LIVE STREAM: Nick Rolovich Introductory Press Conference at 10 am HT

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

LIVE STREAM: Nick Rolovich Introductory Press Conference at 10 am HT

Post by uhwarriors »

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/sports/2 ... 53902.aspx

New University of Hawai'i head football coach Nick Rolovich will be officially introduced during a press conference, Monday, at the UH Athletics Department Lecture Hall. The press conference begins at 10:00 a.m. HT.

Click on the link above to watch the live stream.

-ubercow edit-

Link

uhwarriors

Re: LIVE STREAM: Nick Rolovich Introductory Press Conference at 10 am HT

Post by uhwarriors »

Starting now. Streaming also on Hawaii News Now and KHON.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/category/198303/livestream

http://khon2.com/live-stream/

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

If you missed the live streaming, you can watch a replay:

Link

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Any thoughts on the press conference? did it change anyone's minds? no effect at all?

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

poidog wrote:Any thoughts on the press conference? did it change anyone's minds? no effect at all?
I like it that he thanked Chow. Too many negatives, it's nice to hear positives, anything positive about Chow/the past. No need to bash the past.

I felt the speech was personal, from the heart.

No cheerleader type of speech, which would seem fake.

And he did not make any personal promises, or make any promises (like chase championships and NFL).

Talk about the "experience." The college (UH and Hawaii) experience. Not "prepare players for the NFL."

Yes, it did changed my mine. He was #3 on my list. But now I'm all in. UH made the right choice. Go Bows.

If I have to pick on anything....is this.

I'm old, so it's the Rainbow Warriors. Rolo already made several references to "Warriors" only. Not a deal breaker, but I'm old school.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote:
poidog wrote:Any thoughts on the press conference? did it change anyone's minds? no effect at all?
I like it that he thanked Chow. Too many negatives, it's nice to hear positives, anything positive about Chow/the past. No need to bash the past.

And he did not make any personal promises, or make any promises (like chase championships and NFL).

Talk about the "experience." The college (UH and Hawaii) experience. Not "prepare players for the NFL."

Yes, it did changed my mine. He was #3 on my list. But now I'm all in. UH made the right choice. Go Bows.

I'm old, so it's the Rainbow Warriors. Rolo already made several references to "Warriors" only. Not a deal breaker, but I'm old school.
:hello1: :hello1:
ImageImage

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Sounds like he is trying to build a program from the ground up. Sounds good to me. Get people who are reliable, who aren't going to fly by. Get the team to be a functioning unit again. Sounds good to me. He wasn't my first choice but he sounds good.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thank goodness he didn't say that we'll be chasing championships and winning games.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

“I have four kids … a lot of Disney movies,” said Rolovich. “We’re watching ‘Lion King’ two years back. I liken us a lot to Pride Rock. We were great once. We can be great again. We can all be Simba. It’s going to take all of us. We all are Simba. Do one thing better today to help this program … and we can be great again. Pride Rock has a chance.”

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

:lol:
Irse wrote:
cabanalane wrote:

:hello1: :hello1:
:lol: Rolo was a Warrior!!!
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote:

I picked up on that "warriors" thing too, so i guess we will have to see if that ends up being a thing or not. I agreed with everything else you said. I thought it was a successful introduction.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

While I liked Rolo saying Hawaii is home but Norm Chow said the same type of thing as well! I not getting sucked into that emotional connection speech/feeling. Rolo says the X&O’s and scheme doesn’t matter it the players unity that wins games. Rolo better hire some high quality coaches that can recruit and know X&O’s to put the players in position to make plays.

Im not worried about the players buying into what Rolo is selling because the ones that are not buying in, will be leaving. Winning will get the players to bond and fight for one another.

Hawaii has been out coached the during he Norm Chow era for many offensive stumbles. So Rolo need to get staff in place that know there X&O’s, because a group of football smart coaches will put the players in position to make plays.

I not letting the emotional press conference of Hawaii is home, soften up my stance that Rolo has to get the sinking ship righted. 1st year honey moon, 2nd year honey moon is over a losing record is still expected. 3rd year better have a winning season and a bowl game. 4th year Bowl game and MW Championship game. Same expectation I had for Norm Chow.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I'm not expecting miracles. He is the lowest paid coach in the MW. I hope he can make us competitive in the conference.
ImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Q & A with Hawai‘i Football Coach Nick Rolovich

Link

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

WarriorTyme wrote:While I liked Rolo saying Hawaii is home but Norm Chow said the same type of thing as well! I not getting sucked into that emotional connection speech/feeling.
Norm Chow said it... and then continued to live in Los Angeles. Huge difference there. Norm said that he was happy to "come back home" and Rolo said "I never left". huge difference, in my opinion.
WarriorTyme wrote:Rolo says the X&O’s and scheme doesn’t matter it the players unity that wins games. Rolo better hire some high quality coaches that can recruit and know X&O’s to put the players in position to make plays.
My takeaway from this is that Rolo will use whatever system will be successful here. Norm came in and basically said that he needs to bring in all new guys because the holdover players couldn't run his "X's and O's", so I'm optimistic by Rolo's words and they make sense to me. He's not gonna rationalize 2-3 seasons of losing because he needs to bring in "his guys", or at least that's my hope.