Way too soon football Top Tens.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Re: Way too soon football Top Tens.

Post by gridiron22 »

Give what a chance? nothing is broke and nothing needs to be fixed. The OIA has their own re-alignment solutions and that is the BLUE/Red division.

The only thing that is broke is the ILH not winning state titles and they want to make excuses as to why things need to change when in fact it all comes down to their pride and money.

This super conference will boost sales at the gates it will boost advertising dollars. The OIA will have to split the profits with all 200 of their schools, the ILH will split profits among 4 of them. Making them richer and in a better position to offer more elite athletes scholarships to join their schools and eventually accomplishing their goal of dominating championships again. The rich get richer and poor will get poorer.

Yes the OIA will get money too but after funnelling it out to 200 schools for fans and air conditioners the athletic departments will have enough left to buy gatorade for three games. While the ILH puts 80% of their profits back into their athletic program to get stronger and stronger.

THE ILH IS USING THE OIA

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Dont think I dont know many of alumni at St. Louis, Punahou and Iolani that donate money based on the winnings of their sports teams, especially football.

Squid Diver
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Squid Diver »

HaterOfElitists wrote:As I said before gridiron22, it may or may not work, but the only way we'll know is if we give it a chance.
Didn't mean for the discussion to go in this direction. Simply wanted to say Waianae should not be ranked higher than Punahou. Good comments though. I'm ready to give it a try as well. League can always go back if it merger doesn't work.

bow89
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bow89 »

The ILH OIA proposal is not about the money. The money is more of a lure for the OIA. The ILH's main purpose is to have a complete football schedule. A three team division does not allow the ILH to play enough games.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Notice this merger thing is going flat. Once Public school is out and summer is here., the 2016 season will not change for no 3 mil. Hell it took 5 years for A/C, how many would it take for a merger.

Bus3001
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bus3001 »

unpaid wrote:Radford is in the Blue this year and so is Waianae. Radford-Waianae doesn't mean much and hasn't for several decades,but back in the day Waianae was the team we loved to beat,had to beat if we wanted a championship.It was the height of the Ginoza years for the Seariders.

The Rams beat them 14-7,with Bernard Rembert squeezing through the Waianae DL in the last minute for the winning score.The craziest game we played Waianae was the following year in 1969. The Rams were down 34-8 at halftime.Coach Velasco reached down into his bag of tricks.He put five tackles on the Oline and David Kinimaka started throwing downfield.Just like 1968,the game went down to the final seconds. Radford had just about pulled off the comeback...it was 34-32 Waianae and Radford went for the two-point conversion. Waianae bats down the pass,Seariders win. We lost..but what a crazy game. As I recall there was almost one really bad fight after the game,but the coaches broke it up pretty quick..kudos to them. Jeris White was on that Ram squad,senior season,about to go to UH later,to the NFL.

At least for 2016 and 2017 there will be some new memories with my alma mater going up against Waianae just like the old days.

Dam unpaid you an OG Ram alum I only remember the mid to late 70's till i played an now till my boys just finish playing. I know those stories nice to hear um man RAMDOWN!!!!!.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

So I guess the Saveas returned to Kapolei?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

If the Savea brothers return,it would make sense.So many of the better local players are moving to the mainland to be closer to the college recruiting action. In their case though,I would have to think that with JJ on Kapolei's football staff, they believe that JJ's hs,college,and NFL connections will provide enough contacts to get them noticed with a good performance this fall under Jones' tutelage.

In other words,if JJ is going to be one of your coaches at Kapolei, a high school in Utah doesN'T seem like a better option anymore.Will be interesting to see if the Savea brothers come back to Hawaii.

Bus3001,I'll bet you can talk story a little about your time at Radford.Ears are open.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

BIIF update-

Summer workouts and drills are taking place on the East side of the Island. 7on7, 1on1, and OL/DL matchups are taking place between Waiakea, Hilo, Keaau, and KS-Hawaii on Wednesdays. Lots of coaching changes at all four schools with new OC's at Hilo, Waiakea and Keaau. Although it is early and some players at the skilled positions look good, I usually focus on the OL/DL drills to see where the strengths are. Hilo by far has about 20-25 lineman out there on both O and D sides and they look pretty good at this point. KSH as always has the talent at skilled position, and this year is no different...but losing their entire OL to graduation may be a challenge for their young QB to stand in there and get the ball out to those receivers. Waiakea may be the team to watch with a number of veteran players coming back at key positions and the addition of a tall, physical, athletic WR who made some spectacular receptions. But without pads, you never know how the physical aspect of the game changes how kids perform. I'll be checking out the West side teams in the weeks to com.

Again, way too soon to know.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

I've heard rumors that the KSH QB Duarte is not playing football this coming football season...Any truth to that?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I heard he focusing on baseball and he hasn't been out on the field so far. Right now they going with the JV QB that moved up at the ending of the season. Either way, replacing the OL is a major factor in the style of O they running.

Bee-ai-boi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bee-ai-boi »

Thanks for the insight and info.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I'm hearing the big AP has hit Waiakea and Hilo big time, with lots of senior starters and key players having to sit out one or two games. The numbers are staggering, something like 30+... thats just unacceptable. If you're a senior playing your last year and are on AP to start the season...I have no good words to say.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I am sure coaches get frustrated over academic probation.

This is why....football coaches are teachers,they teach football and life lessons,just like any other teacher tries to impart knowledge in their field. If a large number of their players aren't paying attention in academic classes,they are probably not paying attention in athletic classes either. Potential wasted in the classroom and on the football field.

westside.gee

Post by westside.gee »

Look out for the teams out west to make some noise this season. #Hardworkpaysoff