Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

DC Mason reassigned to non-coaching job

Post by ulua »

Maybe he should have been reassigned along time ago. I didn't know about Moses being reassigned, I wonder why? Lets see what Abe can do as the DC in this last game.

http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/warrior-b ... /#comments
Defensive coordinator Tom Mason has been reassigned to a non-coaching job in the academic center ahead of Saturday’s season finale against Louisiana-Monroe.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Mason reassigned

Post by Irse »

Man, what a mess at UH. We now only have 8 coaches instead of 11. Good thing only one game left.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... _role.html
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Mason reassigned

Post by RedZone »

No one should be surprised. We had enough on offense to win the last game. Mason was out of it. I can see why SMU skidded so bad after JJ left.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

Reassigned right before the last game. Seriously. This is an indication of just how chaotic things are behind the scenes.
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

my reaction to this: *shrug*

Cracks me up to read the comments on Tsai's blog about this, especially the ones who use this as proof to say that firing Chow early was a "total disaster". Is it any less of a mess if Chow stays and we have all 11 coaches on staff and we get blown out vs. only having 8 coaches on staff and getting blown out? I had higher hopes for Naeole and I thought things would have been a little better to end the season, but it hasn't worked out that way (but I did like the effort at UNLV and the second half of SJSU). But with that said, I think Naeole gets his first win as a head coach this weekend and we can finally close the book on a very sad era for Hawaii sports.

No matter what is happening, I'm still glad that I don't have to see or hear Norm on a weekly basis anymore. Naeole could reassign the whole staff and coach the team himself and it would still be better than listening to Norm talk about how they are gonna work harder and that Wittek is his guy.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I was hoping he'd fire both coordinators and get Ron Lee And Vae Tata to coach the last game.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: DC Mason reassigned to non-coaching job

Post by My3Cats »

Oh boy, that's a pretty highly paid academic adviser. If he even bother to show up for work.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Paraphrase from 7 habits of highly successful companies or effective people is when there is a problem, do something about it. Just don't keep things status quo. This is what Chow did as coach. UH will change for this last game but the changes should have come sooner. I hope they can stop the QB rollout pass to the tight end or fullback. Maybe they don't have that in the playbook but you think after missing that early in the year something would get fixed but no change. At least this game will be different with new blood.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Weak head coach can't manage average coordinators. Average coordinators can't manage without a weak head coach. What's the difference? It's hard to believe we've fallen so far after leading many offensive and defensive categories in prior years. We've gone from unfortunate, close losses against good teams to disgusting blow-outs against average teams in a short time.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Let's face it. Big time programs require big time money. The deficit in the UH budget is less than what they pay Jim Harbaugh at Michigan.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Mason said he was shocked by his reassignment to a non-coaching position. I remember earlier when he said he was shocked when Chow was fired. I wonder if he will be shocked when he finds out that the new coach did not retain him.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

RedZone wrote:I remember earlier when he said he was shocked when Chow was fired.
Haha, I forgot about that! I wonder if he was shocked when AFA hung so many points on his defense?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

poidog wrote:
RedZone wrote:I remember earlier when he said he was shocked when Chow was fired.
Haha, I forgot about that! I wonder if he was shocked when AFA hung so many points on his defense?
AFA also beat Boise State this year.
When was the last time Hawaii did that?
Chow was a cancer that needed to be removed.
I don't know that Mason needed to be at this point in the year.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

SundayJam wrote:
poidog wrote:
AFA also beat Boise State this year.
When was the last time Hawaii did that?
Chow was a cancer that needed to be removed.
I don't know that Mason needed to be at this point in the year.
There's been a rift in the coaching staff prior to Chow leaving, from what I've heard. I think things just came to a head. I've also heard some rumblings about some coach or coaches undermining the authority of naeole so maybe that was the case and Mason was one of those coaches.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: DC Mason reassigned to non-coaching job

Post by My3Cats »

The (former) head coach's head finally rolled, and other heads are now rolling. One last game to end the madness and then the excitement begins for the next season and who will be the next head coach.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.