unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by KindergartenCop »

I hope Milton thinks hard about his future. Because he has a big one at the next level. The injury is in his throwing shoulder. He does not want to come back no less than 100%. A reinjure will take twice as long to heal. I want to see the true Mililani team play in the playoffs and crown a true champion with no * next to it like the 2010 season when Kahuku was not able to participate, but not at the expense of a great athlete like Milton.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

KindergartenCop wrote:I hope Milton thinks hard about his future. Because he has a big one at the next level. The injury is in his throwing shoulder. He does not want to come back no less than 100%. A reinjure will take twice as long to heal. I want to see the true Mililani team play in the playoffs and crown a true champion with no * next to it like the 2010 season when Kahuku was not able to participate, but not at the expense of a great athlete like Milton.
Not making sense. Milton should stay out period. Also he should refuse the UH offer. Chow is bad. Milton would do better at a mid level school like Eastern Washington.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Markeke wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:I hope Milton thinks hard about his future. Because he has a big one at the next level. The injury is in his throwing shoulder. He does not want to come back no less than 100%. A reinjure will take twice as long to heal. I want to see the true Mililani team play in the playoffs and crown a true champion with no * next to it like the 2010 season when Kahuku was not able to participate, but not at the expense of a great athlete like Milton.
Not making sense. Milton should stay out period. Also he should refuse the UH offer. Chow is bad. Milton would do better at a mid level school like Eastern Washington.
I'm surprised that Milton can't find a mid-major with a spread offense to offer him.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Mm mm mm. That was no undermanned, undersized team that Big Red blew up tonight. I was honestly expecting the Seariders to be more physical than what they showed. And considering a couple of players arent playing for various reasons, very nice win for Big Red. Not a showy offense like Mililani, but gets the job done
And that is what Defense looks like boys and girls. Say what you will about who they've played, Big Red D is nasty.

KindergartenCop

rrforlifebaby wrote:Mm mm mm. That was no undermanned, undersized team that Big Red blew up tonight. I was honestly expecting the Seariders to be more physical than what they showed. And considering a couple of players arent playing for various reasons, very nice win for Big Red. Not a showy offense like Mililani, but gets the job done
And that is what Defense looks like boys and girls. Say what you will about who they've played, Big Red D is nasty.
Yes that is an impressive defense. First time I saw them play. They are big all over. I can't see any D stopping that running game. I don't think Mililani can stop that. It will be interesting to see how Mililani's offense does against that Big Red D. I think the key is Big Red RUN all game and chew up the clock and keep Mililani offense off the field.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 9,

1.Punahou 7-0
2.Kahuku 8-0
3.Mililani 7-1
4.St.Louis 5-1
5.Kapolei 5-3
6.Waianae 6-2
7.Kamehameha 4-3
8.Kailua 6-2 DNP
9.Farrington 6-2
10.Kaiser 4-4 Back in the top ten yet again.

My guess is Kahuku unveiled their plan to beat Mililani should the Trojans and Red Raiders meet in the OIA Championship game.It seems Kahuku loaded up with two extra big blockers in the backfield and a third extra blocker who was a H-back or TE and ran all over Waianae. Liberty had a similar,maybe exactly the same scheme to score at will against Mililani.It makes sense for Kahuku to try it on Waianae.If Kahuku ran all over Waianae and scored 30 like they did,then Mililani becomes a winnable game. Kahuku's defense can hold Mililani to twenty. If the Red Raiders do that,then they should be able to put up a minimum of 25 points with that jumbo run package they showed against Waianae. I'm thinking Kahuku 25,Mililani 20 if/when they meet this year.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

unpaid wrote:Week 9,

1.Punahou 7-0
2.Kahuku 8-0
3.Mililani 7-1
4.St.Louis 5-1
5.Kapolei 5-3
6.Waianae 6-2
7.Kamehameha 4-3
8.Kailua 6-2 DNP
9.Farrington 6-2

My guess is Kahuku unveiled their plan to beat Mililani should the Trojans and Red Raiders meet in the OIA Championship game.It seems Kahuku loaded up with two extra big blockers in the backfield and a third extra blocker who was a H-back or TE and ran all over Waianae. Liberty had a similar,maybe exactly the same scheme to score at will against Mililani.It makes sense for Kahuku to try it on Waianae.If Kahuku ran all over Waianae and scored 30 like they did,then Mililani becomes a winnable game. Kahuku's defense can hold Mililani to twenty. If the Red Raiders do that,then they should be able to put up a minimum of 25 points with that jumbo run package they showed against Waianae. I'm thinking Kahuku 25,Mililani 20 if/when they meet this year.
If it does happen, Kahuku vs mililani game would be fun too watch. Even if Milton remains out, still gotta respect Malepeai (beast of an rb) and that receiving corps.
RRFL

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Ameperosa sat out yet Kahuku ran at will. did notice the beastly DE missing. Also the beastly TE. Yikes. That run package is brutal. Most teams will have to boost the DL with OL subs. Do that and the Kahuku Rebel D will have a sack party.

KindergartenCop

Markeke wrote:Ameperosa sat out yet Kahuku ran at will. did notice the beastly DE missing. Also the beastly TE. Yikes. That run package is brutal. Most teams will have to boost the DL with OL subs. Do that and the Kahuku Rebel D will have a sack party.
The only two QB's that can escape that pressure is Milton and Tua. I can't see another QB withstanding that pressure and still make plays. Mililani will have their work cut out for them.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

unpaid wrote:Week 9,

1.Punahou 7-0
2.Kahuku 8-0
3.Mililani 7-1
4.St.Louis 5-1
5.Kapolei 5-3
6.Waianae 6-2
7.Kamehameha 4-3
8.Kailua 6-2 DNP
9.Farrington 6-2

Not to mention that if Kahuku can do this, they'll control the clock, maintain possession and keep Mililani's offense off the field.

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by saintlouisontop »

Saint Louis or Punahou wins it all this year. Easily

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

The OIA is trash besides Kahuku and Mililani. Kam and Iolani would do great if they had Millilanis schedule

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Lastly I think any of the Big 3 Saint Louis Punahou or Kahuku from the past would easily dominate high school football now. Bigger Stronger Faster crazy how bad high school football has got.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

saintlouisontop wrote:Saint Louis or Punahou wins it all this year. Easily
Be careful... It could easily be two OIA teams playing for a state title!

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Would never happen oia is trash