The exciting and unpredictable team of Castle High School

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

The exciting and unpredictable team of Castle High School

Post by Egonator »

After a few years of being down and out, it seems as if Castle Football is getting back to its old scrappy self. Even with a smaller roster, the team has held its own, giving problems to top schools such as Waianae. Willie Ewaliko and Jeremy McGoldrick have been in sync with 7 touchdowns. Looking at the rest of the schedule aside from Kahuku, they have a chance to win the rest of the games on their schedule... Does anyone else think that Castle could possibly be a dark horse team in the playoffs?

HaterOfElitists
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: The exciting and unpredictable team of Castle High Schoo

Post by HaterOfElitists »

Iolani should take a lesson from Castle. They never complained about playing Kahuku and Farrington all of those years. And isn't Castle one of those teams that seems to surprise when nobody expects them to do anything? I also think BigWave96744 will comment on this since he's a Castle fan.

Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Naue »

Their resurgence makes for some good football and now that i think of it, yes, I have never heard them complain about having to play kahuku. Scrappy team...they just suit up and go to work.
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Jeremy McGoldrick is the player to watch on both offense and defense.
The INT against Waianae where he snatched it at the 1 yard line and returned it almost 40 yards was pretty exciting.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

HaterOfElitists wrote:Iolani should take a lesson from Castle. They never complained about playing Kahuku and Farrington all of those years. And isn't Castle one of those teams that seems to surprise when nobody expects them to do anything? I also think BigWave96744 will comment on this since he's a Castle fan.
Truth

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by saintlouisontop »

Castle gets blown out by any Ilh school. Blown out there too small not fast enough not enough players. you go 4 quarters trying to tackle wayne or jared then go on offense and get crushed by Laa or Iosefa. good luck tho

Shout out to my boy makana smith.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Another exciting win by the Knights.
35-32 over Waipahu
http://scoringlive.com/story.php?storyid=13281

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Jeremy McGoldrick is the player to watch on both offense and defense.
The INT against Waianae where he snatched it at the 1 yard line and returned it almost 40 yards was pretty exciting.
In just 2 quarters of work
Jeremy McGoldrick hauled in the three other touchdowns tossed by Ewaliko. He sat out in the first and third quarter due to a missed practice and sickness, but was able to make an impact with four catches for 102 yards and an interception on defense.
Also look for my bro's son Taylor Bee at receiver :)

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

As you get deeper into the season, two way players take a beating. Especially the smaller ones.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

saintlouisontop wrote:Castle gets blown out by any Ilh school. Blown out there too small not fast enough not enough players. you go 4 quarters trying to tackle wayne or jared then go on offense and get crushed by Laa or Iosefa. good luck tho

@saintlouisontop:
Just curious: Now that Iolani is D1, do you think Iolani would blow-out Castle? You said Castle is "not fast enough." Aren't they always fast? Small, but fast.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
saintlouisontop wrote:Castle gets blown out by any Ilh school. Blown out there too small not fast enough not enough players. you go 4 quarters trying to tackle wayne or jared then go on offense and get crushed by Laa or Iosefa. good luck tho

@saintlouisontop:
Just curious: Now that Iolani is D1, do you think Iolani would blow-out Castle? You said Castle is "not fast enough." Aren't they always fast? Small, but fast.
Yes, but they've struggled before. And yes, Iolani would slaughter Castle. Castle was a wickedly good team in 2005 and beat Kahuku that year. They also played an Iolani team that was much smaller than this year's one. Guess what happened? Iolani lead by 30 points in the 1st quarter and won going away.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

Go Casso!!!

I know Coach Maeda runs um Hard!!! My nephew played both OL/DL and he had them running sprints and 110's the day before the game.

I think if it wasn't for Maeda's run um hard attitude in practice and grade check they would be more of a threat. They have some big boys that I know personally that would have stayed and played for Castle but either dropped football or transferred.

Good luck to Casso this year!!!

We will see you in two weeks on the North Shore!!! GO BIG RED!!