found this on youtube --- shows crowds from 2010

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

found this on youtube --- shows crowds from 2010

Post by UnBiasFan »

There is not much action in the video so need watch the whole thing.

This is just a reminder of how the stadium once was. And hoping we will soon be there again.

Link

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: found this on youtube --- shows crowds from 2010

Post by RedZone »

Can't beat this crowd. Full house. The stadium was rocking.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... a+football
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Not sure what you can chalk it up to. Ticket prices? Parking debacle? Probably many things, but UH sucking at football is not something unique to the Norm Chow era. We've had bad times, many below-average years...but hey, fans still went. Sure, we spent the entire game making fun of the team, but we were there. I was very disappointed to see so many people completely bail on this program last year. Whether we're 12-0 or 0-12, the team should not run through that tunnel to a sea of empty seats.

It's not an issue unique to Hawaii. Attendance is down nationwide, even for programs that are dominating. But it's been ugly these last few years. That's my hope for 2016...I'm not demanding a certain amount of wins from Rolo. I just want fans to care again.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:Not sure what you can chalk it up to. Ticket prices? Parking debacle? Probably many things, but UH sucking at football is not something unique to the Norm Chow era. We've had bad times, many below-average years...but hey, fans still went. Sure, we spent the entire game making fun of the team, but we were there. I was very disappointed to see so many people completely bail on this program last year. Whether we're 12-0 or 0-12, the team should not run through that tunnel to a sea of empty seats.

It's not an issue unique to Hawaii. Attendance is down nationwide, even for programs that are dominating. But it's been ugly these last few years. That's my hope for 2016...I'm not demanding a certain amount of wins from Rolo. I just want fans to care again.
A lot of the old die-hard fans passed or got too old to go to games. UH never found a way to fill the stadium with new bodies.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

All the above plus more things to do besides a football game. Plus watching the game on an HDTV in the comfort of your own home has its advantages.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Chow ball wasn't fun. There was no explosiveness in the team. At least with Mack there was a possibility they would blow it wide open. Not so with Chow. When they take away your bread and butter plays, you got to forget about them and look for some sort of explosiveness from your players. Mack and company understood this much. Chow, I'm not so sure.

Explosive plays is what fans want to see when the team isn't winning regularly. They want to be pulled back out of despair if only for a brief moment. The ups and down of an exciting roller coaster ride. The quickturns, the feeling that you're about to fall of the edge then to get pull back suddenly with a jolting play. That's why many fans don't like to see games that they expect the team to win with their eyes blindfolded. I believe, Rolo can give us at least that much.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

madeinhawaii wrote: Image
Who are you quoting?

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

The older generation had a lot of pride about Hawaii. Maybe partially via lack of choices, Hawaii was always their favorite team. People these days, including the younger folks, have less loyalty, less appreciation and caring about traditions.

Maybe blame the media. 24/7 sports tv, the superstars, the fame and big money. I prefer to be around the old saimin eaters. Tell me about Old Hawaii, pops.

They are passing away : (

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

415hawaiiboy wrote:The older generation had a lot of pride about Hawaii. Maybe partially via lack of choices, Hawaii was always their favorite team. People these days, including the younger folks, have less loyalty, less appreciation and caring about traditions.

Maybe blame the media. 24/7 sports tv, the superstars, the fame and big money. I prefer to be around the old saimin eaters. Tell me about Old Hawaii, pops.

They are passing away : (
There is still a whole lot of people between 40 and 80 that have lived through decades of Hawaii football. They will come back. Old folks just need to set up another table with wifi and charging stations for the yutes.

Link

415hawaiiboy

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

I sometimes think back about my youth and the naughty things I did, mainly because I didn't know better. I remember the older guy who sat in my family's section where we had season tickets. I remember the poor guy asking me why I blocked his view on some plays because I lead forward and block his view of plays in the Endzone. I was a small kid so I didn't know he was complaining so I told him "I get so excited". I think my dad had some words for that guy once. I do regret blocking his view. Anyways, the guy was old then, he probably isn't around anymore. Dad isn't around either anymore. Both those guys had those radio headsets and brought binoculars to the game. Haha

415hawaiiboy

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

Since when did Elmo overtake Kermit the Frog to be the superstar of the youngest generation?

UH needs to learn how Elmo Succeeded.

For realz

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

SundayJam wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote: Image
Who are you quoting?
Sorry, that was part of an interesting philosophical discussion with new 49ers QB coach Steve Logan about Kap and the offense.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

It comes down to the coaches. We've had old timers and former NFL coaches here with JJ, Mac, and Chow. They don't know anything about building a college atmosphere. Rolo is a breath of fresh air and I think he can start to build it. I mean, he's already gotten on the social media train.

But going to other stadiums and seeing other school's crowds, both home and away, they have all kinds of chants and cheers and interactions that they do during the game. I guess I would say somewhat similar to what Jamie Smith was doing for basketball games at the SSC.