2016 QB Depth Chart

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

2016 QB Depth Chart

Post by BigWave96744 »

Malik "Ikaika" Watson, who was born in Hawaii is leaving San Jose St after graduating this spring. Don't know what school he went to, but he still has relatives on island. Wonder if he will try to walkon. Nothing earth shattering about him but then who do you see as our #3 QB this fall?
San Jose State QB Malik Watson latest to take grad transfer route

The latest to take that tack is Malik Watson, who announced via Twitter that he has “decided that I will not be returning to San Jose State for my senior and will be seeking elsewhere to pursue my dream.” As Watson will graduate from SJSU this May, he will be eligible to play immediately in 2016 if he lands at another FBS school and enrolls in a grad program not offered at his former
A California high school product who was born in Hawaii, Watson transferred from the junior college ranks to SJSU in 2014.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... fer-route/

BigWave96744

Re: NorCal QB Ikaika to transfer

Post by BigWave96744 »

Enjoyed his first trip back to islands, last year, when SJSU came to town

https://www.instagram.com/p/-cxE2tSrhc/

PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by PrideRockFB »

Hawaii Born? Always has a spot with me. Strong arm

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I'm kind of tired of having QBs with only one year to play. He may be taking reps from someone who could use it to develop. I think we'll have five arms in the fall. Will that be enough or do we another one? either way definitely should not be put on scholarship.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote:I'm kind of tired of having QBs with only one year to play. He may be taking reps from someone who could use it to develop. I think we'll have five arms in the fall. Will that be enough or do we another one? either way definitely should not be put on scholarship.
I see this depth Chart for Fall 2016
- 1) Senior Ikaika Woolsey (we know what he can do)
- 2) RSFR Aaron Zwalen (could battle for the #1. note, hasn't played a game in 3 years out of HS, 2 years mission, 1 year redshirt)
- 3) Soph Beau Reilly (hasn't played a game in 4 years out of HS, 2 years mission, 1 year redshirt, 1 year no PT)
- 4) TrFr Cole McDonald (was originally suppose to greyshirt)
- 5) Soph Larry Tuileta, has to sit out due to transfer (hasn't played a game in 2 years out of HS, 1st year redshirt at USC, 2nd year no football, volleyball only )

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Now if we can get the QB from CCSF this summer, that changes everything :- :-$ :wink:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

it's scary when some thought a 5'10, 165 lb Mckenzie Milton could have battled to be the 2016 starter, if he signed.

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

Irse wrote:I'm kind of tired of having QBs with only one year to play. He may be taking reps from someone who could use it to develop. I think we'll have five arms in the fall. Will that be enough or do we another one? either way definitely should not be put on scholarship.
Agree with you on this, should be a walk on. Scholarships should be used for the future or at least 2 years not one and gone.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Please read the OP, there is no mention of scholarship. It just a mention that if he would be interested in "walking on"

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: NorCal QB Ikaika Seeking to transfer

Post by RedZone »

We have seen so many of our quarterbacks go down as the season dragged on. Ikaika seemed to be the most durable and also was the holder. I see him at least as number 2. He's been there so it shouldn't bother him. With our new coach Ikaika could be the starter. Depends on what Rolo is looking for. With our upcoming schedule he will probably want someone with game experience early on.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

Totally agree with your assessment of current QB situation, I was hoping that Rolo would be able to get a 2 year JC guy in for immediate competition at least. But looks like we're hoping for some QB guru action with Woolsey and/or Reilly, or Zwahlen to be that good to beat em out.
BigWave96744 wrote:
I see this depth Chart for Fall 2016
- 1) Senior Ikaika Woolsey (we know what he can do)
- 2) RSFR Aaron Zwalen (could battle for the #1. note, hasn't played a game in 3 years out of HS, 2 years mission, 1 year redshirt)
- 3) Soph Beau Reilly (hasn't played a game in 4 years out of HS, 2 years mission, 1 year redshirt, 1 year no PT)
- 4) TrFr Cole McDonald (was originally suppose to greyshirt)
- 5) Soph Larry Tuileta, has to sit out due to transfer (hasn't played a game in 2 years out of HS, 1st year redshirt at USC, 2nd year no football, volleyball only )

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Beau getting zero snaps, even after Naeole took over is not a good sign. Even when Ikaika tweaked his Achilles, Naeole didn't even bring in Beau for 1 snap, even though he was warming up on the sidelines

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

with concussion protocols being strictly enforced, having an experienced 2nd & 3rd stringer is key as the season progresses. Right now, all backups combined have ZERO, game experience after High School

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I can understand both arguments. The transfer route has brought a ton of losing and inconsistency, but the QB depth is one of the worst in the MW right now. Reality is: there is no quick fix. It will take several years of recruiting and development for Rolo to get the QB position to where he wants it to be. Just hope Ikaika can handle the load in 2016, he is a heavy favorite based purely on experience.

Hilorains
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hilorains »

don't forget that the JC route also brought us Colt, Moniz, Alexander, & Rolo that all played important roles during their time at UH