unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by saintlouisontop »

When they took away the 5th year senior Saint Louis lost 3 starters then due to injury lost 4 M]more starters and ended up losing by 6 points hmmm ? that shows that ILH second stringers could compete with OIA first stringers.

They give up the most points but like I said they got off to a slow start and a bad call from refs saying Wayne fumbled when his knee was clearly down. Punahou most likely scores with all the momentum going into overtime.

If you had the choice to go to Alabama or Hawaii where would you go to play college football ? Punahou or Kahuku ? That is true that ILH has money but then again kids do have to pay to go to the school not all the great athletes are on scholarship and if they do end up getting a scholarship it is after several of years of paying.

It is true that ILH has more money and all I'm saying is that the OIA has a weak schedule and there teams are garbage besides the normal top 2 teams every year. Kahuku and a surprise OIA team. If you put any OIA team in the ILH thing would be different.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

joesmako44 wrote:STLOUISONTOP is exactly right. There is no comparison to the ILH. Mililani will go back to the bottom next season. That is why York will leave because he is not a fool (i hope) to stay. Kahuku picks up kids from one city to another city. That is like putting Aiea, Radford, and Moanalua together. Do you think they would be good???? duh So all that home grown drama is always being said is overrated. Parents and kids want to go to a private school because they want to better themselves. Not that you cannot do it in the OIA but that is just what it is. End result???? St Louis and Punahou winner will win the State Title this year!!
So far all your predicitions have been wrong and im enjoying every minute haha :D
As far as kahuku picking up kids from one city to the next? are you referring to small communities like kaaawa, laie, hauula? lmao you realzie kahuku is considered on of the smallest schools in the state with a small population. In fact, kahuku high school is smaller then every school you mentioned lol
your comments have caught the attention of a few friends "crusader alumni" who seem to be irritated by your arrogance and shamed from this negative attention.. I love it cause its motivation for opposing teams, including teams in the ILH
Keep it coming!!

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

It's, true, the ILH is a much tougher division. But that's easy to say when the power is concentrated amongst 3 schools. Regardless, at the end of the day, last team standing is the one that beat whomever was placed in front of them. In the previous 16 seasons, OIA 9 - ILH 7.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

You can't dispute the facts rrforlifebaby stated. Since all islands got teams into a true state playoff...the OIA has the edge currently. The Prep Bowl was not a true state championship,since it was strictly an OIA-ILH game. What might have been if all islands had been able to participate in a true hs football playoff and championship game since statehood. Waiakea,under Tim Lino back in the 90's might have taken a true state trophy back then,if it had existed.What might have been.

Headliners this week,

No.1 Punahou and No.7 Kamehameha.Puns are a little deeper and I think they take this game.That will put the burden squarely on St.Louis to derail the Buffanblu express.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

"If you put any OIA team in the ILH, things would be different". Ah yeah, but the ILH brain thrust would never allow it. For some people it's only about league pride. But point to fact and the Best in the State since 2000 is 9 OIA and 6 ILH also counting the asterisk 2010 St.Louis year.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

saintlouisontop wrote:When they took away the 5th year senior Saint Louis lost 3 starters then due to injury lost 4 M]more starters and ended up losing by 6 points hmmm ? that shows that ILH second stringers could compete with OIA first stringers.

They give up the most points but like I said they got off to a slow start and a bad call from refs saying Wayne fumbled when his knee was clearly down. Punahou most likely scores with all the momentum going into overtime.

If you had the choice to go to Alabama or Hawaii where would you go to play college football ? Punahou or Kahuku ? That is true that ILH has money but then again kids do have to pay to go to the school not all the great athletes are on scholarship and if they do end up getting a scholarship it is after several of years of paying.

It is true that ILH has more money and all I'm saying is that the OIA has a weak schedule and there teams are garbage besides the normal top 2 teams every year. Kahuku and a surprise OIA team. If you put any OIA team in the ILH thing would be different.
Funny you bring up Kahuku beating 2nd stringers. What about the other 7 years (yes I'm counting 2010)? Did the ILH play 2nd stringers then? How about when Mililani and Leilehua? Poor excuse.

You put any OIA team in the ILH and allow them to recruit, they would compete and possibly take over. Punahou was an after thought in the 90's until they started opening up to young football players AKA recruiting. Mililani, afterthought. Kaiser, afterthought. They recruited and the results were...well...you already know. Let guys like Maeda and Tokuda recruit and you'll regret all that mess you were talking about earlier.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

soleu wrote:
saintlouisontop wrote:When they took away the 5th year senior Saint Louis lost 3 starters then due to injury lost 4 M]more starters and ended up losing by 6 points hmmm ? that shows that ILH second stringers could compete with OIA first stringers.

Funny you bring up Kahuku beating 2nd stringers. What about the other 7 years (yes I'm counting 2010)? Did the ILH play 2nd stringers then? How about when Mililani and Leilehua won it all? Poor excuse.

You put any OIA team in the ILH and allow them to recruit, they would compete and possibly take over. Punahou was an after thought in the 90's until they started opening up to young football players AKA recruiting. Mililani, afterthought. Kaiser, afterthought. They recruited and the results were...well...you already know. Let guys like Maeda and Tokuda recruit and you'll regret all that mess you were talking about earlier.

7Statetitles
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 7Statetitles »

regarding the OIA not being able to compete with the ILH is comets bs! In the 16 years since State Title Era started , ha sent the OIA we on more state titles than ILH. or somewhere close??
. And for the record , Kahuku does not recruit from city to city . Majority are homegrown talent and a lot of transfers are kids from Kahuku alumni who live abroad and send their kids home to play for Kahuku when they reach High School. it's tradition !!!
f
heres a fact for you , every top ILH team in Hawaii except millilani , uses OIA Kahuku grown kids to help them win State tiltes. been like that since the 90's

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

This is laughable........"a true state playoff"....this will never be a true state playoff or championship until the BEST teams are all in. I'd say the prep bowl days were more of a state championship than this poor excuse of a "state tourney". C'mon, neighbor island teams???? Please, Name 1 team from the neighbor islands that have played for this mythical state championship???? I say OIA #1 vs. ILH #1 That's IT!!!!!! The BEST!!!!

HighFlyer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HighFlyer »

Don't forget this: would Iolani be as successful at D2 if it didn't recruit?

newguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by newguy »

Dog 96707 wrote:This is laughable........"a true state playoff"....this will never be a true state playoff or championship until the BEST teams are all in. I'd say the prep bowl days were more of a state championship than this poor excuse of a "state tourney". C'mon, neighbor island teams???? Please, Name 1 team from the neighbor islands that have played for this mythical state championship???? I say OIA #1 vs. ILH #1 That's IT!!!!!! The BEST!!!!
Gotta agree here All Big 3 teams are ranked year after year in everyone's top 10..Star Advertiser, Scoringlive, Unpaid Rankings, etc. Yet the ILH will only be allowed 1 entry into this so called "true state tournament" its laughable because the "true state tournament" year after year (by how it is structured) allows unranked teams in the tournament and simulateously eliminating 2 teams from the ILH that are consistantly ranked in the top ten and sometimes (this year anyways) in the top 5. Sorry but a true state tournament would allow all top ranked teams in.

I know, old subject 3 ILH teams equal 1 entry etc etc. its just my 2 cents
Last edited by newguy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

7Statetitles wrote:regarding the OIA not being able to compete with the ILH is comets bs! In the 16 years since State Title Era started , ha sent the OIA we on more state titles than ILH. or somewhere close??
. And for the record , Kahuku does not recruit from city to city . Majority are homegrown talent and a lot of transfers are kids from Kahuku alumni who live abroad and send their kids home to play for Kahuku when they reach High School. it's tradition !!!
f
heres a fact for you , every top ILH team in Hawaii except millilani , uses OIA Kahuku grown kids to help them win State tiltes. been like that since the 90's
well the OIA does have about 100 teams in the tourney and the ILH has what 1

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Markeke wrote:"If you put any OIA team in the ILH, things would be different". Ah yeah, but the ILH brain thrust would never allow it. For some people it's only about league pride. But point to fact and the Best in the State since 2000 is 9 OIA and 6 ILH also counting the asterisk 2010 St.Louis year.
again 100 OIA teas vs 1 ILH team

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Im not saying the OIA doesn't have 1 good team every year they do. Im saying the rest of the OIA is a joke

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

7Statetitles wrote:regarding the OIA not being able to compete with the ILH is comets bs! In the 16 years since State Title Era started , ha sent the OIA we on more state titles than ILH. or somewhere close??
f
ILH will be represented by the best ILH team, and you are right, they have kids from around the STATE, neighbor Islands as well.