Who will Rolo hire for his staff? A speculation Thread

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SRJC
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Who will Rolo hire for his staff? A speculation Thread

Post by SRJC »

Is there a chance Kahuku head coach Tata gets a job as defensive line coach?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

No JJ please. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

J-Rod wrote:No JJ please. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Agreed
I wish they could get coach cavanaugh back for the Oline. He was awesome.

KanakaMaoli96792
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KanakaMaoli96792 »

browndog wrote:
J-Rod wrote:No JJ please. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Agreed
I wish they could get coach cavanaugh back for the Oline. He was awesome.
Concur

KanakaMaoli96792
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KanakaMaoli96792 »

Nick Rolo HC/QBs/OC

Craig stutzman OC/WR
Keola Loo TE
Nate Ilaoa RB
Chris Naeole OL\running game/Associate HC
Brian Derby OL

Iona Uiagalelei DC/DL

kimo von oelhoffen DL
Lenny Rodriguez OLB
jeff ulbrich ILB
abraham elimimian CB
DEMETRICE MARTIN DB/ Co- DC/special teams

With a "Spread and Shred" offense
And a " 3-4" Zone blitzing Defense

All these coaches have experience, connections, and resources throughout Hawai‘i, all of the West coast, Jr colleges, PAC-12, Mauntain west, NFL, Sponsors, High School camps, and more.

They would bring in recruits from Pago pago, Compton, Long beach, Waianae, Kahuku, Kalihi, St. Louis, Utah, Vegas, New Zealand, Alaska, Tonga.

This staff would bring back the hard hitting, Dawg Pound Defense & and a High powered Spread and Shred Offense

Also we need Vili the Warrior back
And BLAST the music in The Aloha Stadium!!!!

Eō e nā TOA!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:D Just the fact that we have a "young" coach means he will look for position experience in coaching on this level....UH ties are nice, but I don't see it as necessary....IMHO :read:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Irse wrote:Would bee nice if JJ could be hired as an offensive consultant but he's probably not very happy with UH at this point.
Hope Tuioti is able to come back.
We need one or two who have ties to Texas. Lots of good players there.
I hope Tuoiti stays far away from UH as possible, I know a few players that couldn't stand Tuioti, plays the favor card and was disrespectful to some LB's when he was here.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

KanakaMaoli96792 wrote:Nick Rolo HC/QBs/OC

Craig stutzman OC/WR
Keola Loo TE
Nate Ilaoa RB
Chris Naeole OL\running game/Associate HC
Brian Derby OL

Iona Uiagalelei DC/DL

kimo von oelhoffen DL
Lenny Rodriguez OLB
jeff ulbrich ILB
abraham elimimian CB
DEMETRICE MARTIN DB/ Co- DC/special teams

With a "Spread and Shred" offense
And a " 3-4" Zone blitzing Defense

All these coaches have experience, connections, and resources throughout Hawai‘i, all of the West coast, Jr colleges, PAC-12, Mauntain west, NFL, Sponsors, High School camps, and more.

They would bring in recruits from Pago pago, Compton, Long beach, Waianae, Kahuku, Kalihi, St. Louis, Utah, Vegas, New Zealand, Alaska, Tonga.

This staff would bring back the hard hitting, Dawg Pound Defense & and a High powered Spread and Shred Offense

Also we need Vili the Warrior back
And BLAST the music in The Aloha Stadium!!!!

Eō e nā TOA!
I like the way you think. Bring in the people who can make Hawaii become competitive again in the MWC.
Last edited by shrek2 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Head coaches usually pick guys they know, have worked with or against as assistants. They've got to look at the personalities of the coaches and have coaches that can work well with one another.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I'll give it a stab.... JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES...

HC/OC - Nick Rolovich
QB, Man in the Booth - Ron Lee
WR - Ashley Lelie
RB - Brian Smith
OL - Chris Naeole

DC - Ikaika Maloe
DL - Ma'a Tanuvasa
LB - Cal Lee
DB - Abraham Elimimian

ST, Walkon Program, Pro Day - Rich Miano

How you figgah?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BigWave96744 wrote:JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES...
that reminded me of those "football sheets" you get from the shady liquor stores...

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

getting in my guesses before today's press conference:

HC/OC - Nick Rolovich

QB - George Rush (wild guess. 2nd wild guess - anyone know if Vince Passas is interested in the job?)
RB - Steven King (GA at UNR)
WR - Ashley Lelie
OL - Chris Naeole

DC/DL - Bill Teerlinck (DL/Co-DC at UNR)
LB - Kurt Gouveia
DB - Abraham Elimimian
DB/Associate HC - Rich MIano

ST - Chris Demarest (wild guess because I have no idea... I was gonna guess Tyson Helton but it looks like he's making a name for himself as OC at WKU.)

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote:I'll give it a stab.... JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES...

HC/OC - Nick Rolovich
QB, Man in the Booth - Ron Lee
WR - Ashley Lelie
RB - Brian Smith
OL - Chris Naeole

DC - Ikaika Maloe
DL - Ma'a Tanuvasa
LB - Cal Lee
DB - Abraham Elimimian

ST, Walkon Program, Pro Day - Rich Miano

How you figgah?
Pretty much sounds good but would like to see Rich Ellerson as DC. He has been a HC before so he could help Rolo with that. Plus his D was always tough. Also I'd like to see Tata at DL. Not sure about Rich. Would he undermine Rolo?
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I like to see Timmy Chang back. I think he and Rolo does have a "relationship" And also teammates. I'm sure there is the competitive nature between the two in the exact same system (at the same time).

But also, I would like to say that I'm impress with Chang and where he is at in his career. With respect, I recall his past press conferences (in pidgin), and even then....showed poise and confidence. And how he has "grown up."

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

For those unfamiliar with the name Ikaika Malloe, he coached with Rolo on the 2008 UH team and have his coaching ties spread out in the mainland.
Ikaika Malloe (ee-KEYE-ka ma-LOY), who has 14 years of coaching experience including three years as a defensive coordinator and six years as a special teams coordinator, is in his second season as Utah State’s defensive line coach.
In his first season at Utah State, Malloe helped Utah State to the second-most wins in school history with its 10-4 record and its third-straight bowl win with a 21-6 victory against UTEP in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.
During the 2014 season, Malloe coached three defensive linemen to all-Mountain West honors in B.J. Larsen (first team), Jordan Nielsen (honorable mention) and Elvis Kamana Matagi (honorable mention).
Utah State’s defense finished the 2014 season ranking among the top 30 in the nation in 10 categories, including ranking first in the Mountain West and 12th in the nation in scoring defense at 19.7 points per game. USU also ranked first in the MW and fourth nationally in both sacks (3.57 pg) and tackles for loss (8.1 pg), second in the MW and eighth in the nation in passes intercepted (19), second in the MW and ninth in the nation in defensive touchdowns (5), second in the MW and 11th in the nation in turnovers forced (30), second in the MW and 17th nationally in passing efficiency defense (111.42), first in the MW and 24th in the nation in rushing defense (130.7 ypg), second in the MW and 25th in the nation in opponents third down conversion percentage (.358), and second in the MW and 30th nationally in total defense (356.1 ypg).
Malloe came to Utah State after spending two seasons at Portland State, where he served as the Vikings’ special teams coordinator and defensive tackles coach.
During the 2013 season at Portland State, Malloe helped coach a Vikings defense that held seven teams to less than 100 yards rushing, and recorded 91.0 tackles for loss and 27.0 sacks. Malloe also mentored a pair of honorable mention all-Big Sky Conference defensive tackles in Joe Lopez and Junior Alexis.
As special teams coordinator, Portland State’s 2013 special teams featured the nation’s top punter in All-American Kyle Loomis who averaged 46.5 yards per kick, and the Vikings led the nation in net punting (41.71 ypk). The Vikings also blocked seven kicks and punts, and held opponents to a Big Sky Conference low 14.9 yards per kick return, which ranked second in the nation. In addition, kick returner Nate Tago and special teamer Hayden Plinke earned honorable mention all-Big Sky accolades.
In 2012, Malloe’s group of defensive tackles helped hold five Big Sky schools to 86 rushing yards or less, including zero rushing yards by national semifinalist Eastern Washington. Malloe also coached three players to honorable mention all-Big Sky honors in defensive tackle Dereck Jester, kicker Zach Brown and kick returner Nevin Lewis.
Prior to working at Portland State, Malloe spent three years as the defensive coordinator at Yale (2009-11).
In 2008, he was the special teams coordinator and defensive tackles coach at Hawai’i, helping the Rainbow Warriors to an appearance in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl.
From 2004-07, Malloe served as the defensive line coach at UTEP, helping the Miners to the 2005 GMAC Bowl.
Malloe also spent three years as the special teams coordinator and defensive line coach at Western Illinois as he helped the Leathernecks win the 2002 Gateway Conference Championship along with back-to-back quarterfinal appearances in the FCS Playoffs.
Malloe began his coaching career at his alma mater, Washington, as a student assistant, graduate assistant and program coordinator.
A 1996 graduate of Washington, Malloe earned numerous awards as a Husky defensive back. He was named the 1992 Stapp Memorial Award recipient (most inspirational on team), earned the team’s hardest hitter honor for three straight years, won the 1993 Jarvis Award, was named most improved defensive back in 1994 and was named player of the week by USA Today in 1995.
A native of Waimanaio, Hawaii, Malloe and his wife Tara have three children, sons Jordan and Isaiah, and daughter, Taylor.
IKAIKA MALLOE FILE
Coaching History:
2014- Utah State - Defensive Line
2012-13 Portland State - Special Teams Coordinator/Defensive Tackles
2009-11 Yale - Defensive Coordinator
2008 Hawai'i - Special Teams Coordinator/Defensive Tackles
2004-07 UTEP - Defensive Line
2001-03 Western Illinois - Special Teams Coordinator/Defensive Line
1997-2001 Washington - Student Assistant/Graduate Assistant/Program Coordinator
Bowl Games/FCS Playoffs:
Utah State - New Mexico, 2014
Hawai'i - Sheraton Hawai'i, 2008