part of life down there. Hawaii is a very crowded place with a different culture and it requires that people behave themselves just as in big cities and in the state of California. On the other hand, smashing of navagation system should not result in ruining a potential NFL or semi-PRO football player. There should have been some plea bargaining to drop the felony to a misdemeanor and have Kennedy pay for the repair. Sometimes the legal system just does not apply common sense. Serving time in community service should have sufficed for the misdemeanor.