unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
WhoAmI?
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by WhoAmI? »

And to the OIA: stop playing the victim!

WhoAmI?
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WhoAmI? »

St. Louis 31, Iolani 7 final

This changes nothing and does not suggest Iolani belongs in D2.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Amazing performance by Tuliloa for Punahou.Few signs of rust there.

Should we separate Oahu's D-I leagues into one state championship and Hawaii and Maui D-I leagues into another state championship? I think you can not have the Neighbor Island teams relegated to a D-I lite state tournament. Once it was all leagues in in the present format,you make it hard to go back to the old Prep Bowl days where the OIA and ILH settled it on their own.

Now,as it has worked out,the de facto result is that it's still the ILH champ and the OIA champ in the finals.All trophys ,so far,have been won by the champion of the Oahu leagues...just that they both have to wade through a few more teams.The results have been exactly like the old Prep Bowl days.

The state tournament should continue to include all the islands.Football on all the islands can only get better if the NI teams get exposed to Oahu game and eventually get more competitive as a result.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Amazing performance by Tuliloa for Punahou.Few signs of rust there.

Should we separate Oahu's D-I leagues into one state championship and Hawaii and Maui D-I leagues into another state championship? I think you can not have the Neighbor Island teams relegated to a D-I lite state tournament. Once it was all leagues in in the present format,you make it hard to go back to the old Prep Bowl days where the OIA and ILH settled it on their own.

Now,as it has worked out,the de facto result is that it's still the ILH champ and the OIA champ in the finals.All trophys ,so far,have been won by the champion of the Oahu leagues...just that they both have to wade through a few more teams.The results have been exactly like the old Prep Bowl days.

The state tournament should continue to include all the islands.Football on all the islands can only get better if the NI teams get exposed to Oahu game and eventually get more competitive as a result.

If Cost is a factor: (travle,ect.)

Game 3 - OIA 1 vs Winner Game 1

Game 1 - OIA 2 vs BIIF Champion Winner Game 3
State Champion
Game 2 - ILH 2 vs MIL Champion Winner Game 4

Game 4 - ILH1 vs Winner Game 2

I think all outer island teams should be D2

BIIF D2 teams beat BIIF D1 teams on a consistent basis. same thing happens on Maui. it rarely happens here on Oahu. if that Oahu program does beat D1 teams constantly they should bid to move up.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

If we were to have every league send multiple teams, do it this way:

Week 1
OIA #3 @ BIIF #2
OIA #4 @ MIL #2

Week 2
ILH #2 vs. BIIF #1
OIA #2 vs. MIL #1
OIA #1 vs. OIA #4/MIL #2 winner
ILH #1 vs. OIA #3/BIIF #2 winner
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Should be.
Game 1 OIA #2 vs.MIL
Game 2 OIA #3 vs.BIIF
Game 3
OIA CHAMP vs. Winner Game 1
Game 4
ILH CHAMP vs. Winner Game 2
Game 5 Championship
Winner of G3 & G4

Easy one.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I apologize for being late but this is the first time in the last 10 hours I could access the site.

Week 10,

1.Punahou 8-0 Punahou is getting it done ,even if they have to come from behind.
2.Kahuku 8-0 OIA playoff bye.
3.Mililani 7-1 OIA playoff bye.
4.St.Louis 6-1
5.Kapolei 6-3 Hurricanes rising.
6.Waianae 6-2 OIA playoff bye.
7.Kailua 7-2 OIA playoff win this week.
8 Kamehameha 4-4 chances for states looking slim now.
9.Farrington 6-2 OIA playoff bye
10.Kealakehe 7-3. Waveriders have homefield advantage in BIIF D-I playoffs.

Kaiser drops out of the top ten with the playoff loss to Campbell.

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

Markeke wrote:Should be.
Game 1 OIA #2 vs.MIL
Game 2 OIA #3 vs.BIIF
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5 Championship
Winner of G3 & G4

Easy one.
Markeke, you are the definition of a TOOL. Is your intelligence level that low that you feel the need to think that the OIA should be the only league with multiple berths in the state tourney? You need to get laid, son! And grow a brain! :D :D :D

As for anyone else that likes the format as it is and thinks the OIA should be the only league with multiple berths, send those doodoobrains to Guantanamo because that's where they belong! To suffer and make me laugh with their suffering! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

HaterOfElitists wrote:
Markeke wrote:Should be.
Game 1 OIA #2 vs.MIL
Game 2 OIA #3 vs.BIIF
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5 Championship
Winner of G3 & G4

Easy one.
Markeke, you are the definition of a TOOL. Is your intelligence level that low that you feel the need to think that the OIA should be the only league with multiple berths in the state tourney? You need to get laid, son! And grow a brain! :D :D :D

Lol. You need to get laid. Keep begging for an extra slot to guarentee the ILH is represented by 50% of their D1 teams. That's ridickulos. If your a second place ILH team then just believe your #2 in the State, watch the State Championship and then try harder next year. Simple.

As for anyone else that likes the format as it is and thinks the OIA should be the only league with multiple berths, send those doodoobrains to Guantanamo because that's where they belong! To suffer and make me laugh with their suffering! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

If you've got a problem with an all conference champions playoff, Markeke, there is something wrong with you.

It should be BIIF Champ vs. OIA Champ and MIL Champ vs. ILH Champ. Four champions. OIA does not deserve multiple berths.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

How about this.
OIA 3 teams
ILH 2 teams
MIL 1 team
BIIF 1 team
At large 1 (top ranked D2 team given option to play for D1 championship; if D2 team declnes, goes to highest ranked team not included above).

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

gopunahou wrote:If you've got a problem with an all conference champions playoff, Markeke, there is something wrong with you.

It should be BIIF Champ vs. OIA Champ and MIL Champ vs. ILH Champ. Four champions. OIA does not deserve multiple berths.
You left out Kauai. And no,i got no problem with 4 team tourney. ILHelitist worst nightmare would be OIA #1 and #2 playing for the 2015 State HS Football championship. Oh and that almost happen last year with Punahou coming from behind in the 4 th to beat Kahuku.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

rrforlifebaby wrote:How about this.
OIA 3 teams
ILH 2 teams
MIL 1 team
BIIF 1 team
At large 1 (top ranked D2 team given option to play for D1 championship; if D2 team declnes, goes to highest ranked team not included above).
Don't think I agree with bolded part. If you play in D2 then the D2 championship should be the highest you can achieve. Want to win the big boy D1 championship? Move up, play your entire season in D1 against D1 opponents and earn that D1 slot.

It's entirely possible that the best D2 team in a particular season could beat the 8th or 9th best D1 team, but doesn't mean they should be allowed to play for the D1 trophy.
Last edited by bandits1 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Good points, but by allowing D2 to play, would be a modified open playoff system.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

^^^No doubt, seeing what the top D2 team could do against the lower-seeded D1 teams would be very interesting. That '13 Kaiser team would've been a perfect example. But with the system the way it's set up now, even lowly McKinley deserves a D1 playoff slot more than Radford or Kapa'a simply because they had to fight through a D1-level schedule(minus the forfeits, of course).