Seriously

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

When will we see another QB get a chance??...this is getting ridiculous

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Seriously

Post by Neighbor »

Well this game. Wittek's knee looks messed up but I don't think he's missing any time. I just finally wanna see some Reilly or even some Zwahlen time

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

i just wanna see a new head coach

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Like watching Charlie Brown football. All optimistic until Lucy Van Pelt takes away the football.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

UHALLDAWAY808 wrote:When will we see another QB get a chance??...this is getting ridiculous
It seems like a system and talent issue. Without time, the best QBs don't have a chance...Remember what happen to Colt against Georgia?

MW does miss horribly sometimes or throws behind or leads the WR too much, which impacts their ability to make a play. The WRs are also not attacking the ball and being aggressive. Also, there are breakdowns in the communication with the WRs.

The running game is not existent, so many teams are covering the WRs with 6-8 players...I'd take 6-8 over 3-5 all day. The OL has consistent problems with the outside rush. The OC doesn't run variations of routes, combo routes and coverage based routes.

I'd guarantee there would be no difference if you entered either of the FR QBs.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
UHALLDAWAY808 wrote:When will we see another QB get a chance??...this is getting ridiculous
I thought by giving the USC Senior QB the chance, it would be win all the way.

If UH is going to shut it down for next year, then play the freshman QB. Give him time. Let's wait 2 years until becomes awesome.....

The feeling would be different if there was a drop pass, and interception, etc that loss the game. Zero = zero.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:

If UH is going to shut it down for next year, then play the freshman QB. Give him time. Let's wait 2 years until becomes awesome.....

The feeling would be different if there was a drop pass, and interception, etc that loss the game. Zero = zero.
From what I've seen in practice, the FR QBs are way behind Max in timing, offense knowledge, arm strength and a host of other relevant skills...throwing a sheep to the wolves only feeds the wolves...sheep is dead.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

wishbone time.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
cabanalane wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:

From what I've seen in practice, the FR QBs are way behind Max in timing, offense knowledge, arm strength and a host of other relevant skills...throwing a sheep to the wolves only feeds the wolves...sheep is dead.
I understand what you are saying, Palolo, and you have the benefit of seeing these young men play. However, the most relevant skill nowadays seems to be whether the QB just has "it." Bryant Moniz came out of nowhere on the depth chart and showed his moxy. Same with Colt Brennan, who did not know the offense when he was selected as starter over Tyler Graunke but had the moxy and made plays during his first season. Maybe one Beau or Aaron has the "it" factor and can pull it off if they have a modified game plan like we've seen with other teams who are working in new QBs. Perhaps we are too deep into the season to change horses, but zero points in three road games . . . . I wouldn't say we are in panic mode, but I think something needs to be done.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

To be fair to Max Wittek and the offense, yes they were held scoreless on the road, but they were to the best teams UH will have played this season.

Txbow
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Txbow »

EITSwarrior wrote:To be fair to Max Wittek and the offense, yes they were held scoreless on the road, but they were to the best teams UH will have played this season.
LOL....sounds like something Chow would say. Please do not take this the wrong way, but your rationale has "loser" written all over it. Just MO. Chow and his staff are not paid to keep games close or to give excuses. If that were the case, any Tom, Dick, and Harry would have the job - which is what it seems like now.

Txbow

Post by Txbow »

browndog wrote:i just wanna see a new head coach
You and most of Hawaii fans. Can't believe Chow can still walk around in public in Hawaii with no sense of shame. No dignity at all.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Txbow wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:To be fair to Max Wittek and the offense, yes they were held scoreless on the road, but they were to the best teams UH will have played this season.
LOL....sounds like something Chow would say. Please do not take this the wrong way, but your rationale has "loser" written all over it. Just MO. Chow and his staff are not paid to keep games close or to give excuses. If that were the case, any Tom, Dick, and Harry would have the job - which is what it seems like now.
Don't you EVER, EVER put me in as a Chow supporter. If you actually took the time to read any of my posts you'd know I'm far from a Chow supporter. I support the program and the players. That's what I was doing in that post, supporting the players. LOSER

FCWarrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by FCWarrior »

Duster wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
cabanalane wrote:

I understand what you are saying, Palolo, and you have the benefit of seeing these young men play. However, the most relevant skill nowadays seems to be whether the QB just has "it." Bryant Moniz came out of nowhere on the depth chart and showed his moxy. Same with Colt Brennan, who did not know the offense when he was selected as starter over Tyler Graunke but had the moxy and made plays during his first season. Maybe one Beau or Aaron has the "it" factor and can pull it off if they have a modified game plan like we've seen with other teams who are working in new QBs. Perhaps we are too deep into the season to change horses, but zero points in three road games . . . . I wouldn't say we are in panic mode, but I think something needs to be done.

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

Txbow wrote:
We knew going in that these would be body bag games. The finances of the Athletic Dept made these games necessary. I did not expect to win or even be close in any of these 3 games, but I did expect to at least score.

SDSU will be a very telling game. Shockingly, we are actually favored by 3. If Wittek plays well, and we make the basic plays, I think we can take it. If Wittek is limited or can't play, it will be a long long night. Lakalaka, Davis and Harris need to be ready and take the load off of the passing game as well.