Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Is UH slowly getting rid of the H logo

Post by My3Cats »

EITSwarrior wrote:
My3Cats wrote:
cabanalane wrote:The name, color, uniforms all should not matter, even if we have our preferences.

Oregon Ducks? Who want to be a Duck? That's a joke right there. A eat roast duck. They must have a hard time recruiting too. And that green does not scare anyone.

How about Beavers?
Of course it's all about the school, facilities and the programs, not the uniform or nickname. Oregon has the kala and can afford to be top quality. OSU has less kala and is mediocre in the PAC 12. Hawaii has no kala and is a bottom feeder in a weak conference.
What was Oregon before they changed their logo and therefore it's brand identity? Oregon was in terms of football, almost always in the middle of the pack or lower of the PAC-10 with some good years now and then of contending for conference title. Kinda like how Hawaii was. After the logo change, they're constantly in a bowl game, contending for the conference title, etc. It wasn't just a change of logo, it was a change of culture. It was for the better cause the school, the fans, they bought into it. Yes, Oregon has the facilities and the money, but all that came after they changed its brand identity.
Sure helped to have good coaching too.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Marketing is just flash.Oregon got better when they got Chip Kelly who brought in players who he could mold into his system. After this year,Helfrich is increasingly on his own terms as the HC. Brand identity is nothing in terms of building a football team. Oregon built a national identity in the last six years because of Chip Kelly and the program he brought to national prominence. He's gone..we'll see how long it stays that way.

Hawaii want's to replicate what Oregon did...well,a marketer or deep pockets institution like Nike won't do it for you ....Warriors gonna have to find their own version of Chip Kelly and bring in players to execute this as yet unknown Hawaii HC's system.

.Then,the donors and big bucks will flow....unless you really think there is some Hawaii based individual or corporation who is going to start it by investing big money before Oregon-Chip Kelly results happen for the Warriors.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

unpaid wrote:Marketing is just flash.Oregon got better when they got Chip Kelly who brought in players who he could mold into his system. After this year,Helfrich is increasingly on his own terms as the HC. Brand identity is nothing in terms of building a football team. Oregon built a national identity in the last six years because of Chip Kelly and the program he brought to national prominence. He's gone..we'll see how long it stays that way.

Hawaii want's to replicate what Oregon did...well,a marketer or deep pockets institution like Nike won't do it for you ....Warriors gonna have to find their own version of Chip Kelly and bring in players to execute this as yet unknown Hawaii HC's system.

.Then,the donors and big bucks will flow....unless you really think there is some Hawaii based individual or corporation who is going to start it by investing big money before Oregon-Chip Kelly results happen for the Warriors.
No they got better way before Chip Kelly got there. Mike Bellotti was the coach who ushered in the new look brand of Oregon. That's is when they built and established their new identity. Chip just took into overdrive and Helfrich is just trying to keep it steady.

Just so we're clear, I'm not saying a new logo or uniform will fix everything. I just think it sets the tone of what the football and the entire athletic department want to be. I believe that's what the "Tapa H" did when it was introduced.

And yes the only real way to turn around the football program is to get the "right" coach.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Now we got the pink H.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Oregon is goin down. The team is 2-3 with no Marcus... back to being overrated and cute. I wonder what is going to happen to the oregon bandwagon fans who now have no team.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I'll take the pink H over the rainbow.
But only for the month of October - national cancer awareness month.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."