Clarke to Chiefs, Wittek to Jaguars

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Clarke to Chiefs, Wittek to Jaguars

Post by PrideRockFB »

Former UH offensive lineman Ben Clarke has agreed to a free-agent contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Former UH quarterback Max Wittek has reached a free-agent deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

uhwarriors

Re: Clarke to Chiefs, Wittek to Jaguars

Post by uhwarriors »

I think Clarke has a chance to stick with the Chiefs. He played hurt all year and usually didn't even practice most of the week.
Sometimes he was in a walking boot all week. I even saw him in the walking boot on game days just before taking the field. This really hurt his performance and probably is the reason why he didn't get drafted.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Also Trevor Davis was drafted by the Packers.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

EITSwarrior wrote:Also Trevor Davis was drafted by the Packers.
That's Trevor Davis from Cal...not Hawaii.

GREEN BAY – The Packers added some serious speed to their receiving corps in the fifth round on Saturday.

Cal’s Trevor Davis ran a 4.42-second 40-yard dash at the scouting combine. Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf had him in the mid-4.3 range.

“That’s one of the attractions, definitely,” Wolf said. “A 4.3 guy, big hands, some production there in a good passing offense.

"Anytime you can get a weapon in the fifth round, I think you have to do that."

The Packers selected Davis (6-1, 188) with the 163rd overall pick. He spent the last two years catching passes from QB Jared Goff, who was drafted first overall by the Rams on Thursday night.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ ... z47OoE3XDx
Whoa...snap! I read another article about this.
Davis played at Hawaii in 2011-'12 and had 45 catches for 601 yards. He then transferred to Cal and redshirted in the 2013 season.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 92851.html

It's shocking how many awesome players we lost to Chow ball.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Former Baylor offensive lineman Blake Muir has signed a undrafted free agent deal with the San Francisco 49ers. Muir, who began his career at Hawaii prior to finishing his career at Baylor, was a two-year starter for Baylor on the offensive line and started 37 total games in his college career.

At the Baylor Pro Day, Muir recored a 32-inch vertical, a 9-8 broad jump and benched pressed 225-pounds 28 times.

Muir is a native of Australia.
http://baylor.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKI ... s-45114387

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

SundayJam wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Also Trevor Davis was drafted by the Packers.
That's Trevor Davis from Cal...not Hawaii.

GREEN BAY – The Packers added some serious speed to their receiving corps in the fifth round on Saturday.

Cal’s Trevor Davis ran a 4.42-second 40-yard dash at the scouting combine. Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf had him in the mid-4.3 range.

“That’s one of the attractions, definitely,” Wolf said. “A 4.3 guy, big hands, some production there in a good passing offense.

"Anytime you can get a weapon in the fifth round, I think you have to do that."

The Packers selected Davis (6-1, 188) with the 163rd overall pick. He spent the last two years catching passes from QB Jared Goff, who was drafted first overall by the Rams on Thursday night.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ ... z47OoE3XDx
Whoa...snap! I read another article about this.
Davis played at Hawaii in 2011-'12 and had 45 catches for 601 yards. He then transferred to Cal and redshirted in the 2013 season.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 92851.html

It's shocking how many awesome players we lost to Chow ball.
You forgot TD played for UH? I never forget what we lost because of Chow.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

EITSwarrior wrote: You forgot TD played for UH? I never forget what we lost because of Chow.
Nah...I didn't forget...I just thought it was another guy. It all came back to me. We said goodbye to a 5th round pick of the Packers!!! Said goodbye to a top ten team starter, Baylor Bear...and...Uhmm...Rolo beat our okole for 4 years...and is now our head coach. Dave Aranda first excelled at Utah State and then beat our okole for Wisconsin...until he accepted a 1.3 million dollar deal with LSU. At least we won't ever play LSU. Yes...we paid Greg McMackin way...too...much...he did nothing for our program.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

SundayJam wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote: You forgot TD played for UH? I never forget what we lost because of Chow.
Nah...I didn't forget...I just thought it was another guy. It all came back to me. We said goodbye to a 5th round pick of the Packers!!! Said goodbye to a top ten team starter, Baylor Bear...and...Uhmm...Rolo beat our okole for 4 years...and is now our head coach. Dave Aranda first excelled at Utah State and then beat our okole for Wisconsin...until he accepted a 1.3 million dollar deal with LSU. At least we won't ever play LSU. Yes...we paid Greg McMackin way...too...much...he did nothing for our program.
I wouldn't say McMackin did nothing. He tried to stay the course we had with JJ by keeping most of the staff intact, keeping the same offensive and defensive schemes that brought us success, and brought in new and young innovative coaches that could've taken over. Did UH panic after JJ left and overpay Mac? YES, but he tried.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Football didn't lose money under Mack.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:Football didn't lose money under Mack. I'm not sure it paid for itself these past two seasons under Chow

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I could never understand why Davis was in Chow's doghouse.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

EITSwarrior wrote: I wouldn't say McMackin did nothing. He tried to stay the course we had with JJ by keeping most of the staff intact, keeping the same offensive and defensive schemes that brought us success, and brought in new and young innovative coaches that could've taken over. Did UH panic after JJ left and overpay Mac? YES, but he tried.
UH did not panic. They did the right thing in hiring McMackin. Mac was a defensive legend with CFB national championship and NFL Superbowl experience, so of course we kept his defense. He gave the offensive reigns to Rolovich in his second year and brought in Aranda as well. It's funny, Aranda is clearly cream of the crop coaching...but when he left Hawaii for Utah State, he credited Gary Andersen with "giving him a chance when no one else would."

Another funny thing...Gary Andersen only had 2 good seasons as a head coach: 1 for Utah State and 1 for Wisconsin. Both of those years were with Dave Aranda. BTW...even with those two outstanding years shared with Dave Aranda...Gary Andersen has a losing record. Greg McMackin has a winning record.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

SundayJam wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote: I wouldn't say McMackin did nothing. He tried to stay the course we had with JJ by keeping most of the staff intact, keeping the same offensive and defensive schemes that brought us success, and brought in new and young innovative coaches that could've taken over. Did UH panic after JJ left and overpay Mac? YES, but he tried.
UH did not panic. They did the right thing in hiring McMackin. Mac was a defensive legend with CFB national championship and NFL Superbowl experience, so of course we kept his defense. He gave the offensive reigns to Rolovich in his second year and brought in Aranda as well. It's funny, Aranda is clearly cream of the crop coaching...but when he left Hawaii for Utah State, he credited Gary Andersen with "giving him a chance when no one else would."

Another funny thing...Gary Andersen only had 2 good seasons as a head coach: 1 for Utah State and 1 for Wisconsin. Both of those years were with Dave Aranda. BTW...even with those two outstanding years shared with Dave Aranda...Gary Andersen has a losing record. Greg McMackin has a winning record.
Yes they did panic. Not saying choosing to go after him was a panic move. Overpaying him was a panic move because he was almost ready to leave to go along with JJ to SMU.