Larry Tuileta transferring from USC to UH

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Larry Tuileta transferring from USC to UH

Post by poidog »

amela wrote:Shouldn't be offered a scholarship should be a walk on. He decomitted which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He needs to earn it and earn the respect of the Hawaii faithful first.
you blame him for decommitting from Norm Chow? Smart move, if you ask me...

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

What's the latest word on Tuileta? Is he already registered at UH?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

madeinhawaii wrote:What's the latest word on Tuileta? Is he already registered at UH?
When a caller asked Rolo about Tuileta on tonight's "Call the Coach" radio broadcast, Rolo simply stated that he could not talk about him.......so doesn't sound promising for Tui and/or UH......at least yet.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

kapakahi wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:What's the latest word on Tuileta? Is he already registered at UH?
When a caller asked Rolo about Tuileta on tonight's "Call the Coach" radio broadcast, Rolo simply stated that he could not talk about him.......so doesn't sound promising for Tui and/or UH......at least yet.
mahalo... I missed that...
Maybe he's coming in on a VB scholarship first? In which case, Rolo can't recruit him, talk to him, or talk about him till he's enrolled and on scholarship.

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

poidog wrote:
amela wrote:Shouldn't be offered a scholarship should be a walk on. He decomitted which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. He needs to earn it and earn the respect of the Hawaii faithful first.
What about decommitting from USC that's worst.

shock808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by shock808 »

madeinhawaii wrote:
kapakahi wrote:
Maybe he's coming in on a VB scholarship first? In which case, Rolo can't recruit him, talk to him, or talk about him till he's enrolled and on scholarship.
If he's on volleyball scholarship (which limit is like 4.5 to be split upon entire team), he would be ineligible to play football. If he plays football at all , he would be on football scholarship or a walk on.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

kapakahi wrote:
H can't talk about transfers until they are on campus and I believe Tuileta is at a CC taking classes.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

shock808 wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:
kapakahi wrote: When a caller asked Rolo about Tuileta on tonight's "Call the Coach" radio broadcast, Rolo simply stated that he could not talk about him.......so doesn't sound promising for Tui and/or UH......at least yet.
If he's on volleyball scholarship (which limit is like 4.5 to be split upon entire team), he would be ineligible to play football. If he plays football at all , he would be on football scholarship or a walk on.
He won't be eligible to play football in his first year, anyway, right? But if he doesn't play VB for USC this semester, he should be eligible to play come next January, as it makes a full calendar year since leaving USC. Furthermore, if he comes in on any kind of athletic scholarship, he can enroll paying resident tuition. BUT, if he registers as a walk-on, doesn't he have to pay the full non-resident tuition? <-- all speculation.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

If this were Facebook, his relationship status would be "It's complicated "

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Glad he's gonna be back. One of our goals has been to get the state's top recruits to be Warriors. Perry and Tuileta were tops coming out of high school. Yeah, wish they'd have come straight here ... but still, glad they're back.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by PrideRockFB »

Definitely excited about the opportunity to see a Hawaii great like Tuileta play for the Warriors but he hasnt seen much action. Maybe some rust? Plus will he fit the mold of Coach Rolo's offence? i for one am excited to see what Woolsey, McDonald, Reilly and Zwahlen can do. Remember Zwahlen was a very highly ranked QB

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

priderock - I can't remember due to age ... but was Tuileta much of a runner in high school? How was his arm strength? Accuracy? Seriously - just can't remember (i'm on Maui)
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by PrideRockFB »

Per his USC Bio

As a junior in 2012, hit 156-of-246 passes (63.4%) for 2,588 yards with 28 TDs and only 1 interception.

In football, he quarterbacked Punahou to an 11-0 record and the 2013 state championship as a senior while completing 155-of-263 passes (58.9%) for 2,647 yards with 28 touchdowns and just 5 interceptions. In 2013, he was the Gatorade Hawaii Player of the Year for the second consecutive season and he was named the Honolulu Star-Advertiser State Offensive Player of the Year and Cover2: Hawaii High School Football Weekly Offensive Player of the Year Award winner.

Not much of a runner, has a funky throwing motion in my eyes. But hes a winner. so thats a plus. Competed over 50% of his passes.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

amela wrote:
poidog wrote:
What about decommitting from USC that's worst.
bounce-backs like Ulu-Perry get a pass because they didn't want us at first, but bounce-backs like Tuileta gotta kiss the rings because he once wanted to come here and then changed his mind? Sounds like we had two hot chicks we wanted and one never gave us the time of day until she figured out that her chosen boyfriend wasn't all that great while the other one was kind of into us but changed her mind right before prom (because of our creepy old dad and his stubborn ways) and then wanted to get back with us after graduation, and we give the first hot chick a pass because her perceived value is higher because she never wanted us to begin with and we stay mad at the other for breaking our heart when in the end it doesn't matter which one we pick because we'll be sloppy seconds either way. might as well just enjoy being with so many hot chicks... I'll take any bounce-back that is good enough to make the team, is willing to work hard once he's here, and will proudly wear the green and white, regardless of why or how he chose to go elsewhere, initially.

However, all of this is moot if he doesn't get accepted into UHM.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Interesting to see how things will turn out as all quarterbacks will have to learn the new system. I think who wins in spring will be the starter.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: