lets get Sark.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

lets get Sark.

Post by whirlygig5 »

Haha perfect timing lets get drunk Sark to coach UH, think he might have some ties to UH. i met him here in Hawaii right before he went the BYU. He already knew he was the starting QB.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: lets get Sark.

Post by Irse »

No thanks
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I would rather get the guy from Maryland.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

Being serious, he might be an option in a year or two. But he needs to get his life in order first.

Sark is an experience head coach with experience in rebuilding a program and recruiting the West Coast. He might be a good fit for Hawaii.

Now he might not be in great demand after what happen at USC, so UH might be a place for him to get a second chance.

But being very serious, he needs to take a step away from football and get his life and priorities in order first.

He does have a few connections to Hawaii. That 1996 BYU team was full of starters from Hawaii including 2 WR, TE, RB, and a OL.

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

H3ll to the nahhhhhhhhh

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Sark, things like coaching a game drunk and passing out in a drunken stupor on the plane rides home from games are just beyond redemption. I would give Steve Spurrier a chance to retire in Hawaii, though. Coach just announced his retirement from the Game Cocks.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Srs, just give Rich Miano the job and call it done. He is just dying....dying to get the job. Miano would be cheap. I know he would give it 110%. I know he got something to prove. And I know he will find "ways" to build a good program. No need to spend $$$$ on a search committee and pay for their interview trip. No need to pay for the coach's moving expenses. No need for the spousal hire job at UH.

Just hire Rich Miano. In no way am I saying Miano = Sugar Bowl. At this point of the program, I believe Miano can turn the program to 500 in a 2 years or less.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote:Srs, just give Rich Miano the job and call it done. He is just dying....dying to get the job. Miano would be cheap. I know he would give it 110%. I know he got something to prove. And I know he will find "ways" to build a good program. No need to spend $$$$ on a search committee and pay for their interview trip. No need to pay for the coach's moving expenses. No need for the spousal hire job at UH.

Just hire Rich Miano. In no way am I saying Miano = Sugar Bowl. At this point of the program, I believe Miano can turn the program to 500 in a 2 years or less.
Good idea...Miano is a great example of a walk-on who beat the odds. He also was skilled in bringing in the right walk-on types.

His successes in football at all levels is a good base. The charisma, passion and love of UH football is obvious and will help with recruiting. However, UH may need new blood and turn a page to a new era. Best case is bring him in as interim HC in a few games and see his connection to the players and if he can build momentum.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Niele
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Niele »

I would seriously consider Miano as well, he brings energy and loves the program

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Miano is a cheat and dirty coach. Ask the OIA head coaches...and he was the interm coach but no one wanted him.. They all wanted chow. Yes he won a D2 Championship. That's cute. But he is not going to improve the program and he will just get the program in trouble with his dirty tactics. People forget how hard the transistion from High School Football to College Football is. There is a huge difference between the two.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

jhb3043 wrote:H3ll to the nahhhhhhhhh
Agreed 1,000,000%
i'd rather bring back van appen. Well maybe not .

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

No to Sark. Dude needs to get himself well. If I remember correctly his wife is from Hawaii.

I liked Miano, but not to rebuild and save UH football. I liked him as a possible head coach after Mac "resigned" to continue the RNS era or whatever you want to call that time of UH football.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

No.

caboman70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caboman70 »

EITSwarrior wrote:No to Sark. Dude needs to get himself well. If I remember correctly his wife is from Hawaii.

I liked Miano, but not to rebuild and save UH football. I liked him as a possible head coach after Mac "resigned" to continue the RNS era or whatever you want to call that time of UH football.
why did they get rid of Coach Mac again????

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

caboman70 wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:No to Sark. Dude needs to get himself well. If I remember correctly his wife is from Hawaii.

why did they get rid of Coach Mac again????
U serious?