*True Sports Fan*

Kennedy Tulimaseali'i will not play football for UH this season

Post by J-Rod »

https://twitter.com/RKekaula/status/747553947473215488

BigWave96744

Re: Kennedy Tulimaseali'i will not play football for UH this season

Post by BigWave96744 »

UH Athletics Department Statement:
Defensive lineman Kennedy Tulimasealii has been dismissed from the University of Hawaiʻi football team for violating the UH student-athlete conduct code. The code states that “any student-athlete convicted of or pleading guilty or no contest to a felony charge shall be permanently dismissed from the team.” In regards to his scholarship, the code states “the grant-in-aid shall not be renewed for any successive academic years.” An appeal process is available. We hope that Kennedy will continue his college education and work toward receiving his degree. He will always be a part of the Rainbow Warrior ʻohana and we hope that his recent troubles do not define his life.

David Matlin, UH Athletics Director

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Kennedy can either
1) Go to an FCS school, play immediately & have 2 years
2) Go to a JC, play immediately then transfer to a D1 school (possibly BCS team) for his final year
3) Go to a D1 school, sit out 2016, then play his final year in 2017
4) Go the Arena, Indoor, CFL route
6) Quit football & finish his degree

Either way prayers of guidance to Kennedy & prayers also to his ex girlfriend. Domestic violence must not be overlooked...

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Was hoping they would let him play next year. Good luck to him. Hope he gets his life straightened out first.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

The crap that happened at Baylor will change the way every Coach, AD and Administrator looks at how punishment is dealt with in regards to student athletes.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Dismissed from team, scholarship pulled and scholarship cannot be renewed.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sp ... ball-team/
Defensive tackle Kennedy Tulimasealii has been dismissed from the University of Hawaii football team for violating the athletic department’s code of conduct, the school announced today.

UH athletic director David Matlin said in statement, “Defensive lineman Kennedy Tulimasealii has been dismissed from the University of Hawaii football team for violating the UH student-athlete conduct code.”

The code states that “any student-athlete convicted of or pleading guilty or no contest to a felony charge shall be permanently dismissed from the team.”

In regards to his scholarship, the code states “the grant-in-aid shall not be renewed for any successive academic years.” An appeal process is available.

“We hope that Kennedy will continue his college education and work toward receiving his degree. He will always be a part of the Rainbow Warrior ʻohana and we hope that his recent troubles do not define his life,” Matlin said.

Two weeks ago, Tulimasealii pleaded no contest to six criminal charges, including a felony accusation for property damage.

Tulimasealii is seeking a deferral, which would give him an opportunity to have the charges expunged if he remains out of trouble for a specified period of time. A Circuit Court judge will rule on the deferral request on an Aug. 24 sentencing hearing.

Tulimasealii has been on suspension from team activities following his arrest in April.

The former Waianae High star is considered the Warriors best defensive lineman, leading the team in tackles for losses last season.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

BigWave96744 wrote:The crap that happened at Baylor will change the way every Coach, AD and Administrator looks at how punishment is dealt with in regards to student athletes.
And it will affect how they look at transfers from other schools that had similar issues. It's going to be very hard for players with these types of issues to transfer anywhere.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I like the decision. Sends a strong message all the way down to early levels of football. You want to participate in activities in our community, then you treat people with respect.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He is appealing the decision.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

RedZone wrote:He is appealing the decision.
I am ok with that. Maybe he gets granted a deferral and he is allowed to walk on next year. But in my mind, the scholarship is gone.

And the article said "permanently". How do you get to "kind of" permanently?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Manoa is just plain stupid.
The punishment does not fit the "crime".

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote:Manoa is just plain stupid.
The article said that if you plead to a felony you are done. I haven't read the rule. Maybe there is an appeal because this is a deferral.

But I like the decision-making. Tells me there will be no energy wasted on bull crap. Follow the rules, or you are out. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote:
SundayJam wrote:Manoa is just plain stupid.
The article said that if you plead to a felony you are done. I haven't read the rule. Maybe there is an appeal because this is a deferral.

But I like the decision-making. Tells me there will be no energy wasted on bull crap. Follow the rules, or you are out. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
He smashed his girlfriend's dad's dashboard navigator while arguing with his girlfriend. The "crime" wasn't reported until much later. The spirit of the law should carry far more weight than the letter. The suits at Manoa are not playing this one right. I hope they reconsider their pig-head-ishness when they listen to his appeal. The punishment does not suit the "crime"...

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

The way I understand this decision is Kennedy can appeal only his scholarship being removed. But cannot appeal the removal of his participation from the football team. It's in the rules and the code states that “any student-athlete convicted of or pleading guilty or no contest to a felony charge shall be permanently dismissed from the team.” so to me the guy will not be seen in a Hawaii uniform other than in past gameplay videos. At least we get back Gifford with no gametime loss. I'm guessing his attorney didn't know about the student athletes conduct rule or the school and Kennedy agreed this was the best way forward for both parties.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

So this action by the administration serves what purpose?

My alma mater is a joke.